Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The backgrounds look more surreal and simplified than in TLK. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but at least the acacia trees are very strange.
    But thanks for sharing. I'm still surprised that there is no more video footage, or other material leaked so far. It's not much time before the series air.

There are also some new comics:
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1484719123
    Can't wait to be queen? On the picture Kiana still looks very young?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I actually love those backgrounds. They're gorgeous!

That comic cover thing though... Yikes, what on earth is going on there!? That drawing is so weird and creepy that I don't quite know where to start o_o

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    I actually love those backgrounds. They're gorgeous!

That comic cover thing though... Yikes, what on earth is going on there!? That drawing is so weird and creepy that I don't quite know where to start o_o
    Looks like something that happened like 10 years ago in this forum. 0.o
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It actually reminded me of that Re-color-Artist comic... O_o
    Really weird... I can't believe that the lioness is really supposed to be Kiara. I mean... the markings, the age, the eye-color... those things are so way off! I'm just glad they said that the cover might change later.

But I agree with Kanu. I also like the backgrounds. Sure they are not like the backgrounds used in the first movie, but I still like it. Thanks for sharing!

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love the style in those backgrounds, somehow familiar, yet different. The trees remind me of those in Genndy Tartakovsky works (Samurai Jack for example).

That comic's cover... wow, that looks so creepy it's even disturbing, I mean, look at those eyes, it's like a lifeless carcass staring at you!

But that said, I found the summary a bit interesting:
    Kion's Roar of the Elders makes him the fiercest animal in the Pridelands, but with it comes great responsibility. Can he use it to protect his friends without abusing its power? Find out in this adventure-filled storybook!
    "Roar of the Elders"? I guess that would be the one shown in the first picture of Kion roaring with all the lion-clouds above him. Could this mean Kion has some kind of special power? I don't know, but it does sound like it in that summary. Could a magical element like this have a place in the TLK universe? I would have mixed feelings for sure

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    There are also some new comics:
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1484719123
    Can't wait to be queen? On the picture Kiana still looks very young?
    I don't know why, but when I look at this character, it kinda reminds me of this picture of Missi Pyle from Home Alone 4. Why, brain, why?

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://d23.com/disney-channel-d23-expo-2015/
    "The talented stars and creators from tweens, teens, and families’ favorite Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior series will be at D23 EXPO 2015, August 14–16, at the Anaheim Convention Center!

The hot-off-the-presses schedule features “inside-the-magic” experiences that include star-studded musical performances by Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Holt, Bea Miller, Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, and a Teen Beach 2 Dance Party; a sneak peek at Disney Junior’s upcoming The Lion Guard; meet and greets with beloved characters from top-rated series like Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins; the premiere of an all-new Mickey Mouse cartoon short; and more."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe for some this is hard to digest, but it looks like there will be no Kovu in TLG, at least if you trust MTV: http://www.mtv.com/news/2211233/disn...g-series-kovu/
    The explanation is very hard and doubt that they will show any of this in a TV series for small kids, but perhaps there are some hints about it, if it is true. It might also be , that they had to reduce the number of major characters in the series.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Interesting...

TLG sure isn't gonna get any more popular in certain parts of the fandom if this is indeed true. I can just imagine the fury now :'D

It seems odd that they'd just kill off Kovu though, since he really is a very popular character. Maybe they needed him gone in order for Kion to be able to be the guard - with Kovu around there would be little need for Kion to be head of the guard, right? Hmm. I wonder how this will be explained.

(If it's true it does fall nicely into my 'Kiara as Queen Victoria' headcanon though, haha)

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm I don't know. Are they coming to those conclusions solely by Marsden replying with "Circle of life my friend. Circle of life"?

While I would believe that Kovu might not appear in the show (for whatever dumb reason Disney might give), he might as well be just saying he won't be reprising his role as Kovu, giving the part to someone else.
    Or even if he meant that Kovu won't be in the show, I doubt it'll be because he died. I think that's a very early conclusion based on just that little reply.

Although I admit, it would be interesting if it played out like that. Heart crushing, but interesting nonetheless. Maybe the TV movie could show us Kovu's demise... but yeah, that would be a bit too heavy for Disney Junior xD

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Are they coming to those conclusions solely by Marsden replying with "Circle of life my friend. Circle of life"
    Yeah, this is silly. I didn't think that is what Marsden meant... I assume it just meant that he wasn't meant to voice act in that show, since Kovu isn't in it. I don't think that means Kovu is dead in The Lion Guard. (If Kovu is not in The Lion Guard, I just bet that Kovu just wont be mentioned) Or they got someone else to voice him. We'll just see.

I am curious to see what age Kiara is at when you first see her in The Lion Guard, just because of the story of Simba's Pride. Does The Lion Guard take place in the middle of Simba's Pride, or after? I wonder how they planned that out. I was thinking of this when it was first mentioned that Kiara would be in The Lion Guard.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's what I've been saying all along about the Kovu thing. For all we know this series takes place before Kovu was even in the picture. But I also have an unpopular opinion on Kovu, so whatever. I don't care if he's not there. I just don't see the draw, but whatever floats their boats.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, who knows. Kovu might not be in the series.... at first. I mean, maybe with enough popular demand they could surprise us and bring him in later on, like for the next season or something, making a cameo or two xP

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was thinking that too. If the show becomes popular enough, they might bring in more characters later on, like Kovu. Either way I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Haha.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Me either haha. Also, I feel like the cub on that weird cover looks a little like Vitani. It's the eyes I think haha.

Kind of off topic, but I had a student named Kiara this past year. I was so excited when I saw the name. She was a great kid too. I should have asked if she was named after Simba's daughter.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New Lion guard video is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HevDh7CE8

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just saw it too, and whoa! It looks pretty good! the animation is really gorgeous, and I actually like these new hyenas' designs, I think they match the TLK universe well.

There's also tons of new information here

Just check this out:
    The clip cannily sums up the premise of the new film (and eventual series), with Kion (voiced by Max Charles) leading a group of animals called The Lion Guard. Traditionally, this group has been comprised of the bravest, fastest and strongest animals of the Pride Lands, but Kion “breaks with tradition” and recruits his friends. This means that the new Lion Guard is comprised of a motley crew that includes Bunga (Joshua Rush), a blustery honey badger; Ono (Atticus Shaffer), a smarty-pants egret; Fuli (Diamond White), a confident cheetah and Beshte (Dusan Brown), a friendly hippo. Yes, this sounds very promising.

Even more promising is the voice cast that executive producer Ford Riley and his talented team have assembled. Not only does The Lion Guard include original stars James Earl Jones and Ernie Sabella, reprising their roles as Mufasa and Pumbaa, but also great new talent like Rob Lowe as Simba and Gabrielle Union as Nala. (Kevin Schon reprises his role as Timon from The Lion King’s Timon and Pumbaa television series.)

What makes The Lion King even more interesting is that the Education and Science experts from Disney’s Animal Kingdom have been advising on the project, letting the storytellers in on the “characteristics, behaviors and habitats of the African animal species” and continuing the series’ theme of preservation and respect for the natural surroundings of Africa.

Quite frankly, we can’t wait. The concept behind the serious is adorable and ingenious, allowing for genuine education about serious issues to be presented in an easily digestible platform (a spoonful of sugar, after all), and the animation is gorgeous and evocative. Something tells us that the time in between The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar and the premiere of the series will seem awfully long

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rob Lowe... I can picture him as Simba, he has a very calm voice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They're supposed to have a small panel at D23 this weekend with Don Hahn and a performance of a song of some type.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I freaking love this.

The Lion Guard just got at least 10 times more exciting!

-----