Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just glad that this isn't the intro to the Lion Guard:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4P-46X2THo

Really, it could be far worse and right now I'm really enjoying all those nice clips of TLG.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only just found out about The Lion Guard yesterday because of that Equestria Daily post. xD

*bounces* I'm soooo hyped for this - a new Lion King movie AND TV series? *bounce* Even if it is only mildly popular, it is adding more lore to TLK and will introduce a new generation of kids to my all time favorite Disney movieee. *bounce*
    Endra - Formerly Aziri & Ghalati

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeap, it's what has us all excited, it's a great time to be a TLK fan ^^

I wonder if The Lion Guard will be such a hit. It's be great if there's cool new merchandise, like t-shirts with the Guard's mark on it sold in Hot Topic (I certainly would like one of those ). But it's still a kids show for Disney Jr, so it might not be that big after all ><

Oh btw, I've also been thinking that at some point it'll be a good idea to make a new section in the forum dedicated to TLG. Since it'll be a TV series, maybe it would fit well in 'The Jungle', along with the 'Timon and Pumbaa' series section. That poor place has been ignored for a long while now, maybe TLG could give it a new purpose, don't you think? xD

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Here's an embed of the video from D23 uploaded by Stitch Kingdom

Well, it certainly adds extra weight to Scar's line "Oh, and just between us, you might want to work on that little roar of yours, hmm?" Best thing ever!

An interesting concept and it's growing on me. I love that they've done the background development onto it as well.

Also the backgrounds are to die for, I wanted the person recording to show more of those than the singer
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @Leor, Hasira, Shatara, and Guntur:
    I've moved your postings from the "Lion Guard" topic to a new thread (See here). Thank you very much for your suggestions!
    I think this way we can keep this topic for postings related to TLG. It's so great to see how the show already affects this board and I'm glad people are interested in making this place a little bit better. Thank you!

And now, back to topic:
    You're right, Azerane. Those backgrounds are really well-done and they remind me of those in "Timon and Pumbaa go wild about safety". They were very detailed as well, but this time the style is a little bit different. I really hope we get to see more of those soon!

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's great that you did that, Well time for me to move there and see if it work for all of us. Later.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I found an article about a young student working on TLG. It's not revealing much about the series, but still interesting to read: http://thesheridansun.ca/blog/2015/0...ing-dream-job/

There is also a picture book announced about the TLG: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/400...-cover-reveal/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How nice, a TLK fan who landed a job most of us only dream of. Good read, I'm happy for him
    Oh and I'm totally digging on that book cover!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That book cover looks epic

And that article was really cool too. What a dream come true!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okaaaay, so another book based on TLG just showed up. And this is the cover:

Yeap, that seems to be Kiara, who can't wait to be Queen... and she's a cub

What do you guys think about this? Personally it doesn't really bothers me, it doesn't change what I expect of the show, but I certainly didn't see it coming xD Maybe I was wrong in assuming she would be adult based on the voice actress. We'll have to wait and see how this all turns out.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    People on the other forum are FLIPPING out because she's not an adult. They're saying it ruins the continuity. How? Not everything has to be a continuation. I would personally love more of the "in between" stories. I don't care how old she is, this isn't her story. People need to chill.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I... actually find it pretty disappointing. Mostly because it raises the question - where on earth was Kion and the Lion Guard during TLKII then?

Simba's Pride is obviously still canon, so I feel like this could mean something pretty dark for Kion and the others... Are they going to roll with the popular fan theory that Zira killed Simba's son??
    (No xD But they'll have to come up with a really good reason now for The Lion Guard gang to be gone without a trace during the big battle and at the Pride Rock ceremony at the end! I think they're making things more complicated than they need to be by making the series a midquel.)

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hah! I called it as soon as he started whining about going into the Outlands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...And cue 10,000 gory fan deaths for Kion!

(I'm having a hard time with the honey badger. I just don't like looking at it. :C )
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YAY a teaser trailer for the lion guard return of the roar and finally a date for when it comes out November 22nd
    https://youtu.be/DdXf5X-bIXk
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks!
    I also read about this trailer and I just wanted to post it here. But you were faster than me XD

Okay... so we don't really learn anything new, but this trailer provides a little bit more evidence that Kiara is really still a cub. Of course the lioncub we see with Simba on Pride Rock could be that mysterious Zuri character, but I highly doubt it.
    Of course I'd love to see a little bit of Kovu and the other outlanders occasionally, but it really seems like Simba's Pride didn't happen. Or at least not all of the things mentioned in the 2nd movie.

Then again, I agree with Hasira. Not everything has to be a continuation and I think I can live with that somehow. Still, I wonder who this Zuri character really is or if he/she really exists. We'll know pretty soon, I'm sure.

What are your thoughts on the new trailer?

~ Brom, "Eragon".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Aww man! Seems that I'll have to wait a bit more. These country restrictions
    At least there's also this awesome new poster

Attachment 815

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good thing we give a damn about yt restrictions: http://www.s-tlk.org/stuff/TLK/lion_guard_teaser2.mp4

Maybe this movie starts with Kiara still be a cub, before Kion was born? In one and a half month we know for sure. Still time to change some things, Disney! xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is that after all this time, I'm still excited to see something new come from The Lion King and that Disney is finally breathing some life back into the franchise. I am honestly pretty dang excited about this series ! This is actually what got me to come back here

Oh and Leorgathar that poster is awesome!
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Woohoo!! Thanks s-tlk, you're awesome!

And yes, I'm pretty dan excited about it too. Kiara as a cub sure raises some eyebrows, but ah well, who knows what'll happen, I'll reserve my judgement until I've seen it.
    And so cool that we've got a date now!

- Hamlet