Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post

Hey, remember Lyonize (AKA DJ Simba)? He took the liberty of asking Jason Marsden on his Twitter account about these news, and here's what he replied:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonMars...40629156274176

Well, this pretty much confirms it. We'll have Kovu in TLG
    You're welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I canr wait for the show to premiere on tv and the fact that kovu nuka and vitani will be apart of it it's goin be great. I can't wait for all the products that will be coming out
    no one wants a meal that's fluffy and light, I need a man who brings a man sized appetite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that link, managed to see it now Love the African feel to the song, though it seems odd that a theme song wouldn't have a catch phrase or something to sing along too. Still, I like the sound.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    diskingdom.com reports that The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar will be released on DVD in Februar 23: http://diskingdom.com/2015/12/12/the...g-soon-to-dvd/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you told me I would fall in love and faithfully become a fan of Disney Junior show, I'd have thought you were crazy. Oh Lion King franchise, how you pull me in without even having to try.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They better show us what happens to Kion while Kiara is growing up during Simba's Pride.

Watching the "movie" right now, not even for a minute, and so annoyed, haha

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it me or the art and graphics are a lot better than Simba's Pride overall?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The next couple of episodes are:

01/22/2016: "Bunga the Wise" (Ep. 4)
    After floodwaters threaten the Pride Lands and Bunga comes up with a quick fix, Kion and the other members of the Lion Guard learn that the quick and easy solution to a problem is not always the best.
    01/15/2016: "Never Judge a Hyena by It’s Spots" (Ep. 5)
    When Kion gets separated from the rest of the Lion Guard, he finds himself lost in the Outlands where he meets Jasiri, a friendly female hyena, who rescues him and helps face off against Janja and the other hyenas. *Maia Mitchell (“The Fosters”) guest stars as Jasiri.
    01/29/2016: "Can’t Wait to be Queen" (Ep. 6)
    When Simba leaves Kiara in charge of Pride Rock for the first time, Kion reluctantly agrees to obey her which proves difficult when Janja tries to take advantage of Kiara’s inexperience and hatches a plot to take over the Pride Lands.
    This is either a mistake or episode 5 is aired before No. 4. I took the information from the official Disney press release page.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a new sneak peek for the next episode, "The Kupatana Celebration"
    We'll finally get to meet the jackals, and man are hey adorable! x3 I have big expectations for this episode.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In March the series will air on Disney Junior Holland, in Dutch, obviously.
    I'll need to check between the 30 kids-statoins our HDrecorder can pick up, and see if it's on there.
    I'll need my dad to record them all then. There must be some way to actually get it on DVD, when it's on the HDrecorder.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a new Behind the Scenes feature, this time about the music

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just read on The Lion's Guard Wikipedia page, that it was announced this month that The Lion Guard has been renewed for a second season. Yay. The Lion Guard must be doing fairly well.

Looking forward to the new episode tomorrow, especially after two weeks without a new episode.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah! It seems we'll have TLG for a looong time I can't wait to see tomorrow's episode either!

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if the Lion Guard thing at AK will be extended. Or at least leave the figures up for a while. That would be fabulous.

I keep seeing my friends on Facebook posting how much their kids love TLG. And I'm just sitting there like... I do not have offspring, but yes. :P

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    I keep seeing my friends on Facebook posting how much their kids love TLG. And I'm just sitting there like... I do not have offspring, but yes. :P
    Haha. When I saw my nephew (who is six years ago) last Christmas, I showed him The Lion Guard Pilot and The Rise of Makuu episode, and he liked TLG. I'll be going to Oregon for my Spring Break next week to visit my family, and I'll be showing him more episodes. I even bought him a TLG boys shirt at the Disney Store. Gonna give it to him just as a random little surprise gift. I hope he likes it.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw the first episode in Dutch yesterday.
    Disney Jr Belgium/Holland is messing things up good.
    For 4 days in a row, 3 times a day, they are showing the first episode
    So I wonder when the rest is going to come, because I need to go over to Kenny's to set the HDrecorder, lol.

Some fun facts:
    - Timon & Pumbaa: same Flemish voices as always (I was very pleased to hear that, immidiatly went to their FB pages, haha!)
    - Bunga: since he's being raised by Timon & Pumbaa, they gave him a Flemish voice aswell, which I think was a good thing
    - Rafiki: same voice as always
    - Kion is being pronounced in a very strange way "Kaaaaaaien (Ka-yen)" kind of way, it's terrible
    - Kiara is being pronounced in English, which sounds terrible when you hear a full Dutch phrase, and then they say her name the English way, instead of just saying it the Dutch way, which really isn't that different, apart from that we actually pronounce the R (rrrrrr)

I wanna say Simba is the same voice aswell like it always has been, but I'm not 100 % sure.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to say that The Lion Guard will air in Malaysia on April, thanks to Disney Junior.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I managed to see the complete "movie" just now, I taped it 12 friggin' times haha
    Provider decided to mess things up, and added none of the 12 recordings to the recorded list

My previous post was from when I was at my parents, quickly recorced a viewing, and saw bits and pieces, lol.

So, now that I've seen the entire 40 minutes ...
    I think it's a nice blend of Flemish and Dutch voices.
    It did surprise me. Most hyena's (including Janja) are Flemish = outsiders.
    The volture is Flemish too = outsiders.
    And they speak in a regular accent, which I really like, they didn't gave a dopey Flemish accent to the dopey hyena, lol.

I've set the recorder to yet another 9 recordings I believe.
    6 or the first episode, 3 once again the movie.

Thank God, thanks to facebook, I managed to contact the provider, and they recovered all missing 12 episodes!
    I wasn't very interested in this when I found out about it, but I have so little to live for right now, haha, that I *am* taking an interest in watching this.
    Must admit though, have not yet seen any English episode either

Also: When Kion gets his mark ... couldn't that have been just a tad more spectacular?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Sarger
    My initial problem with ROTR was because it was advertised as a movie in the first place, as soon as I got over the fact that it's not a movie I was perfectly fine with it.

It's 44 minutes long, which barely classifies as a film in the first place, and yet for some reason was advertised as a film. There are so many pacing issues in the opener that would have been solved by splitting the 'film' into two parts and fitting it in with the TV series. It just confuses people, myself included. Doing this would also remove any pacing issues I had.

Once I started to watch the TV series my pacing issues went away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think it was only 44 minutes because of the target audience. Most Disney Junior "movies" aren't feature length at all.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.