Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Lion Guard (2015)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is exciting Very much looking forward to this episode!

...where is Zira's stripe though? =o

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know, right? What's with the new stripe-less design? >< But at least Vitani looks pretty much the same, hopefully Nuka and especially Kovu will as well.

Now this is the part that I'm most intrigued about:
    Attachment 909

The Outlanders' backstory wasn't properly explained in TLK2, but rather through the first dialogue between Simba and Zira. Now it seems that Rafiki has all that backstory in his cave paintings and will tell the Lion Guard about it (there's Zira with Scar on Pride Rock!). So perhaps we'll learn a few new details there, I can't wait to see

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The missing stripe troubled me too. I'm curious if they simply forgot it, or just left it out intentionally.

And I'm also hoping there will be explanations about the wall painting. The part of the painting that I question the most is the one where Scar is surrounded by two lionesses ( I think?).
    Ugh it feels like the 11th of November is too far away, I really can't wait for this episode!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It'd be very cool if they actually decided to fill that hole in the canon. This ought to be interesting

So many fanfiction writers will lose their minds if TLG does explain a backstory that doesn't line up with their ideas though... xP

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am so annoyed with this series on Belgian/Holland Disney Channel

Ever since March they started to show them, but at the end of May they had only showed 8 episodes so far.
    I've been taping it ever since, and it comes on like 3-4 times a day, and I'm taping them all, just in case ...
    But ever since May, they haven't showed a new espisode yet, they just keep showing re-runs of the first 8 ones *sigh*
    Already asked on their fb page when there will be newer ones, but no reply.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaaand we have another preview from the upcoming episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71jxrYNduIE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaaaahh!!!!!! now I'm even more excited!!

Whoa! Zira seems to have an interest in Kion's power.... this will be good

Here's also a little Behind the scenes featurette with the voices of Nuka and Vitani

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oooh, the hype! The hyyype

-----

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Gah, I'm even more excited after watching these videos! Friday can't come soon enough! I'm glad to see Jasiri again too.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    Gah, I'm even more excited after watching these videos! Friday can't come soon enough! I'm glad to see Jasiri again too.

Yeah yeah yeah, Nuka, Vitani, blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Look, they are bringing Jasiri back finally!

I have a sneaking suspicion it's for the last time, Zira usually supercedes hyenas in TLKverse no matter how you dice it, but let's just prioritize for a moment and appreciate one of the best new contributions to TLKland.

*swishes a fine wine*

OK, so maybe not all that, but seriously I never really liked Vitani or Nuka. If they send off Jasiri at least she made the entire TLG series worth it for me. xD
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Jut wanted to let you guys know, "Lion of the Outlands" is not available to watch yet on Kiss Cartoon, but to my surprise, it is available to watch on the Watch Disney Junior website, free to watch. You don't need to sign in with your cable provider to watch it. (Which is usually the case with newest episodes) I'm going to wait to watch it until our room mate comes home so we can all watch it together. But I'm glad to know it's available to watch for free, because sometimes it takes a day or two for the newest episode to be uploaded to Kiss Cartoon.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We're finally all caught up so I can finally read this thread again and post here, haha. We watched the episode with Zira etc last night. I enjoyed it, Zira's song was fitting. There is no one that they can write Jasiri out of TLG, she has to be way too popular for that. It was interesting seeing the old characters rehashed in such a manner, though it was tough to get over the different voice actors and animation. Pat and I were both disappointed that there wasn't a cool Vitani/Fuli fight when Fuli pounced.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the roar creating rain, although it has some continuity from Scar's reign when the Pridelands went into a drought and he wasn't able to do anything to fix it, there was no Lion Guard to bring back the rain. There was just "balance restored" rain, hehe.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am so happy and so Excited....Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'll be totally honest, after all of that posting and all I've been a punk and still haven't watched it. xD I am so many months late, such a bad fan lol.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe you of all people hasn't watched the new Jasiri episode
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well of course I saw that episode the first day it was released. I just haven't mentioned about it here yet. Maybe we should make a thread to talk about the latest episodes. (Like we've done with other episodes)

I just wanted to let people know, the next episode, "The Trail to Udugu" will air January 13th.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah yes, we should talk about the remaining episodes we haven't reviewed yet. I already said I would in the chatbox, but I haben't got around to it. I'll watch them again to refresh my memory first xD

Wow, January 13 is still a full month away. This first season surely lasted almost a whole year (there's supposedly only 2 episodes left in the season) I hope season 2 doesn't take too long to start after this. I also kinda hoped the last 2 episodes would be a 2-parter like in most other series, but seems that it won't be the case here. Maybe for next season, who knows xP

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, there's an early concept version of the Zuka Zama song! Apparently this version was written before Beau Black joined in.
    It's written by Michael Kooman and Chris Dimond and performed by Sergi Robles as Bunga.

Zuka Zama (Disney Pilot Concept)
    It's pretty much entirely different than the final version, with a different beat and all, but I think it's still pretty good

Also, I decided to finally get into writing about those remaining TLG episodes from where we left off. It's been kinda quiet around here lately, and since the next TLG episode is until February 24th, I thought it'd give us something to talk about while we wait.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for sharing, that's an awesome find, Leor! Where did you get the information about the writers from?

I find the lyrics very interesting. Especially the fact that Bunga sings "join the lion's guard". A slightly semantic difference and an interesting one!

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got this from the The Lion Guard Wiki page, on my Twitter feed. You can also check out the lyrics here
    http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Zuka...?useskin=oasis

- Hamlet