• Episode Six: Return of the Jedi

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Talk Star Wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All Talk Star Wars.

Alright folks, lately I read a lot of Star Wars related thread in the "GREAT KING OF THE PAST" including the mini RP we had, I guess we all should share the love in all related star wars thread.

I have 3 question:

What do you think about Original Trilogy?

What do you think about the Prequel?

and

What do you think about the new 3 episode for Star Wars VII, VIII and IX?

No we won't do any RP this time but want to share your view on Lucasfilm property.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My view that I'm glad they making a new trilogy for Star Wars, especially when Disney takeover on Lucasfilm for the upcoming sequel, I heard a good cast and of course JJ Abrams is making the sequel.

The only downside of the whole excitement is All of the Extended Universe material are absolute and no longer canon in the timeline. It kinda sad that all the hard work that the artists and writer are water down over a sequel.

There you go, my opinion about it, no Kyle Katarn, no Anakin Solo, No Darth Caedus.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16...gy-to-be-rele/

Good news folks, Disney will be release unaltered cut of Star Wars original trilogy. This would be cool, good and awesome to all the first generation of Star Wars Hardcore fans.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had to embed two videos on this thread so here it is.

Star Wars Force Awakens Episode VII second teaser trailer.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I didn't put another footage yesterday.

I just want to let you guys knows that there's going to be Star Wars Battlefront for 2015.

I can't wait to watch the new movie and to play the game.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't even say​, I know I don't really care for the newer ones that much. But from 3 original ones I can't really pick which one is the best. They all have their own charm.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True, but I already added multiple choices to vote your favorite Star Wars movie. I should add as the seven options: "All of 'em"

I picked the original trilogy any day, because I have a fond memory watching it during midterm holiday 10 years ago. Man there's a lot of memories with that month and the released of Revenge of the Sith.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I voted for Empire Strikes Back purely because I absolutely LOVE the AT-AT walkers. They scared the bejesus outta me when I was a tot, but they also fit nicely into my childhood obsession with robots/Transformers - even back then, I was contemplating cross-overs. I mean, an AT-AT Decepticon? Gah, when I get my Muses back, I gotta draw that!

But I digress.

What do you think about Original Trilogy?

Love 'em! First sci-fi movie I ever saw (that I remember).

What do you think about the Prequel?

...no comment.

What do you think about the new 3 episode for Star Wars VII, VIII and IX?

I don't know how I feel about the new Star Wars trilogy. Part of me is hopeful, but I was also hopeful with the prequels too and I'm really really not a fan of those (though, I admit that I am a trilogy purist, so there's a definite bias here).

I'm also still a bit blinded by JJ Abrams' obsession with lens flares during Star Trek so.....

Though, since learning the BB-8 droid is actually a practical effect (kudos, movie makers, for not relying on CGI for EVERYTHING), I might have to see 'em purely so I can play the "What's CGI? What's Practical?" game. Worst comes to worst, I can always headcanon the new movies into an Alternate Universe.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I just watched Episode 6 for the first time in 6 month, I honestly cried watching the whole Endor moon scene and the battle of Endor. After watching the whole Battle of Endor scene and done some research from the internet and the script I realized how clever George craft the back line of the whole battle. I don't think I realized back then 10 years ago because all I care on that time was a good movie.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Original trilogy is awesome and always will be. As a kid, I never liked Yoda because he was boring, and all his scenes were long and boring, for that reason Empire Strikes Back was my least favourite when I was young and I think my favourite was Return of the Jedi. Now I can't really choose between the three, they all have things that I love.

I'm not a fan of the prequels, teenage Anakin is probably the worst actor in the entire series (in my opinion) and I cannot get past that aspect of the prequels. I also dislike all the heavy CGI effects for all the space scenes etc, it just doesn't have the right feel to it compared to the original movies.

As for the coming movie, I have high hopes for it. Who knows what it's going to be like, but I anticipate that it will be much better done and well received than the prequels. Looking forward to seeing it next month
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello folks, what do you think about the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens? discuss it here.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a brief summing up, I really enjoyed The Force Awakens, was a great movie. There wasn't really anything that stood out to me as particularly bad. There were a few moments that bugged me, but you get that with any movie. I've enclosed what I thought about particular aspects of the movie in the spoiler button below.

So I did love it, it was so exciting sitting in the cinema and having the opening music blast out with the words "Star Wars" appearing on the screen. I would love to see it again to be able to digest a little more of it, because there's quite a lot of hints and subtle suggestions at things that aren't explained, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how the story develops

Star Wars, woohoo!
    That which you manifest is before you.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got in from seeing it. I honestly can't tell if I like it (as a Star Wars flick) or not.
    I think I'll have to re-watch it another 2-3 times before I decide.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The last movie I watched was Jurassic World. I really enjoyed it and it felt much like the first part. And finally, I'm getting what Dare's current avatar is pointing at XD

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I might have a different opinion than most of the population, but I actually just thought the Star Wars movie was meh. It kind of reminded me of Jurassic World in a lot of ways, mostly because it spent a lot of time giving nods to the original movie/franchise rather than breaking any kind of new ground. Like Jurassic World, I think it's making bank because it's cashing in on the world's nostalgia for the original films. I mean, Star Wars is like the original fandom and is MASSIVE...so any new addition to the franchise is going to make a ton of money.

As a movie, it was fine. Pretty standard Hollywood epic. As a Star Wars movie, I dunno...I mean, it felt more like a Star Wars movie than episodes II and III, so I liked it better than those. But it definitely lacked something, I just can't put my finger on what. I'm not saying it was a bad movie...but I just saw it on Christmas Day and have already forgotten most of what happened. And can't remember anyone's name except for Finn and Po. I dunno, maybe it just had too much hype for me to appreciate that it wasn't awful like everyone feared it would be before it came out. I'm also not much of a Star Wars fan to begin with, so I could just be a harder sell. ^^;

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe this is deserved to post here.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've watched "A New Hope" not so long ago (silver screen edition - a scan of 35mm film).
    I havent seen it since I was a child... and even then I don't think I saw the entire movie at once - I saw part of the movie on VHS and the other part later in the TV. Why? Because even though I'm a big fan of fantasy and sci-fi movies and books this franchise was never really appealing to me.
    Special effects aren't holding up as well as those in "A Space Odyssey". The story isn't that great either. The music, visual design and acting (excluding Princess Leia) are strong parts of the movie for sure.
    I never was a big fan of Star Wars and my opinion hasn't changed. It's an overrated (but okay, there were some cool moments) samurai space wester/fantasy movie. I understand why there's hype, but the movie wasn't that revolutionary even back in 1977.
    tl;dr 6,5/10

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Carrie Fisher.

This is just too sad

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ...I know she's gone way too soon.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was and am still very saddened by the news of Carrie Fisher. I am a huge fan of Star Wars and always will be. She will be missed greatly by millions of fans around the world. To hear her mother passed away less than 24 hours later just made the heartbreak even worse. Reading most of the statements left by their loved ones and costars brought even more tears to my eyes. May they rest in peace.

May the Force be with them.
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rest in Peace Mrs Carrie Fisher and May God and Force be with you and your mother.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group