Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: TLK 20th Anniversary Collab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh wow, that was fast! You did a beautiful job Kanu on the background and shading, amazing! So glad to be apart of this. Everyone did an amazing job!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, wow! It looks absolutely incredible! You did a stunning job on the background Kanu. I can't believe it's all come together, you'd almost think that we'd planned it out it works so perfectly! So awesome
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm using it as my desktop... So awesome looking! Yay!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoooa!! Seriously Kanu, what an amazing job you did there! all from the lighting to the blurring in the background, and the character positioning (It looks as if we all had agreed on the character positions previously ) Thanks a lot for organizing this, I LOVE the result

Also, sorry for missing on saying this before, but great job with Nala, Audra, she looks very cute

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks amazing! You did a great job with the background, and all the characters are placed perfectly. Great job Kanu and great job everyone! It's been a pleasure.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the comments on Nala guys. There's a couple little things that bother me a little bit about the way I drew her, (and of course I didn't really notice it until I colored her) but for the most part I am fairly happy with her. I like how I did her eyes...

Kanu, are you eventually planning to post the final picture on your Deviantart account? Just when I do post my characters on my TLKFAA account, I want to link to the final picture with descriptions of who drew each character. No rush or anything, but I'm curious. I am sure that is what you are planning on doing though.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys, I'm glad you like the final result! It's as much your efforts as mine I've been on such an art kick over the last couple of days, so finishing this felt surprisingly easy... xD

And Audra, yes, I'm planning to post it on dA shortly. I'm mainly debating how many watermarks to put on it, because it feels like something that might start circulating around and I remember when someone had taken the 15th anniversary collab and sold it as a cake print on eBay... But I don't want to make it look not-pretty either, so I have a bit of a dilemma there. The most important thing is that you guys can see and access the "proper" version though, since you took part in making it, hehe.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Of course, of course. With how good this looks, it would be a good idea to watermark it... If anyone should make this into a cake, we should. Oh the things we find on ebay, haha. I've definitely seen TLK fanart being used on different items on ebay.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah yes, I remember that cake print Surely this new collab looks tempting as well for stealing. But yes, I agree that it would look great on a cake... OUR cake xD
    This gets me thinking that I should watermark my characters too, yeah, I'll go do that xP

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Great work, Kanu. I love the background and shading. Everything looks cohesive, it all fits together.

I'm still interesting in making a new theme that incorporates the artwork into the header, as I mentioned before. I don't suppose you could adapt what you already have into a header that is no more than, say, 400px high by 1920px wide? I was playing with a 20th anniversary header last month which used the entire browser width, and I've attached it here. Maybe you could do something similar. Not to create extra work for you, of course, but there'd be the side benefit that we could all see the collaboration every time we log in to the site.

20th_title.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That came out awesome!

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aw, it came out awesome! Sad I missed the boat on this one, great job everyone!

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aww it would have been great if you had joined us, but it won't be the only collab art we'll be doing, I'm sure, and we can still do art secret santas, those never get old

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kanu, that's really amazing work!
    I totally second what the others said. You did a wonderful job with putting everything together and I also love the background. It's so great to see how all fits perfectly.

Yeah, I could imagine this on a Lea birthday cake as well. *gg*

Again, great work everyone! Maybe Vidan and Kanu really work something out for our banner. Would be a great opportunity

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Aww it would have been great if you had joined us, but it won't be the only collab art we'll be doing, I'm sure, and we can still do art secret santas, those never get old
    Good reminding! I will organise the Christmas one shortly
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kanu,you really did a fantastic work putting the pieces together!The background is very neatly done and detailed and beautifully blends with the characters.
    Indeed it seems like the poses were planned out,it is a pleasant surprise how well they all fit together.
    Great work everyone!I'm truly happy I got the chance to participate in this beautiful collab.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy crap, lookit it! That's awesome! This was planned out before everyone drew? Because it seriously is tapping into a hive mind if it wasn't, that's downright freakish if that's how it just happened to turn out.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks again, all ^^

And it is just how it happened to turn out, CGW The only deliberate choice was to make Mufasa fit with Sarabi, I think. And I knew I wanted to have Scar glaring at Simba, but otherwise there was no plan for the layout. Though perhaps we all subconsciously decided on fitting poses as we started to see how other characters were drawn :P

I'll work on that header, Vidan! Give me a day or so and I should have it ready for you :3

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well you did place Nala where I was thinking of placing her, that's what I had in mind, her glancing up at her mother. Even though I knew you might do something else with her, but you got what I was going after. But I was able to do that because Nala was the last character that needed to be drawn.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sounds great. I look forward to it. Thanks.