Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Month: June (Activity)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Month: June/July (Activity)

And this monthly thread has returned, most importantly, it's June now.

What's your plan for June this year? especially with Early Summer are on the horizon?

I have a few, My doctor's appointment on Monday 2nd of June.

And tomorrow I going to join a yearly music competition and I have a lot of beats and songs under my sleeve *roll up sleeve* so hopefully I will please the judge tomorrow.

How about you guys? any cool stuff happen next month?
    Last edited by Guntur; July 16th, 2014 at 09:50 AM.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    June 7th: street BBQ, only people from our street are invited, kind of like "get to know your neighbours" but with all the stuff going on here, I don't really want to know them, haha.
    But Kenny wants to go and be a good neigbour, lol.
    We did went last year aswell, it's right in front of our door, and the food was really good.

June 9th: holiday, no work!

June 16th - 23rd: Sarah visiting from the UK! And going to Disneyland Paris together for 3 days.
    Also meaning, I have 6 days off from work.
    Also visiting Brussels, Antwerp and some forts nearby, as she is into war-stuff.

June 28th: family BBQ from Kenny's grandma

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, your life isn't boring after all, You have a lot of stuff going on in June.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    For a change that is

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, seriously Nathalie, I think you win the prize this month! (Unless KS & Leor go on *another* vacation, LOL)

I'm not doing much. I volunteer with the local park system, so that will keep me busy for a few hours 3 out of 4 Saturdays and that's pretty much it. Other than that I'm bumming.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    (Unless KS & Leor go on *another* vacation, LOL)
    LOL, I had to laugh on this one.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lemme tell you this then: none of it is relaxing

Even though it'll be nice to have a week off from work, and having someone to visit, do stuff etc... it's going to be super busy o_O

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they're done with your kitchen by then. I'm sure when its done it's gonna be so much better cuz I know you said it was small, but ugh having all that chaos and contruction people constantly all over around the house sucks & gets old real fast. Hope that project is all done before your friend gets there.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Construction people? What construction people ??

It's just my boyfriend and his dad

This is going to be for at least 6 months. The floor is gone now too since this morning.
    Boyfriend is doing it all on his own, because he can, and it saves a lot money, which he needs for a nice kitchen

None of my money is being put into the kitchen / living room, which we agreed on, and I knew in advance it was going to take at least that long, so I can't complain really.

It'll be alright.
    I lived in a dumpster really with my last ex, and the living room is now upstairs in the extra bedroom, and the kitchen is now in the future bathroom.
    The only problems I have with it is that the rooms are too small to be in for a long period of time, so it's good I got a job now.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't think I've got much on this month.

Only new thing is that starting this month I'm doing some paid bird surveys. Which is pretty awesome, it's only one survey every two or three months (because it's being shared with a few people), but it's still paid birding. Not gonna complain.

Otherwise, just work stuff, Birds SA meetings etc. The usual, will probably head out for another day trip or two to find a few more year birds and do some more photography. After my day out yesterday I picked up six, and am on 171. Not even halfway through the year, which is great. Last year I only made 202. Still, it'll start getting harder to pick up other species soon. I'm still missing a few easy ones that I'll get in spring, but that's a few months away yet. Got some nice photos yesterday too.

The only other thing is that my friend is holding an Australia Day in June party (kinda like Christmas in July I guess). So that will be a bit of silly fun.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool that you're back in Australia, I will probably call you if I'm there.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My June is a happy time.

June 5: Last day of school

June 6: Summer break!

June 7: Friend's wedding

June 10-17: WDW! Kidani Village yay!

June 24: TLK's 20th Anniversary. I'm trying to get an appointment to get another tattoo on this day, but we'll see.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have tickets for four of the five matches of FIFA world cup that will happen here in Recife, but i hope things get under control there because I don't want to be injured because few people that are rioting.

All Mondays I go to cinema watch latest movies.

Well, that's the only I have set for this month .

Enviado de meu XT687 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've got a couple more things to do here before I go to my parents' house for summer.

Tuesday the 3rd I'm having my first meeting with the "LARM committee". LARM is an event that my student union arranges in February every year, where lots of businesses are invited to meet the students of technology at my university. Usually they get around 150 companies for the exhibition and it's one of the biggest annual events hosted by the union. I've been given the role of Art Director for LARM, which means I am responsible for everything graphics- and print-related. It's a pretty big job, but pretty exciting too. And it'll be the first time I'm in charge of something this important, so it shall be very interesting to see how it goes xP

Then on the 4th I'm meeting with the student union marketing group that I've been working with this past year, to say our "good byes" and such. I'll be seeing several of them again next semester, but it's still nice to have a proper "finish" with the group, so I'm looking forward to that as well, hehe.

Then after that I'll be going to my parents'. I don't know exactly what day yet, but it'll be sometime by the end of next week probably.

And on the 26th I'll be back in this area again to go to Bråvalla music festival with my brother. It's one of Sweden's biggest festivals and we're gonna see Iron Maiden

And in between all that I might be taking on some commissions again. I need all the money I can get during the summer months when I don't get any study grants... xD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having a Trash Food Challenge with my brother and sister for one month. Meaning we basically can't eat anything unhealthy for the whole month, or the loser has to pay up 100€. Basically means no pizza, soda, cakes, cookies, sweets, chips... we have a long list of all the forbidden stuffs.

Also, I'm still waiting for a response from a job interview I had a couple of weeks ago. The position would be an Algorithm Designer within a 6-month-project on cancer treatment by proton radiation, in a company called Varian Medical. So if I land that job, I guess that also becomes part of my agenda for June. Otherwise it might be another quite boring summer for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My guitar company has a pre-launch presence at the Ohio Guitar Show this coming weekend, and then the big launch will be at NAMM Summer 2014 expo in Nashville (in July, but lotsa prep in between). I also have some research data to collect, so I'll be out on the lakes in between all that. Going to be a busy June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pntbll248 View Post
    My guitar company has a pre-launch presence at the Ohio Guitar Show this coming weekend, and then the big launch will be at NAMM Summer 2014 expo in Nashville (in July, but lotsa prep in between). I also have some research data to collect, so I'll be out on the lakes in between all that. Going to be a busy June.
    I would love to join the event in Ohio and Nashville. Especially if it's related to music and instrument.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    (Unless KS & Leor go on *another* vacation, LOL)
    We wish that actually made me chuckle.

Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to KS last Sunday. I couldn't take her to El Paso because I had to attend to a special dentistry course that day, and there was really no way to skip it. But my parents helped us out and drove her there in my place. We ended up saying goodbye here at my home

Oh well, other than that I'll dedicate this month to make myself more public as to attract more patients my way, as well as keeping up with my current social service at the Central Hospital.
    On the last weekend of June (27th, 28th, and 29th) I'll have my next session of the course I'm taking, which focuses on TMJ (pain in the jaw joints) and head/neck pain. I'll need a patient with migraine and make a clinical case about it, so I better start looking xP

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, only 4 days into June and I'm already completely exhausted I've been trying to save up my annual leave at work (since it I blew all of it last October before Pat left), but I think it's getting to the point where I do need to take a week off or I'm just going to run myself into the ground. Might have to book some in for August I think, still a couple months away, but all of June and most of July is already rostered, so it's simply easier if I book it later.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    And on the 26th I'll be back in this area again to go to Bråvalla music festival with my brother. It's one of Sweden's biggest festivals and we're gonna see Iron Maiden
    Scream for me Bråvalla.... SCREAM FOR ME

Okay now I'm seeing mental picture of Scar is singing like Bruce Dickinson.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group