Alright, so Big Hero 6 won the Oscar after all!

I would lie if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed (I think HTTYD2 deserved it more), but I have to admit maybe I was a bit too judgemental the first time I saw it. Maybe the Spanish dub being so annoying influenced somehow, I don't know. But I did like all the good aspects of this film, especially the production design, visually it's very beautiful. I liked how they portrayed Hiro's depression and anger after losing his brother, that was really touching. And that thing I said about the villain... Well, I guess the same can be said about Drago in HTTYD2, but it's true that at least they both had a big motivation. I wish I had seen it in that light the first time around ><.

I still didn't feel it was the best animated film of the year, but I didn't hate it, I do think it was a good film. I still applaud the creators' work on it and congratulate them for their win.
Still, I would really love if the Academy could give a chance to non-Disney/Dreamworks movies. I haven't seen Song of the Sea or The Tale of Princess Kaguya, but I would have been both surprised and pleased if any of those had won