Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your TLK merchandise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    I just got back - here are the pics as promised:

Here's my whole display case with me in front, all the big plushies are looking down on you!

A better look at the top two shelves

The main part of the collection, smaller plushes on the bottom and TLKOB stuff and figurines on the first shelf, in the lower right corner I put my TLK skybox I trading card set that you can't see in the pic.

Yes, that is a TLK bowling ball in the bottom left corner!

Top right, lithos, large books (can you see the TLK 6 New Adventures box set?) nesting dolls and a signed movie script

More books, lithos, ornaments, snowglobes and music boxes, and yes a very cool TLK gumball machine!

A closer-up view of the whole case

I have about 30 TLK and TLKOB shirts and I was only able to display 2 of them unfortunately, but it would have been pretty hard even if I did have room to display more stuff, most of my TLK books were sent back home as did about half of the lithos and some of the bigger things like puzzle boxes, games, but I'm very happy with the way it looks now.

Fair starts September 8th, can't wait to make some visits and get the chance to talk to people about my collection!

=O How...? Where...? Do you have all the Lion King stuff in the world?!?!?!?! Lolz. Wonderful collection, truly wonderful! *envies you*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sutch a nice Display of TLK stuff there

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is that a foreign "Simba's Pride" CD I see? Or a VCD?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, just wow...you sure got some neat stuff there Tim! Puts my collection to shame xP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that's an awesome collection!!! i wish i had some of that stuff x)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    Is that a foreign "Simba's Pride" CD I see? Or a VCD?
    First off thanks so much for the compliments everyone, much appreciated.

To answer Nathalie's question - that is the TLK II: Simba's Pride and TLK 3: Hakuna Matata in Mandarin Chinese I bought when I was visiting my mom in Beijing, China on vacation (before seeing the Lion King musical in Shanghai)

They are VCDs, but the quality is surprisingly very, very good (almost DVD quality) because the ones in the store were licensed by Disney and not cheap copies. I couldn't buy DVD's because I'm in region 1 and Asia is region 6 so there would be compatibility issues with DVD players in the U.S.A.

I really wanted to find the original TLK movie VCD but I couldn't find in any of the stores I visited in China.

Here's a short bio in case you were wondering how this came about:

I really only started collecting TLK in winter of 2003. I wasn't crazy at all about the movie when it came out in 1994, but upon rewatching the film to do a English term paper it connected with me in that really strong way (probably due to the events surrounding my life at the time) as I'm sure it did to most of you, and soon I had to have EVERYTHING TLK-related. It started innocently enough, a few plushes, lithographs, poster and a few oddities that I'd see at garage sales and thrift stores, and then I got addicted. I'd say about 80-90% of the items I have in my collection have been purchased through Ebay, and when you're using your bank account instead of real money to purchase everything it's easy to get out of control and that's kind of what happened.

Fortunately for me, I've been very lucky to have a good job and also won money on a game show which financed a lot of my TLK collection.

I've toned it down quite a bit since last year, and I've focused my collection on Lion King on Broadway merchandise and the rare or limited edition TLK film collectibles, but I still am watching my bankroll and will only bid on something if it's a good deal. By my estimation I've spent between $3,000 and $3,500 on my TLK collection so far.

It's important to note that my collection is not for personal gain, profit, or fame or anything like that. People ask me... "so are you planning to resell your stuff later and make money?" I'm not thinking about that at all, it's just that I want everyone to remember this film as animation's greatest achievement, that its themes, characters, music and all the collaborative efforts that worked together to make this incredible film that has really moved people. Same goes with the Broadway musical, it's now been seen in nine different countries because the themes are truly cross-cultural and exist everywhere and can be appreciated by everyone and that's what makes TLK so great.

If anything by displaying my collection at the fair I hope to meet some other TLK fans that live in the area that write me a note after seeing my collection.

It's really great to see all of you building your TLK collections, no matter how big or small it's the heart that counts, and I hope one day everyone has a TLK collection that they will be proud of and that they can share with their family and friends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's a question... What are all of us going to do with our collections when we are no longer here to enjoy them? I have two things I'd like done. 1) I want it donated to a toy/Disneyana/collectible museum. 2) If a museum doesn't want it, give it to people that do.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometime I'll get a big glass box and put my things in there, but then it has to be such a big box, I don't know if someone sells that >.o Else I'll build a new room and have the things in there. This far it takes a whole room, or *counts*10 cardboard boxes since all my TLK things are packed down now when I moved from home. I miss my room ^^ I have pics here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/aaaa/

But that's before I bought the bird, so in the end the TV was in front of the window again and the keyboard gone for a while ... I'll load up those pics later, I still have them in the camera ^^

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    Here's a question... What are all of us going to do with our collections when we are no longer here to enjoy them? I have two things I'd like done. 1) I want it donated to a toy/Disneyana/collectible museum. 2) If a museum doesn't want it, give it to people that do.
    In my grave.

Seriously.

I told Zaya that today aswell, it came up for some reason.
    No one *ever* touches my TLK stuff ... Not even Bart, 'cause he knows that'd be suicide. Haha.

My stuff is holy to me, and it might sound so strange or so stupid, but it is.
    If there is 1 thing I'd never give away, it'd be my TLK stuff.

They can have my guitar, my bass ... but not my TLK stuff.

@ Tim ... oh ... I'd kill to have those aswell, haha
    I spotted those VCD's on ebay sometimes, but it's hard getting them, some don't speak English, some don't sell overseas, money currency, etc ...

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When we all are dying, we'll give our things to the biggest museum in the whole world, and every little thing that had ever been made will be there at the end, so the next generations can come and look at it and remember the assome movie!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of making a thread for this kind of thing but I wanted to let everyone know that there are a couple sets of TLK: 6NA on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-LION-KING-SI...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-LION-KING-SI...QQcmdZViewItem

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    In my grave.

Seriously.

I told Zaya that today aswell, it came up for some reason.
    No one *ever* touches my TLK stuff ... Not even Bart, 'cause he knows that'd be suicide. Haha.

My stuff is holy to me, and it might sound so strange or so stupid, but it is.
    If there is 1 thing I'd never give away, it'd be my TLK stuff.

They can have my guitar, my bass ... but not my TLK stuff.

@ Tim ... oh ... I'd kill to have those aswell, haha
    I spotted those VCD's on ebay sometimes, but it's hard getting them, some don't speak English, some don't sell overseas, money currency, etc ...
    can i have your bass

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    no ^_^

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've got The Lion King Super NES Game.
    http://www.nintendocity.com/pictures...s/lionking.jpg

Simba Soap
    http://www.dollardays.com/images/c78...soap-22133.jpg

A few mini-TLK plushies.

These Simba and Nala stuffed animals from a New York Disney Store.
    A huge Pumbaa doll.....TLK soundtracks....A TLK wet-wipe box...o.0

I wanted this huge 7 foot Smba they were selling at the disney store for 100$ here in Missouri..but by the time my mom would get it for me it was gone.

Swines stole it first.

Does anybody have a Kovu/Kiara stuffed animal set, where their nose magnetize? I only saw those out for one day and wondered if anybody grabbed em'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    Does anybody have a Kovu/Kiara stuffed animal set, where their nose magnetize? I only saw those out for one day and wondered if anybody grabbed em'.
    Yea I got 'em Or one, the others I have no clue about

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lucky...

I buy them from you for a buhjuhzillion staples.

j/k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    mmmokey You gimme that staples first

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've got a set of the Kovu/Kiara cubs too. I like to stick them all to the fridge. Look what I just got.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140025237587

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    I have that set! I love 'em, they're so cute!

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ciara
    mmmokey You gimme that staples first
    But these staples are a priceless steinway!!

&Has : Wow...those are so awesome..I want the muffertots ones.....((eats brats and beans off em'))..that lasted.....

Dude, Raruka..all of you, where do you get these things!? I only saw them for 5 seconds before they vanished into the underworld.....where do you people live?

:vitgrr: