Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you play an instrument?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is there any song, that you could play on a instrument, of which you were proud you could play it?

I was sooooo happy when I could play "The River" from the beginning till the end, without looking at my fingers

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Double Post!

recorder means something different here

a recorder is a thing you need to record stuff, haha
    Yeah, it's confusing...I hafta explain that it's a musical instrument, not an electronic device >.<

Is there any song, that you could play on a instrument, of which you were proud you could play it?
    "My Lullaby" from LK2 on my trombone, and "Valley of the Fallen Star" from FF7 on my Recorder

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    whaha, first time I played "do re mi" from The sound of Music on my mom's keyboard.

I figured it out all by myself, haha, at the end, it was so easy to found out the notes.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to play Violin but I quit when I got into High School mainly because my friend quit. I had been playing for 3 years...

EDIT: When I was in infant school I used to play the recorder too. (Still got it dumped in the cupboard somewhere.)

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    I had most of Creston's Fantasy for Trombone down my third year in college, but the next semester I switched to bass trombone. I would liked to have performed the piece. Oh well, there's always next time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We should all come together 1 day with all our "musical stuf",

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im Swering that i will learn to play Elton jhons circle of life on Keybored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to play the trumpet in Ele. Band but I probably forgot now... I also have a viola which I never learned how to play and I probably never will... I have a keyboard that I never use to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    music?... well let's see... I started in forth grade.... playing the drums... but I never finished the class... the band teacher at first decared me to be perfect for 'woodwind intruments'.. I kept up on the drums though... however, the band teatcher did NOT like me at all... halfway through the year he called me down to his office and threw me out of band saying (I should say 'yelling') "You are gone! OUT OF HERE!! You'll never be able to touch another intrument in your life if I have anything to say about it!" (I never was able to jion another band because of this guy)

so at home I taught myself how to play drums... (which the band teacher hated, up until he was fired, at which time I was dubbed 'too old to learn to play in band') eventually, drums got old and I tought myself the recorder, which moved to the carinet, then I tried 'piano'.. and found out I am NOT a piano-person... so I moved on to a few others... now I'm mostly playing the 'ocarina'...

so much for those teachers saying that I'll never be able to play any intruments...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man that is so on far !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yikes, A-non-a-mus. Everyone should be given the chance to move around before picking an instrument that they enjoy and excel at, or, if there's a particular instrument they want to play, they should be able to do that.

There's always the fear among band teachers that too many people will pick the same instrument, but after awhile some of the kids who picked the 'popular' instruments will gravitate toward the less common ones out of curiosity and the want to play something unique.

Some of my old high school classmates are professional musicians and they weren't even in band. If you want it and have the means, you can achieve it. :noogie:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In 4th grade I played the harmonica (or however you spell it), a recorder, and played a violin in 5th grade. It was a class thing, didn't really have a choice but to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i play guitar here n there, i havent got that good at it yet tho >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's it, I'm going to start taking bass lessons. I hate how my parents didn't take me to an instructor this summer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well lets see, Baritone is my main insterment. For jazz i play trombone. And when i have to go to strings i can play stand up bass.

I can also play about 8 others but no where as well as the others listed above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    we dont spesified teatchers in band lesoons.....that kind of bothers me....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I put in a slip to have guitar lessons at school about three years ago. They still haven't got back to me. Yeah, that teacher didn't like me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had a private teacher for my guitar + bass.

I really need to go back, haven't seen him for 2 years, and my guitar really needs to be tuned, haha ...

Luckely, when I sing a long, you don't really notice that

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    kind of imerasing to say but....:Perks: i like sining thoge i dont have mush to a voice.......
    but want can i do abut that hu?
    thats right nothing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I enjoy singing too, although I can't say I had a great voice. If there's a chorus at your school maybe you could join. I was in chorus and performed in some musicals in high school; that really helped to develop my confidence in singing, and the ear-training and singing courses I took in college really helped the technical aspect, but my voice still sounds blah. But I don't care! So you have the right attitude, shadow. Keep it up and good luck.