Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legacy Collection: The Lion King (CD)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I also want it but im now unsure of what i should do to get it: if i buy it directily from amazon, they will charge me 100% of duty (but at least theu guarantee the deliver here)... if i ask for someone buy there and then re-send for me, is quite easy for the brazilian mail lose it.

Thanks for your kind help s-tlk, im still thinking of what i will do....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So excited for this! There's also an LP of the soundtrack limited to 4,500 at hot topic (of course).

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Audio aficionado would love to have that LP, man I would die to own that LP.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The 2003 LP from Disney store is so much prettier. But extremely pricey if you manage to find it on eBay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received updated shipping information today. According to the release date, instead of an estimate shipping arrival date of July 8-11th, it will now be arriving July 7-10th! Woah!!!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lolz, got it too, it just moves up 1-2 days for me, haha, so it can still arrive between those 2 dates, God knows whenever

Previous estimated arrival date: July 21, 2014 - August 08, 2014
    New estimated arrival date: July 18, 2014 - August 07, 2014

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got another e-mail from Amazon, my arrival date has gone back to what it was originally
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In Disney's blog you find new art from the artist of the Cover, among other things (actually there is only one other thing), the back cover of The Lion King Legacy Collection:
    http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2014...the-lion-king/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Price went down a little a few days ago ... for all I care it can go down a bit further

It's now below 17 $, I believe in the beginning it was a few dollars above 17 $

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that's a good news, It would be crazy to pay more than 15 dollars for a 2 CD.

I'm hoping for a downloadable lossless audio format for like 12 or 13 dollars for it. I don't mind, at least I could listen to the songs like on CD.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is being sold at Harambe Nights at Animal Kingdom. It comes with a lithograph (appears to just be the cover image) when purchased at the event. I'm thinking of picking that up when we go back in August if I can. Sister said she's getting me the CD for my birthday, but I might just have her wait until August if she hasn't ordered it yet.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not really a fan yet of the cover image. Maybe if I see it for real it'll look a lot nicer.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm alright with every bit of the cover and the 2 CD's.

But there's one thing that bothered me is the track listing name, The unofficial Album have better names for the individual track.

But that just my 2 cent and point of view on this Legacy Collection TLK.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Probably because "unofficial people" also named those tracks?

Because isn't that one just a copy from the laserdisc? I was always told, you could extract the music like that from a laserdisc.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    Probably because "unofficial people" also named those tracks?

Because isn't that one just a copy from the laserdisc? I was always told, you could extract the music like that from a laserdisc.
    Depends on which bootleg. One of the recordings from the early 2000s or so was a rough recording straight from the film, with the center audio track muted and a some errant sound effects and artifacts present from trying to edit out the rest of the audio.

The one from the last year or so is supposedly a leaked copy from a recording session of the score, which (again, supposedly) use the (possible, heh) cue names from the sheet music to the score. Of the two, I'd be more inclined to go with the latter's track listing.
    This version is also a much cleaner stereo recording of the music, and seems to contain a few cues that are slightly different than the final music as heard within the film. Quick example off of the top of my head being the scene when we first meet Scar. In the film, his theme is being played on woodwinds and strings when he is talking to the mouse, where in the recording session leak there is a sax, marimba and pizzicato strings and percussion. Much less subtle than what we ended up with in the final film score.

As far as a laserdisc rip, it is possible when a film has an isolated score audio track (many films on laserdisc do). I'm not aware that any version of TLK on laserdisc contained this, sadly.

Either way, I'm hoping the Legacy Collection will contain the full score, but even if not, it is certainly much more than we've seen released officially for this film. I'm pretty grateful for that.
    Didn't know about the litho available with it at Harambe Nights, I'll definitely have to buy another copy when I am there in August for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum Zingela.

Thanks for the insight about the difference between the old bootleg and the new bootleg.

Yeah Nathalie, I hope people just made up those tracklist or else I'll be disappoint over the cringey tracklist.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, they had to call them something in the end ...

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, I have to live with it.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And yet another new peace of artwork from the Legacy Collection: http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...the-lion-king/
    The blog is a very nice and smart idea from Disney, constantly adding small peaces, so you keep talking about it. ;-)

The first bootleg, which was not based on the leak of the original score, used the 5.1 DVD audio track and they removed the center line, which mostly contained talk and vocals. With a little filtering here and there they removed most of the background noise. To be honest I thought the leak score was compared to that the most decent music we could get, but now I think I'm wrong. I was even thinking about trying to do it with the LD 5.1 audio tracked, which I ripped some time ago, because the channels are more clear compared to the DVD SE, but now I don't think it is not necessary anymore. :-)
    I also heard the rumor, that we get with the Legacy, the real mostly unmodified studio recording, which contains the Score in its original speed. They needed to speed up the tracks to get it in sync with the movie. But I'm not sure if this is really true. At least I don't have a reliable source.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingela View Post
    Didn't know about the litho available with it at Harambe Nights, I'll definitely have to buy another copy when I am there in August for it!
    When will you be at Harambe Nights? My sister and I are going to the last one on August 9th.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.