Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A million...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    he has the money and force with that stuff, i think he can make some ppl do what he wants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol he can have my 1 million if he wants it might be able to buy more stuff
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heheh, makes me feel kind of lucky LTS, as my family's moving to florida next summer to a big house with a nice pool, gonna suck leaving all my friends though, plus I'll be going to college.

As for the million, I'd keep 500,00 and use it to pay for college and a decent car. And save the rest of it for any expenses that may come up in the future so I never really have to worry about cash.

Of the other half a mil... I'd split 100,000 between my closest friends and relatives, and donate the last 400,00 to various animal foundations, mostly ones to help save the tiger and the cheetah. (My two favorite animals, go figure )

I don't really need to many fancy things, as after college, my hope is to work with exotic animals, most likely with tigers at a facility in South Carolina if everything works out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kintaru
    Heheh, makes me feel kind of lucky LTS, as my family's moving to florida next summer to a big house with a nice pool, gonna suck leaving all my friends though, plus I'll be going to college.

As for the million, I'd keep 500,00 and use it to pay for college and a decent car. And save the rest of it for any expenses that may come up in the future so I never really have to worry about cash.

Of the other half a mil... I'd split 100,000 between my closest friends and relatives, and donate the last 400,00 to various animal foundations, mostly ones to help save the tiger and the cheetah. (My two favorite animals, go figure )

I don't really need to many fancy things, as after college, my hope is to work with exotic animals, most likely with tigers at a facility in South Carolina if everything works out.
    Christ, 500,000$ for a car and college could get you more than just a "decent car"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    $1,000,000 can buy a lot of TLK stuff!!!

I'd have to say that if I had $1,000,000 I would do what I've done with my $700,000... spend $150,000 in two years and have little to show for it, and have the rest locked away from myself for 10-20 years!! *sigh* this thread came at a bad time!! I have been thinking alot about all the money i spent... and wishing I'd had done things a bit differently..

No sweat, Hakuna Matata... I guess i can try agian in 19 years!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would buy a house here in San Jose CA, so my Mom and sister can move back here and we can live in that house and live together again in the city we love so much. And with the extra money I would get my mom this operation (or it was some kind of procedure, she told me about this long ago) that she wanted (and I think needs) because she has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it helps people with that feel so much better, like they don't have that syndrome anymore. She's in pain a lot and I wish I could pay that for her to get it. And if I still had more money, I would put it in the bank.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I would buy a house here in San Jose CA, so my Mom and sister can move back here and we can live in that house and live together again in the city we love so much. And with the extra money I would get my mom this operation (or it was some kind of procedure, she told me about this long ago) that she wanted (and I think needs) because she has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it helps people with that feel so much better, like they don't have that syndrome anymore. She's in pain a lot and I wish I could pay that for her to get it. And if I still had more money, I would put it in the bank.
    Anywhere in CA is outrageously expensive, sadly...

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I had a million dollars....now that song is stuck in my head.

Anyway, let's see....

A) pay off my school loans, pay back my aunt who supplied the bulk of my college expenses there were NOT covered by scholorship/loans.

B) go to graduate school

C) perhaps buy a new computer

D) donate some to cancer/leukemia/AIDS research

E) donate some for the preservation/exploration/restoration of historical sites.

Anything left over will be put away into a savings account to happily collect interest...which could be important, beause if I ever have children, money will be crucial for a good education, clothing, etc. Kids are expensive.
    Oye...

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Use now:
    $2000 for a kooltacular computer
    $1000 for TLK stuff (now and future)
    $8000 for a trip to Africa
    $5000 for a trip to Germany

Save:
    $200000 for college
    $40000 for a car
    $500000 for a house
    $240000 (the rest) for kids & family

I'm livin' the good life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince Simba
    Use now:
    $2000 for a kooltacular computer
    $1000 for TLK stuff (now and future)
    $8000 for a trip to Africa
    $5000 for a trip to Germany

Save:
    $200000 for college
    $40000 for a car
    $500000 for a house
    $240000 (the rest) for kids & family

I'm livin' the good life
    A $500,000 home isn't that good anymore, real estate prices have boomed everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's not true, my parents are getting a house built in Florida for a little more then 300,000 with a nice pool and it is a big house, about twice as big as the one we have now, and the one we have now houses 5 people fairly comfortably. It all depends where you look, cause houses just like 20 miles away from it closer to tampa are like 3 times as much, but that's insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kintaru
    That's not true, my parents are getting a house built in Florida for a little more then 300,000 with a nice pool and it is a big house, about twice as big as the one we have now, and the one we have now houses 5 people fairly comfortably. It all depends where you look, cause houses just like 20 miles away from it closer to tampa are like 3 times as much, but that's insane.
    How much sq. feet is the house? Out here in CA it's too outrageous...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    shoot my parents beach house is 520k and its 3 br 2 bath, i cant remember th sq tho, but my house here is like 2800sq or something and its like 240-250k

some that stuff is insanely priced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TrkenTyger009
    shoot my parents beach house is 520k and its 3 br 2 bath, i cant remember th sq tho, but my house here is like 2800sq or something and its like 240-250k

some that stuff is insanely priced
    Not to brag, but ours is like 4200 sq. feet and went up twice in value over the past 8 years... ours is now worth over 2 million, and that's the "value" in our city...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    big house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TrkenTyger009
    big house
    You can get a much better one elsewhere for a third of the price... it's big but the build quality wasn't good and it's older.

EDIT: I wish I hadn't been so obsessed with rabbits when I was younger, now I have stuffed rabbits everywhere and rabbit wallpaper in my room. I wish I could remodel it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The house that's getting built is 2881 sq ft. But that's a lot bigger then the house I live in now and we'll probly get atleast 200k for this house cause it's in one of the nicest sections in Philly in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    a million dollars eh?

1. a nice car
    2. ill have to think about that one....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not much then STL lol
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A nice good fully mechanical camera from the 40's...