Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A million...

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hmm... 500 000? to spend traveling living and stuff like that.
    250 000 to nature and animals.
    250 000 to Unicef or some other foundry what help people.

( and ofcourse that 500 000? inclues all te stuff I would do for nature. )

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Donate the money to Mufasa, and keep Lea Halalela going, better than ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    or we could all pitch our money in and buy the right to TLK!

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    The average child in the UK is said to cost around ?125,000 to raise to the age of 18, that's over $200,000 !
    That be a lot o' money, at least to me.

With college tuition prices going up the way they are...I don't even want to think about how expensive it will be to send my kids to college in the future.

Not to mention the cost of living. It's hard enough to scrape together enough money to live where I live. (relatively close to New York City).
    I know people who are working three jobs and they just barely get by, and they have a one bedroom house. Their two kids sleep on bunk beds in the living room. It's a good save on furniture for watchng TV on, but it's kind of cramped.

And the price just keeps growing and growing. I'll probably have to move sometime within the next year, if I want to keep the shirt on my back.

I hear that real estate in Colorado isn't all that bad...but, what would be there for me in Colorado?
    Though, I DO like to ski...

Wow, ain't I the optimist?

Sorry. I have a great fear of poverty. People with my zodiac sign tend to be that way.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'd buy the local zoo and make it better
    why not do the things everyone else is doing? ie...buy a big house, put it in bank accounts...cuz i'm happy with my house as of now after all, it was about $800,000 anyways, and we have a pool and guest rooms and all that good stuff and i plan on getting a scholarship to pay for my college...heck staying up past 11 every night doing hw, i better get a scholarship lol
    i'd probably send some to my relatives in korea, since they arent as well off as we are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jannali
    i'd buy the local zoo and make it better
    why not do the things everyone else is doing? ie...buy a big house, put it in bank accounts...cuz i'm happy with my house as of now after all, it was about $800,000 anyways, and we have a pool and guest rooms and all that good stuff and i plan on getting a scholarship to pay for my college...heck staying up past 11 every night doing hw, i better get a scholarship lol
    i'd probably send some to my relatives in korea, since they arent as well off as we are
    When you go to college, party all night!! Are you going to join a Sorority?

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    here everything is free... I mean studing. University, high school and all that stuff. You just have to get books by your own. Or ofcourse I know that those are not free, but they use tax money on it and that is why we have so high tax rate. Like if you earn about 12 000? in a month you pay at least 45% taxses and if you earn 2000? in a month you have to pay at least 15% taxses + about 8% other taxses... so not hard to beleave why companies like Nokia thinking about moving their headcompany to some other country.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scrap 1mil, I just want ten quid so I can buy that cheetah I saw today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    When you go to college, party all night!! Are you going to join a Sorority?
    hmm i might...depends on things like...i wont join if they haze people and stuff...it has to be a decent one and not one that makes you do crazy stupid stuff (like damaging yourself) to join either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jannali
    hmm i might...depends on things like...i wont join if they haze people and stuff...it has to be a decent one and not one that makes you do crazy stupid stuff (like damaging yourself) to join either
    If you dont want to go through the crazy stuff, your only choice is the one in Revenge of the Nerds

What was that one called again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question If I Had A Million Dollars

I had this little idea for a post... if you had a million dollars (or some other large sum of money, you decide)... what would you do with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Build up Lea Halalela Tower, Make a Leahalalela Business Empire, Lea Halalela Music Inc, Lea Halalela Sound and Video Effect. Im out of idea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Pay off debts. Start investing in real estate. Grow the money as much as possible, and once retirement hits (or close to it), decide how much of it should go to heirs and how much to some philanthropic purpose. There's your generic, fiscally sound answer.

Fendi, here in America, I think a million dollars will probably get you only the foundation and ground floor of the Lea Halalela tower, if that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd get through college, getting my majors in history and art and my minor in education (which is my plan anyway =P It woul dbe easier with money though lol ). I'd put about 500,000 in the bank. And the rest I'd use to get some kinda house and furniture. Anything I have left over, if I have anything left over.. would go to trips to see my friends and stuff of that nature x)

So yeah =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd buy you a monkey!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would by G4 [they're cheap anyways] and have Adam Sessler & Kevin Pereira be my personal slaves. :]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would invest it...and turn my million into a billion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd invest in Roog's billion.

On the go turkey sandmiches, you just can't go wrong.

Yeah... invest some, donate some, all would be well... = )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Vidan: At least people know there's a Lea Halalela Tower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me win a million dollars? Ha.

Well, if I DID actually have the luck to win a large sum of money like that, I'd first sell my house and buy a new, bigger one. And then I'll probably buy myself a car--even if I haven't learnt how to drive yet.

Then, I guess I'd book a holiday for us all to Kenya so we can all go on Safari with eachother. Then, that'd be a big bonus for us all then cos' we would've all met eachother IRL then. xD

[SIZE=small]Instead of me just going alone with my sister and parents.[/SIZE]

So yeah, that'd connect with the whole "Lea Holiday" idea.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook