Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A million...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not gonna waste time by putting down prices but I would spend it on
    -Big house with pool in Florida close to Disney with guest bedrooms for people who visit.
    -A place in Africa, Safari thing like STL
    -Nice car
    -Give some money to charitys working in Africa
    -Money aside for traveling bout 10k
    -Put rest in bank and use when needed
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Instead of donating to a charity or charities, I would use the money to allow myself to directly help those in need. For example, if I wanted to help lions, I'd learn all I can about them and then travel to Africa to work alone or with other people to ensure their survival. It may be overly cynical not to want to let other people do the work for me provided I gave them money -- but I'd rather do it myself.

Other than that, sounds like a good plan for that magical money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Longleat is hell of a close to me STL bout 20mins been there four times or so. Tried to get my work experince down there but failed 2.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1) Big house with swimming pool
    2) Nice car for when I'm older
    3) Holiday for me and my family to either Australia, America, Kenya etc.
    4) Donate some money to the Born Free foundation
    5) Put rest in bank until needed.

and STL, that would be awesome!

EDIT: The nearest Safari park to where I live is Knowsley Safari Park near Chester. I won't be able to get work experience there though. Too bad it's too far away, I'd love to work with Lions.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    think I saw im once a few months ago when my mums Workplace had a party down there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    You're kidding me King Simba? That's the nearest one to us too hehe , how many minutes drive is it from where you are in Yorkshire to Manchester ?
    Around 2 hours drive.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Woes of Folly
    Instead of donating to a charity or charities, I would use the money to allow myself to directly help those in need. For example, if I wanted to help lions, I'd learn all I can about them and then travel to Africa to work alone or with other people to ensure their survival. It may be overly cynical not to want to let other people do the work for me provided I gave them money -- but I'd rather do it myself.
    Over here we have an organisation called Monkey World which does just that (only with primates), they are a completely seperate entity from all the other animal rescue charities and foundations. What they do is they rescue primates who have been treated badly and bring them back to the park where the animals can live out the rest of their lives (most of the time the animals are either too old or injured to be relocated to the wild) and also they work with the local authorities in the coutries they visit to make sure that the people who have been misstreating the animals (often protected species) are dealt with apropriatly.

Now I have actually been considdering the possibility of setting something like this up for big cats (to my knowledge there isn't such an orginasation, in England anyway) but it'd probably cost a bit more that a million so that's be where my million would go, after it's sat in the bank for a while collecting interest

Failing that it'd probably go on the usual.
    Flat in Brentford,
    BMW Z3,
    Frell-off big TV, etc, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should've invested the remaining 100,000 pounds!

Anyways, for me it would be...
    Enough for college education
    An Aston Martin Vanquish
    A large house in somewhere in Alaska
    Enough for a lifetime supply of gasoline (the Vanquish eats the gas too quickly)

And then I'd invest the rest.

EDIT: Actually, I'd need a chopper if I was living in Alaska to get around places. I'd also have a home somewhere in the continental US (most likely in Colorado) so I could actually drive the Vanquish because Alaska has very few roads.

And sorry about the double post... XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TeeKay

Failing that it'd probably go on the usual.
    Flat in Brentford,
    BMW Z3,
    Frell-off big TV, etc, etc
    Z3!? You should be thankful that you have TVRs and Nobles over there. And if you're going with a BMW, make it a Z8...

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2004@$Noble@$M14g.html
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/2003@$TVR@$T440Rg.html
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/2000@$BMW@$Z8g.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm i would take 250,000 and place it in a CD or secure back account. I would then take 200,000 buy a house. 50,000 and buy a nice car. I would then spend 250,000 traveling the world. I would then place 200,000 in blue chip stocks and i would live the rest of my life on the interest of it.

Sad part is my uncle won 11.9 million dollars in the latto and i havent seen a dime of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apart from a house and a nice (normal) car I would go to the BBC and ask to join their documentary crews in Africa.

Now if I had just a little more say 4 or 5 million I would buy a property in Africa and make it a Safari destination as a way to conserve a piece of the environment in Africa. There was a 26,000 acre (if I remember correctly) piece of land bordering the Kalahari Nat. Park for sale not too long ago with 3 Safari camps and all the paperwork necessary for tourist operation for $3.3 Million USD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ngatuny
    Apart from a house and a nice (normal) car I would go to the BBC and ask to join their documentary crews in Africa.

Now if I had just a little more say 4 or 5 million I would buy a property in Africa and make it a Safari destination as a way to conserve a piece of the environment in Africa. There was a 26,000 acre (if I remember correctly) piece of land bordering the Kalahari Nat. Park for sale not too long ago with 3 Safari camps and all the paperwork necessary for tourist operation for $3.3 Million USD.
    You'd also have to hire anti-poachers and probably arm them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Yes indeed that is the reason it would take a bit more than just the price of the property.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ngatuny
    Yes indeed that is the reason it would take a bit more than just the price of the property.
    Pay me and I'll arm them with the best for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Buy a new computer(s), new clothes, toys... yeah, that's all I want. I'd give the rest to a worth while cause. Or help people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    *applies for the job *

*cough* Anyway...

[]If I had a million dollars...[/]
    I'd buy...

...A semi-large tract of land in the middle of nowhere, East Africa
    ...A modest dwelling, complete with Secret Underground Bunker of Doom
    ...A large stockpile of weapons, including (but not limited to) a G-3 SG/1, a Barret M82A3, an STI Eagle 6.0, and various others
    ...A Mil-Spec M1114 Hum-Vee
    ...A Huey Gunship
    ...Large quantities of ammunition, diesel, and aviation fuel
    ...some random and/or menial things that aren't worth mention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    *applies for the job *

*cough* Anyway...

[]If I had a million dollars...[/]
    I'd buy...

...A semi-large tract of land in the middle of nowhere, East Africa
    ...A modest dwelling, complete with Secret Underground Bunker of Doom
    ...A large stockpile of weapons, including (but not limited to) a G-3 SG/1, a Barret M82A3, an STI Eagle 6.0, and various others
    ...A Mil-Spec M1114 Hum-Vee
    ...A Huey Gunship
    ...Large quantities of ammunition, diesel, and aviation fuel
    ...some random and/or menial things that aren't worth mention

you planing world war 3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Donate it all to Foundations that save tigers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion King Stu
    you planing world war 3?
    Yup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    think you may need just more than one person fighting lol think you would be pretty dead