Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I know this has probably already been asked before..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    GG on the merge-age...

[i]And the directors killed off the possibilities of a random lion when they said that the father was either Scar or Mufasa at that one convention. So they got themselves into a lose-lose situation (although nobody else notices that, really). [/B]
    Not nessecarily.

Yeah, thats what they said. They also said it in a manner that indicated they hadn't given it a single thought up to that point. I doubt the idea of a random rogue even crossed their minds to be killed off.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Yeah, thats what they said. They also said it in a manner that indicated they hadn't given it a single thought up to that point.
    Yeah I agree with that... It sounds like they didn't even think about it.

I still think it's a random lion.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Assuming good looks and numbers of fanboys run in families: I think my father would be a safe bet. No, seriously?

To quote the knights in Monty Python... Ni! Ni! Ni! (you know, from The Lion King: Six New Adventures? A slightly ?untried-and-untested? theory that?s also a one-way ticket to getting my head bitten off, I?m sure you?ll all agree, but look at those scans and think about the evidence: Ni had enough nerve to address Nala as ??small and flaky?? on page 42, suggesting he is indeed an adult (?I guess [Nala] thought [Ni] was younger?? ?It?s true [Ni?s] a little smaller than average?), albeit a young adult who hadn?t fully learned about manners and junk yet ? perhaps as an even younger adult/adolescent, Mufasa/Ahadi reluctantly allowed him to stay the night at Pride Rock purely to prevent inbreeding, and because he was a little rough with Sarafina because it was his first time, he was banished from the pride and the lionesses ? particularly Sarafina ? now consider him ?taboo?? (?I don?t think [Ni] would be very welcome. Your pride tried to scare [Ni] away yesterday?) Or, perhaps Sarafina?s just a little ashamed about mating with a scruffy young rouge to the point of not allowing her own daughter to know a word of it? But on the flip side, notice how Nala and Ni just ?clicked? so fast (well, at least that?s my opinion), how Ni was somewhat protective towards Nala (?You know [Nala?s] still too small to protect yourself??) in a paternal kind of way, and how well Ni and Sarafina worked together to protect their daughter once they set their differences aside?... hell, the list goes on and on and on? *sings the song from Freaky Friday 2003* Or it could just be that I?m just a tired kid with an overactive imagination and I?m just making up stuff on the spot to make myself sound important? there?s no *law* that says you have to listen to me; in fact I?m sort of contradicting myself since I?m one of those freaks who usually just sits back and enjoys the movie and loves it too much to ruin it by fussing about who?s related to who. And trust me, if you think it?s bad in the TLK community then you ain?t seen nothin? ?til you?ve seen the Codename: Kids Next Door fandom where you can?t post a screencap of Numbuhs 1 and 4 looking in each others? direction without triggering slash to the left of you and slash to the right of you? :sigh: if I don?t shut myself up soon this is going to turn into a rant? don?t get me wrong, I love C:KND and all the people I?ve met through it, but sometimes I just wish its pickier fans would stop wishing it were called Codename: Lovers Next Door and focus on what its creators dreamt it up for in the first place: insane amounts of criminal ageism. /end off-topicness

Then again: if there?s some major flaw in my hypothesis I failed to spot because I?m STOOPID (and let?s face it, there more than likely is at least one), as much as detest (and I mean really detest) all forms of incest with a fiery passion: if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between Scar and Mufasa I?d at least lean towards Mufasa anyday. Why? Because a) maybe Nala ??starting to sound like [Simba?s] father? was down to more than mere coincidence, and b) it would explain a helluva lot about Kiara?s terminal lack of brain cells and bizarre defective gene that gave her the magical power to switch genders between movies!

Okay; if you insist I'll stop using a serious discussion as an excuse to exhibit my warped sense of humour now. /over and out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a very good idea Katifa! I like it Hmm.. great theory.

And trust me, I hear ya about the slash thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, it's been speculated before that Ni coould be Nala's father... but I personally disagree is that I think he's too young to be her father. not to mention scary to find out that her dad was only a little bit old older than she was when she was born. incest prevention or not... I'd rather go with the Mufasa/Scar theory than that. but Ni is still a cool character..

Akril drew a pic aboput the possibity of Ni being Vtani's father .. don't ask where that came from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by starlioness
    Akril drew a pic aboput the possibity of Ni being Vtani's father .. don't ask where that came from.
    I saw that picture. Kinda came from left field, but I like that idea too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    isn't it best kept a mystery? Nalas father could of died before she was born for all we know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm that's true Nala the lion! I mean some of us maybe would get dissapointed if we found out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have found some family trees in who nala's father might be this might of already been coverd but just incase

http://www.lionking.org/faq.html#father
    just scroll down the faq page until you come to the who is nalas father section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen that before.. good link. But I guess.. I've read it, and it doesn't make things more clearly about who Nalas father is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think it really matters who Nala's father is. If it was important it would have been in the movie, or maybe it was left out for the insest reason. I think it's good that everyone has their own opinions of who Nala's father is, it creates a good discussion anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i agree,
    since there are ppl who talk alot here can you tell me how to put your own pictures under your display name and signature, i have looked round all the forums nut found nothin so plz can u tell me
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree Lucy. But it's still something I wanna know. I mean.. it's interesting. But I think it'll be a little bit of a dissapointment if you got to know who it is. Hmm, I really wonder who it is. Hehe!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *thread merged with another existing thread*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ralli
    Wow, they really did say that it was either Scar or Mufasa at one convention? Is there a copy of the conversation or direct quotes, or is it rumour?
    It's not a rumour. I finally found the screening it was at. Somebody (I think Brian of TLK-L or something) asked "who is Nala's father". Here's what this website says (although the first hand review from Brian was better):

Someone asked who Nala's father was and Rob Minkoff jokingly said that Roger Allers was. After the joke, Rob said they didn't think anybody would ever pay attention to that but that it was likely to be Scar or Mufasa
    http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00001715.html

EDIT: A-ha, I finally found the original thing. http://zazu.lionking.org/getmsg.cgi?138+06+04+7421+7797

So then they opened it up to questions from the audience. They only
    ended up taking seven or eight questions, most of which were of the
    nature of "What inspired you to do a movie about lions?" and "What
    decisions influenced how you used foley in this movie?". When Sito
    roved the side of the room I was on, he picked someone in front of me
    first; after that, it was actually Katzenberg himself who called on me.
    I stood up.

"This is a question for the story guys; and I apologize for the
    "Trekkie" nature of the question-- you can feel free to tell me to 'get
    a life', or whatever..."

A chuckle went around the room, so I took the opportunity to breathe a
    couple of times.

"...So I apologize in advance; but I've been charged, for... ten years
    now, with providing to the entire Internet fan community (and believe
    me, there are thousands of us) with a definitive answer to the
    following question:

"WHO is Nala's father?!"

Full-blown laughter this time, as the question sank in to a couple of
    hundred people who had apparently never thought about it before, or who
    suddenly remembered they wanted to hear the answer too. Fortunately Rob
    Minkoff and Roger Allers were laughing too, ribbing each other, making
    little sidelong jibes. Finally, Minkoff looked at me, pointed at
    Allers, and said "Roger."

More guffawing ensued. Minkoff and Allers then mentioned how they'd
    joked about this during production, tossed around some off-color gags,
    and eventually decided that they just "hoped nobody would notice". Heh.
    Fat chance, right?

Finally, after talking a little bit about how lions operate in
    real-life prides, Minkoff said, sort of muttering into his sleeve, that
    the general assumption was that Nala's father was "either Scar or...
    Mufasa."

So there we have it, from as official a source as I can imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wasn't it Brian Tiemann, oh-so-mighty creator of lk.org and TLKFAA?

But yeah, he said it. I laughed when I read that on TLK-L =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I vote the "mysterious Outlander", unless TLK is located in some isolated "Ngorongoro Crater" where lack of other prides means that incest needs to enter the equation for the Pridelanders.

If the latter situation is indeed the case, Scar MIGHT more likely the daddy, as his eyes have green irides and Nala has blue irides, whereas Mufasa has orange/red irides. Green is closer to blue than orange or red, although I'm not sure if that's a reliable predictor of ancestry (does anyone with superior knowledge about genetics have any comment?).

This thread's premise would not be a question if Disney didn't give their lions a Western system where males inherited "rule" from their fathers rather than the more leonine system of males being driven from their natal prides and having to take control of new prides. Then we wouldn't have to worry about mysterious outsiders or incest, as Simba would simply be taking control of a different pride than Mufasa and Scar's when he meets Nala.

EDIT:
    some people are forgetting that Sarafina also has green eyes..
    There goes my second paragraph! :woeisme:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have another source, just to let you know the lion in this bit of story called taka is really called scar, taka was scars original name before he changed it, he changed it because it brang him too many bad memories. but anyway here it is.
    Mufasa assumed the throne and took Sarabi to be his mate. Mufasa stood at the tip of Pride Rock with all of the animals surrounded at the base. Sarabi stood next to Mufasa and Zazu flew in from above the crowd and bowed before the new King and Queen. Sarafina watched all of the excitement from inside the den. "I wish you were here Taka,"she said. "You would have been a great Father to our new cub. Please return to me soon." Sarafina looked down on the cub she had in her paws. "I will call her Nala for that name reminds me of you Taka. You would have been a great Father." Sarafina held little Nala close in her paws and nuzzled the little cub. As Sarafina continued to look at Nala, she kept thinking about Taka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    i have another source, just to let you know the lion in this bit of story called taka is really called scar, taka was scars original name before he changed it, he changed it because it brang him too many bad memories. but anyway here it is.
    Mufasa assumed the throne and took Sarabi to be his mate. Mufasa stood at the tip of Pride Rock with all of the animals surrounded at the base. Sarabi stood next to Mufasa and Zazu flew in from above the crowd and bowed before the new King and Queen. Sarafina watched all of the excitement from inside the den. "I wish you were here Taka,"she said. "You would have been a great Father to our new cub. Please return to me soon." Sarafina looked down on the cub she had in her paws. "I will call her Nala for that name reminds me of you Taka. You would have been a great Father." Sarafina held little Nala close in her paws and nuzzled the little cub. As Sarafina continued to look at Nala, she kept thinking about Taka.
    ...Um, since when is fanfic a canon source...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it gives you a strong idea and perspective on whos nala's father is.
    Why does scar want to kill simba and not nala? Nala as future queen could pose a threat to scrars plans, so why does he not kill nala aswell???