Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: I know this has probably already been asked before..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This question annoys me to no end.

I always want to say Scar because he didn't kill Nala, as is customary when a new lion takes over the pride. But then again, it could be Disney refusing to kill the future Queen, so it could just as likely be a rogue Sarafina met, fell in love with, and one way or another after they mated he disappeared.

Although, I highly doubt it was Mufasa. Having Simba and Nala related by doing a Scar/Sarafina pairing is enough, but I think parents would flip out if they found out Simba married and had a cub with his step-sister.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yer, i think this thread is gonna go on and on until we get bored of it because there is no real answer with hard evidence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Family Tree of the pride:

Ahadi & Reyna met and had Mufasa and Taka.

Mufasa met Sarabi and they became parents to be.

Taka tried to be with Sarafina. But she did not allow it.

Mufasa tried to be with her but she wouldn't except either.

After thought Sarafina allowed one of the lions to be her mate.

Viola! Mufasa + Sarafina = Nala. Sarabi was disgruntled. She bit Sarafina near the neck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Marimbawizard
    Ahadi & Reyna met and had Mufasa and Taka.
    Um, no, they didn't. Mufasa and Scar's mother is named Uru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Um, no, they didn't. Mufasa and Scar's mother is named Uru.
    Sorry my bad. I never thought the had given her a name and in my fanfic (I'm still writing it) that is her name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About Mufasa being Nala's father and just liking Sarabi more-that makes sense. There's a favorite lioness in the pride, and along with favoritsm, Mufasa was just doing a duty.

"Mufasa, your wife's having a boy!"
    "Really good, gotta' go!"
    "Go where, honey?"
    "Ummm, 'pick out' a queen? Sarafina? Can I speak to you privately?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    it gives you a strong idea and perspective on whos nala's father is.
    Why does scar want to kill simba and not nala? Nala as future queen could pose a threat to scrars plans, so why does he not kill nala aswell???
    Yeah, but you can control a female lioness, but I male's dominance will be a threat. Not trying to be sexist, but seriously, that's how it works. I mean, lionesses will allow males that over-take their pride kill their cubs and then mate right away. Not that they choose to, that's nature's way!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    People ask too many questions with "just" an animated movie.

Don't get that "just" wrong

I mean, they maybe have a background story for each character *or* they simply didn't thought, that people would actually start to wonder about all these things *lol*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nala is a device of the plot!! She is there to move the plot forward and to create a love interest, nothing deeper than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DarkPaw
    Yeah, but you can control a female lioness, but I male's dominance will be a threat. Not trying to be sexist, but seriously, that's how it works. I mean, lionesses will allow males that over-take their pride kill their cubs and then mate right away. Not that they choose to, that's nature's way!

Well, actually, a lion that usurps the previous ruler's "throne" will kill all of that king's cubs- male or female. The reason behind this is pretty iffy, though. It's pretty much a fact that after a lioness's cubs are killed, she'll go back into oestrus (sp?) so that she can mate again...but I'm not one hundred percent positive.

I think it's generally accepted that the new lion kills the previous male's cubs so that his bloodline is wiped out and makes way for the new dominant lions' kids- "survival of the fittest", as I've heard it put. Which I don't think really suits it, since it doesn't matter how fit the cubs are if they're getting murdered by an adult. Probably because if their father was too weak to fend off the new lion, it may mean that his offspring are weak, also. Except I read just recently that this may not be true and that there's another explanation...but...I can't remember exactly what it was, I don't know where the book is, and I'm getting off-topic anyway.

Anyway, I don't think Scar would've killed Nala had she been the daughter of Mufasa or another lion, as it would've worked out in real life terms. In fact, had Nala been the daughter of a rogue lion, Mufasa would've killed her. But I think we may be getting a little too technical for it.

Though if I had to come up with something of a theory, I think that maybe Scar just didn't see a reason to kill Nala. He probably wouldn't have thought she could pose a threat to him. She couldn't have led a revolt against him: there were too few lionesses help her, and there were too many hyenas roaming the Pridelands to allow her to escape (though she did).

That's just a theory. I don't have any facts to base it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i agree with Boos in the beginning of this thread, the makers from The Lion King probably had the purpose to make that mystery this way.

Personally i keep believing it is an other lion, because i am kind of disguised by the idea it would be mufasa ore scar, that would make simba and nala sisters ore cousins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picture by Dare:

I don't like to think neither Mufassa nor Scar is the father. That'd just be wierd.

I just keep telling myself it was another lion who left Sarafina earlier, before the film took place. It's sad, but it makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My prediction is that Sarafina left another pride and was accepted by Mufasa's Pride while she was pregnant...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have three opinnions:
    It's Ugas from CoTPL
    It's TSG's Shisazen
    OR JUST SOME ROGUE LION!!
    I really feel sick thinking that Mufasa was her father, cause in that case Simba and Nala were stepsister and brother. And stil if it would have been Scar, they would have been cousins *and how much does Nala look either Mufasa or Scar?*
    So I personally really want to believe, that it was some rogue lion. Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katiti Malaika
    I have three opinnions:
    It's Ugas from CoTPL
    It's TSG's Shisazen
    OR JUST SOME ROGUE LION!!
    I really feel sick thinking that Mufasa was her father, cause in that case Simba and Nala were stepsister and brother. And stil if it would have been Scar, they would have been cousins *and how much does Nala look either Mufasa or Scar?*
    So I personally really want to believe, that it was some rogue lion. Period.
    Um, no. That would make Simba and Nala half-siblings, not step-siblings. Step-siblings have no blood relation what-so-ever. Also, Mufasa and Scar look nothing alike and are siblings, so the same could happen from parent to child.

Edit: Oh yah, welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've not yet read through all fourteen pages, but I saw posted on another Lion King forum (SP) that Brian Tieman (I think it was him) went to a special meeting where he actually asked the people who created the Lion King this exact question. If memory serves me, they said that it was Mufasa. I apologize if someone has already brought this up. If not... well... now you know.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Krypto
    I've not yet read through all fourteen pages, but I saw posted on another Lion King forum (SP) that Brian Tieman (I think it was him) went to a special meeting where he actually asked the people who created the Lion King this exact question. If memory serves me, they said that it was Mufasa. I apologize if someone has already brought this up. If not... well... now you know.
    You talking about this?

yoinked from here

On June 14, 2004, the creators of The Lion King gathered in Glendale, CA, for a Tenth Anniversary Panel discussion, where Brian Tiemann asked directors Rob Minkoff and Roger Allers point-blank the answer to the foregoing question. Minkoff's immediate response was "Roger [Allers]"; but after further discussion, both directors acknowledged that Nala's father, while still not known definitively, was either Scar or Mufasa.
    That be what Xinithian was talkin' about a few pages back (page 12 or so).
    Took me a while to get through all the pages...I have the attention span of a 5 year- Oooo! A puppy!
    *chases*

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, incest

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    still saying divine intervention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wicked
    You talking about this?
    I did some searching and actually found the thing which I was talking about! Here is it: http://zazu.lionking.org/getmsg.cgi?138+06+04+7421+7797

Even if you don't care about who Nala's father is, this is a good read for any Lion King fan. Upon reading it, I felt really good. It took me back and reminded me of the feelings which I held for the Lion King when I first discovered the Lion King's online family.