Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehe, looks like the little guy is planning his next escape.. xD No, seriously though he/she must love you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talfasi View Post
    You know, one day I came home to visit my parents for a change.. /and/ for the most important part, to read up the Donald Duck magazine that is ordered for my little brother. And what did I see?! Some /feline/ had hoarded my precious magazine for reading. THE NERVE! THE ARROGANCE!

.. oh well, I got to read it eventually. But still.. cats. They think they own the planet!
    Awwwwww, she's soooo cute

And *wOOt* Donald Duck !! I love reading those, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At my parent's home there's 7 cats. One is mine and was there before my mom took in strays. Hobo, Maxine, Mittens, Mona, Patch, Murphy & Gilligan. Wolfgang recently passed away from an infection and age.

I'll post photos of them some other time mostly because they are on my mobile which isn't working right now!
    However, at my boyfriend's home I decided to keep a different kind of pet. I wanted one since I was a child but my father wouldn't let me; I think now he's afraid of them.

I purchased a black corn snake from a local pet store and named it (I assume 'her') Slinky.

They grow up to 5 feet or 1.5 meters, are non-aggressive and found in southern USA. She only bit me once; I laid on the couch watching The Sopranos and didn't watch as my left hand grabbed her head gently so she snapped at me. I don't think they have "teeth", just little barbs. I learned a lot about snakes just owning her; they're extremely clean and do -not- smell like my father told me, haha....and they aren't messy eaters. Also, when she goes to the restroom it is so easy to clean..it's in a little crisp on her aspen I just scoop out and am done. AMAZING. I owned a lizard before and it was white crap here, white crap there; gotta strip the cage down and scrub every week. The snake goes about once a month before I clean her home. Seemingly, snakes don't really care if they have "sunlight" like maybe a human needs it for mood properties and also a normal cycle. They advise 12 hours of some spectrum of light so they don't go nuts,and you do have to monitor temperatures for day and night. Slinky does not like the prescribed heat though and sleep in the cold corner always.

Because she is a pet store owned and raised snake, she doesn't eat live mice, just frozen and thawed. It's fairly simple. So, then a reptile exhibit came to my city and I went and purchased a Honduran Milk snake, fire orange. They're closely similar to corn snakes, but their heads and color spectrum vary more.

It was listed as a female when I got her, and she was cheap and very docile. I let her stay untouched in her home for a week, then took her out to feed her. She bit me twice and attacks the feeding box and bites herself; all of these things are not to worry I'm told but she's obviously nuts. I don't handle her too much though they say handle them more so they get adjusted to this treatment. When she bites it's a little more than a "just get off" bite, it's a "rip your thumb off!" latch of death. Still, nothing but chicklet teeth in there lol!

She won't eat.

It's been two weeks, I contacted the gentleman who sold her and he said they can go a month without food but if it persists to contact him again. I will take her to a rep-vet soon if she persists. she isn't pregnant either or shedding, which can trigger this behavior.

Funny thing about snakes; you can get them a REALLY elaborate cage with things to climb and hide in - they don't really appreciate it and can do fine living in a box under a paper towel with a plastic bowl of water so long as temps are right. Extremely simple minds lol, but both mine live in luxury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Snakes are so lovely; I kind of want one, but in spite of myself they still make me a little nervous...

Here my cats Peter (the big white one) and Loki. Loki is about nine months now.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1702e3351...0e9no1_500.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Harry the African Pygmy hedgehog.

Bindi Dragon

Tiger hissing cockroaches

This is Maya malamute, she isn't my pet but belongs to my friend who recently moved to America to be with her husband and couldn't take here, as Maya has a heart murmur. My friends mum has her now but can't walk her very far, so once a week I take her for a good walk. She's the most friendly lovely dog ever.

I also have crested geckos,leopard geckos,turtles, frogs, snails a tarantula and 3 rabbits! I will post pics of those soon. So quite a few and it costs a fortune, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, Sombolia--stack o' cats!

And ah, reptiles. I'm a terrible animal person, or lie of an animal person, because just the thought of how much specialized care, concerns and equipment reptiles take has always put me off. I would throw all that laziness to the wind and dive right in if only I could own a tortoise, but turtles and tortoises are completely illegal in New Jersey. It makes me very sad.

Here's mr. Wally, the hammiest, most spoiled if sometimes over-enthusiastic (or else completely lazy) dog I've ever had. They said he was a Lab-Shepard mix, but you can see some kind of Bully breed floating around in him, too, not so much in this picture but when he's standing and you see the barrelly body and bandy hind legs, so who really knows. I just call him a Yellow. A yellow what? Nothing, he's just a Yellow, and a fine and cheerful one at that.

Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I posted pictures of her on Facebook, but this is our new puppy, Sprocket. Her name was Scrappy, but we thought my dad would take to calling her "Crappy" so we changed it. We chose the name Sprocket because my sister thinks her face looks like the dog from Fraggle Rock.

She's super smart. She knew and was responding to her new name just a few hours after we brought her home. She already knows "sit" and "potty" as well. I want to teach her some cool stuff.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Such cute pets!

....really confused as to how a turtle or tortoise can be illegal. 0_o; They aren't exotic, what's the harm? Not like there are no turtles in America...

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hamsters are illegal in some states, as are ferrets. It sometimes has to do with local species, public health (usually complete crap science behind those claims in particular), concerns about crop damage, and general prejudice toward the animal (as in pit bulls).

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    Hamsters are illegal in some states, as are ferrets. It sometimes has to do with local species, public health (usually complete crap science behind those claims in particular), concerns about crop damage, and general prejudice toward the animal (as in pit bulls).
    Yeah, it's some bs about salmonella. Unless you have a zoo or educational license/permit to have one, you can't own or purchase one and they aren't sold within state boundries. And even if you're enterprising and smuggle one in, you wouldn't be able to take it to the vet
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everybody has adorable pets!

Which brings me to mine So I went and checked out the rabbits that I was interested in today, and came home with this fantastically adorable, smart, 16 weeks old male, currently named Bandit (though perhaps a little too cliche?), but it's been changing every hour or so, I may need help choosing a name. xD I know he's smart, because I have a little feeder ball that needs to be rolled around for the treats to come out. I put a few pellets in it and he'd worked it out in under a minute and then spent the longest time pushing it everywhere!

His breed is Smoke Pearl and the colour is called Smoke Pearl Marten. He's gorgeous, and also very lucky. He's going to be an outside rabbit, but since the temp is well above 35 degrees C today, he only spent about 1 1/2 hours in his hutch before getting the run of our laundry. Though runs on the lawn in his pen and maybe in the laundry too will be a regular thing, just not for quite so long as today I don't think.

Anyway, without further rambling, here he is! The images make him look a little darker than he is, but I love his dark face, ears, feet and tail.

That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He's such a pretty bunny!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aww! It's so great that you were allowed a pet after all He's absolutely adorable!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He looks so fuzzy, I love the lighter color venting Is he people-friendly/socialized, or a handful?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh my gosh, he's so gorgeous. I LOVE his smokey, coal-dust coloring. He reminds me of a Grullo/Grulla horse, one of my favorite equine colorings. A few names come to mind, though some are probably a little obvious. xD Sulfur, Cinder, Jasper , Malachite (or Malakai for short?), Slate, Steele, Rhett, Rand, Vincent, Charn, Spirit....okay I'll stop here. xD You could always do what a lot of my friends do and name him after Disney characters. He could pull of a Kovu or a Basil, I think. x3

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone, he is without a doubt the cutest rabbit ever. I was stupidly excited when Pat told me after the inspection that I was allowed to have a rabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    He looks so fuzzy, I love the lighter color venting Is he people-friendly/socialized, or a handful?
    He is fuzzy! He is friendly to an extent, the lady I got him from was a breeder for shows etc, so he's been taken care of well and handled plenty, though not like one would handle a pet rabbit as much. Basically though, he'll come up to me quite happily but tends to back off a little when I pet him, and he likes being held, but he hates the process of being picked up, probably partly my technique not being quite as good as the lady who constantly handles rabbits :P But with time as he gets to know me more and I handle him more, I know he'll get a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    Oh my gosh, he's so gorgeous. I LOVE his smokey, coal-dust coloring. He reminds me of a Grullo/Grulla horse, one of my favorite equine colorings. A few names come to mind, though some are probably a little obvious. xD Sulfur, Cinder, Jasper , Malachite (or Malakai for short?), Slate, Steele, Rhett, Rand, Vincent, Charn, Spirit....okay I'll stop here. xD You could always do what a lot of my friends do and name him after Disney characters. He could pull of a Kovu or a Basil, I think. x3
    I know, the colours are what drew me to him in the first place. I've literally been eyeing off the lady's add for her rabbits for the last month, even before I knew if I was allowed to have a rabbit or not Was so glad to know she still had them. I had migrated through both Jasper and Basil already Bandit seems to have largely stuck though, so will probably end up just staying with that. Thanks for all the suggestions thoguh, Malakai is a nice name

Also...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, that's neat that we had two of the same names in mind. xD And man, he is WAY more handsome than all of the other smoke pearl rabbits that came up in google images just now. Also, watching him move around makes me want to draw rabbits everywhere, so cool!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^I think because Smoke Pearl is both a colour in various breeds, and a breed itself. So you tend to get varying images Thank you though You should draw rabbits. Do it. Now!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, what a beautiful rabbit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Somby He is pretty darn cute.