Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very sorry for your loss Kirauni.

Some good news from us today. After losing Bandit in January I've been planning for and wanting another rabbit for months. Today we went and met some bunnies and adopted this lovely pair. They came with the names Tony (white) and Rosie. We'll be changing the names but I haven't come up with the right ones yet. I was only going to adopt a single rabbit, but I didn't really connect with any of the singles there whereas I felt like Tony was "the one" so to speak. The lady offered to separate them for me but I didn't want them splitting a bonded pair so now we have both They're settling in pretty well and seem quite content. They are such gorgeous bunnies and I'm looking forward to seeing how they come out of their shell.

Attachment 896
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Aww, so cute! You're sure they are both same sex though?
    That's what we were told a few years back, untill 7 months later all of the sudden 8 tiny bunnies appeared haha

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're male and female but both are desexed. They came from a rescue so they spay/neuter all their bunnies before they're adopted out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay, you have bunnies again!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no pets at the moment, but the semi feral cats at my apartment keeps me in company 'em.

Sorry to hear that Kirauni, I'm sure she'll be there with you again in Heaven playing together in eternity.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    They're male and female but both are desexed. They came from a rescue so they spay/neuter all their bunnies before they're adopted out.
    Would be something nice if they both have Kit though. I like baby animals like cub, kittens, fawn.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks CGW

^I don't think so Guntur, sure kits are cute and I like baby animals too. But I would hate to re-home them not able to be sure what sort of home they were going to when I hold myself to such a high standard of care that I know not everybody does.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So, usually my cats has this fixed expression of like "I'm not impressed by any of this".
    But here's one where he's looking so cute <3

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He has his ways of looking cute

Guys, I kept this a bit quiet during the last couple of weeks, but... *sigh* long story short, Matilda was diagnosed with anemia and kidney failure. Her body stopped producing red blood cells, fell ill, and she finally passed away yesterday evening

What made it hardest was that I was carrying her back from the vet to get her home (we decided not to intern her and let her spend her last days with us), but she literally died in my arms at the car park

She was in my family for almost 8 years, and we'll remember her very dearly.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So sorry to hear that.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, no, not Matilda...

I'm so sorry, for you and your family. She was a lovely dog. At least she's pain free now, and may she rest in peace.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry for you and your family Leor.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry Leor

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh that's so sad. I'm sorry for you, Leor. I'm sure she must have meant a lot to you and if your friend dies in your arms that's shocking. I'm just glad she doesn't have to suffer anymore because all these things sound like a lot of pain for both you and your dog. I wish you all the time you need to let her go and if you want to talk, I'm here for you.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's so sad Emilio. I'm sorry because your loss.

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you for your words, guys

It's hard coming to terms with it, but I'll slowly get there. She had been through something similar before some years ago if you remember, when we were told she would have to be put to sleep, but she survived in the end and got to live for longer. But it would have been too much to hope for something like that to repeat. At least she died seeing a familiar face and not alone.

And at least she'll continue to live as a Pokemon now, my brother named this Houndour like Matilda some years ago when X/Y were released. I discovered it and transfered it to my game to train her. She'll have all the love meter to the top
    Attachment 905

On a much brighter note, a couple of months ago my sister wasn't able to take care of her dog in her flat anymore, so we decided to make home for him here, and now he lives with us.
    So... Meet Tory, he's our new Yorkshire Terrier, and a very hyperactive one
    He got to live along with Matilda for a while, they didn't exactly get along at first, but they learned to tolerate each other's presence with some getting used to.
    Now it's just him, but that kind of helped with the transition.

You've got very big shoes to fill, Tory, but you have a good start

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Awwww, it's one of those doggies that jump when they bark, haha

But they are so cute! My grandma on my dad's side used to have one of these aswell.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww, Leor, I am so sorry to hear about Matilda passing away.

That is good you have Tory there, I'm sure that probably helps somewhat. I feel it would be sad to go home without a happy dog greeting you anymore, when you've been used to that for years. (Tory is very cute by the way.)

My mom recently talked about getting another dog, a play mate for Bella. I almost thought that was a little strange, she has never mentioned that before that I remember. She has also recently mentioned that she kind of wishes she bred Bella so she had puppies before she got her fixed. But I think it's because Bella is getting older, she is over 10 years old now. It's quite sad for me to think about, even though Bella hopefully has 4 or 5 more years left. I love Bella so much, I've never loved a dog more than Bella. But no one lives forever, I know. Just this past August, we took Bella to the Oregon coast, we have been doing that for a few years in a row now, every summer. This last time, she was playing and running around the first day on the beach, but on the second day, she seemed so tired and just wanted to lay on the beach. For some reason that was a little sad for me to see she was that tired, it kind of hit home to me that Bella is getting older. But it was quite warm that day too, maybe that had something to do with it.

I didn't really mention this to many people, but Bella was attacked by a bigger dog last June, I was in Oregon when it happened. (Although, I didn't see her get attacked.) But I went with my mom to take her to the vet, she had a gash in her neck and had to get stitches, and I helped take care of her while I was in Oregon those two weeks while she was recovering. It was really upsetting that happened, but I am so thankful she didn't die that day, and that she fully recovered. I've heard horror stories of small dogs getting attacked and killed by bigger dogs. I cherish all the time I get with her when I do see her.

Here's a picture of my girls. Not really a recent photo, it's a few years old. But they still look the same. It's a bit blurry, but I tried to look for a photo that I haven't already uploaded online in the past.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As some of you know, I have two fluffy roomies named Ziggy and Cassian since January this year

They're Norwegian Forest Cats, my favourite breed <3 They'll grow up to be really big and heavy (though not as big as Maine Coons) which I love, haha, though it makes it difficult to transport them. I'm hoping I'll have a car by the time I need to travel with them xP Right now they're just about to turn 9 months old. They're brothers from the same litter; I decided I wanted two from the beginning so that they can keep each other company while I'm away during the days.

I was browsing for cats for sale back in November on what is, essentially, the Swedish eBay (though on this site you can post ads for anything and everything, from pets to houses to jobs) and it just so happened that the breeder lived in the neighbouring town! I think that I decided there and then that I wanted them, haha. I brought them home after New Year's and even though it's been a long period of adjustment for both them and me, we're all finally settling down and coming to terms with that we're stuck with each other now They're such lovely cats with great temperaments. Aside from nibbling on every piece of loose clothing or plastic bag that happens to be lying around (which on the other hand means that my flat is 100% more tidy these days, haha), they're so well-behaved. I'm really quite impressed - you can tell they were raised well!

My family visited last weekend and brought their good camera, so I have some really nice pictures of them at last. Naturally I have to post some here, now that I can actually contribute to this thread

It's extremely difficult to photograph them both together, so I tried to bribe them with treats while my dad took the pictures, haha.

Ziggy.

Cassian (and Ziggy).

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awww they're so cute and fluffy! I googled Norwegian Forest Cats, and wow, they're huge! I guess that's like the closest one can be to owning a "big" cat. That's so awesome! x3

I'd love to have a cat again someday. I had one like 10 years ago and I'm kind of missing it, but recently I visited a friend's house with a cat and... I found out I'm allergic to it, I couldn't stop sneezing and having itchy eyes when I was around it I find it strange because I already had cats when I was younger. Maybe I'm just allergic to certain breeds? Or could I have acquired it somehow?

- Hamlet