Thanks Thanks:  13

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kossu, how has life been so far with your new puppy? That is such a happy news to get a new pet!

Unfortunately, I have sad news about our pet... Our cat Miss Kitty passed away around the end of May. She just ended up getting worse during the last couple weeks of her life, and we had her vet do tests on her to see if anything could be done for her. But all the results showed was that she anemic, and we were told we should start thinking of euthanasia. We knew three years ago she had a small tumor in her liver, so she did have cancer. We did feel lucky that we had her for an additional three years since we discovered that, but that last week of her life was really hard. Taking her to the vet to euthanize her was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. But it's something every pet owner will have to go through eventually. But Petteri couldn't go into the vet office with me when it was done because of covid-19, they were only allowing one person in for euthanasia, and I had to wear a mask. (I didn't mind wearing a mask, but I wish Petteri would have been allowed to come with me). Petteri was in the car outside, but still it was so hard. For a while after it was done, it was the first thing in my mind when I would go to bed, and when I would wake up in the morning. It was so sad. I guess it was a traumatic experience for me, even though euthanasia is a peaceful and painless way to go for an animal. Time passing had eventually made it easier for me, time does heal wounds, but I still miss her. I miss her cuddling with me. She loved to cuddle and lay on my arm, near my face. She was so soft and such a sweet kitty. I know that she had a long life and we took good care of her. But it's still always hard. But that is life. Her vet recently sent us a sympathy card, with some ink prints of her paw prints on some cards. That was so sweet. We also have an envelope with a little bit of her soft fur in it. At the time she was starting to be euthanized, I was asked if I should like a little bit of her fur, so I said yes. It's not on display yet, but I want to put it in a clear envelope. We put the paw prints near a framed picture of her in our living room, along with her collar and tag. She was a great kitty, and my family had her for 14 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sharifu; July 24th, 2020 at 11:41 PM.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art