Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Allergies can still appear after years of not having one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, allergies are one of those weird things that can pop up randomly. They usually don't go away once you have them, but they can pop up at any time.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Huh, I see...

Eh, I'm still getting a cat someday. There's gotta be a way to make it work, and if not, well... It'll still be worth it

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I believe there's allergy meds? Or even a special breed of cat.

Adam has a cat allergy. With some cats his eyes well up pretty bad, but when my cat with long hair sat next to him for half an hour, he was fine, haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aw, Kanu, they are so cute! Look at those fluffy faces.

Norwegian forest cats are amazing. It's the bad breeders one has to look out for though. I briefly owned a NF kitten a few years ago and it didn't end well...

And allergies can come and go...And with correct medication one might be able to control it. It depends I guess. And there are some breeds, like Russian Blue, Devon Rex and Siberian Forest cats(very similar to Norwegian Forest cats) that are claimed to be hypoallergenic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First up, long time no see :P

Secondly, Kanu, how did I never comment on your absolutely stunningly gorgeous kitties!! How are they?

Thirdly, we're getting a kitten!! Ok, so stall the excitement because we have at least a 5 month wait before there's one available, but I'm super excited. It's been in the works for a few weeks now, since Pat has been working for a few months we have spare money and are able to save up etc. So he suggested we get a cat, but not just any cat, my dream cat, a Somali: http://www.frontrangeabyssinianssoma..._Charger_2.jpg

So, me being a bit cat crazy that I am, I have been following a local breeder on facebook for years so instantly knew who to contact etc. So we've touched base with the breeder, and gotten approval from our landlord. I met the breeder and some of her cats at a cat show and all is going well from there. She's expecting litters in a few months and depending on how many/genders etc will determine whether there is one available for us. Then we'll get to bring our gorgeous kitty home at around 12 weeks of age I am beyond excited, the time can't go fast enough, I've been cat-less for five YEARS!!! The longest I've lived without cats before that is maybe one year... when I was four.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's so awesome Azerane! And that breed looks amazing! I'm sure it'll be good company to have around!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know, I can't wait! I've been doing tonnes of research about everything! Somewhat obsessively to the point that I'm dreaming about cats, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here are some pictures of Sputnik, a Roborovski hamster I adopted recently. He's super cute and incredibly fast.

Attachment 940 Attachment 942 Attachment 941

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK, you guys are the first to know!!! Ages ago I said we were getting a kitty. We've been talking with the breeder for 5-6 months and it worked out that there wasn't a tawny kitten available for us when she thought there would be. Her two tawny cats produced 2 tawny and 2 blue kittens. She's been breeding for 20 years and never had a blue so it was a big surprise. As a result, we were going to wait another 5-6 months from now to get the tawny that I wanted. I visited her and the kittens at a show today, they're 13 weeks old. She still had one blue girl available and I spent a long time cuddling her. She was delightful and was super settled with me. I ummed and ahh'd, came home, talked it out with Pat, then sent her an e-mail that I'd love to give the blue girl a home. I'm ringing her tomorrow to confirm all the details. But for now here she is. I'm so excited. Thank goodness I had already bought so many kitten things in my excitement, so we're not missing that much. Preparing the house will be the biggest challenge in the just under 2 week time frame. I need to clean out the spare room.

Phone pics aren't great.
    Pick me!
    Attachment 946

Couldn't get her head still.
    Attachment 947

This is her sister (left) and her tawny brother (as an example of the colour I wanted).
    Attachment 948

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Awww! The blue is so lovely though <3 In my cat daydreams I wanted a silver tabby, black or even a calico Norwegian, but here I am with two red and white harlequins. Sometimes they choose us I guess ;P

She looks wonderful. You must post more photos once she's home!

Also hide your shoestrings, is all I'm saying

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kossu, sorry I missed the pics of your hammy there, super cute We don't have hamsters here so it's always great to see pics.

Yes, it was sort of a compromise for my dream. I still have my heart set on a tawny Somali boy at some point. I've asked the breeder to keep us on her waiting list and see if we're in a position to add another when the time comes.

Shoelaces I'm not fussed about, but we have so many little bits and pieces just lying around that I need to clean up. In addition, I was originally going to get time off work when we expected our kitten, but because this is out of the blue and right before Christmas I can't get any time off. Which means I need to clean out the spare room so that it can be a kitten room while we're at work. I need to be able to supervise kitten, rabbit and parrot interactions for some time before I'm ok with leaving her out unattended. So we need the spare room for plenty of play space etc while she's shut in there. I'm hoping she settles in quick and we only need to shut her in for a week while I'm at work. Then maybe in the bedroom at night (haven't quite worked out the litter tray situation with that though), but I can't have her trying to play with Dory through the cage while she's trying to sleep, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been seeing the pics of your new kitty on Facebook, she's so adorable! I look forward to see more pics of her when she's finally at your home, and good luck with sorting out everything you need at your place

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would love to have a pet, but while I can't have one, let me show my aunt cat. I visited her last weekend (she lives in Rio de Janeiro), and I got surprised how big her cat is. He is just 1 year old!
    In this photo, he sat on my mother bag and didn't wanted to leave it.

Enviado de meu SM-J701MT usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know most of y'all have seen my new baby on Facebook, but I'll put him here too because he's just too cute.

This is Imhotep, my six month old Sphynx cat. My sister got him for me in April after I lost my 13 year old baby Kit-Kat in October. I was pretty lost and depressed so she decided to do something about it. I've always loved Sphynx cats, so she started looking and found this lovely boy for me. He is so amazing and I am grateful for him every single day.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love seeing your pictures of Imhotep on Facebook, he's so adorable! it's also interesting to see all the cat anatomy we normally can't see when they have fur. And hey, that's a cat I wouldn't be allergic to xD

I wonder, does he need some kind of special skin care? like whenever he's exposed to the sun or something (although I guess he's pretty much indoors all of the time)

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HasiraKali View Post
    I know most of y'all have seen my new baby on Facebook, but I'll put him here too because he's just too cute.

This is Imhotep, my six month old Sphynx cat. My sister got him for me in April after I lost my 13 year old baby Kit-Kat in October. I was pretty lost and depressed so she decided to do something about it. I've always loved Sphynx cats, so she started looking and found this lovely boy for me. He is so amazing and I am grateful for him every single day.

So cute

Enviado de meu Moto G (5S) Plus usando o Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nothing special really. He does get kind of dirty because he doesn't have fur to absorb the oils like furred cats do. So I give him baths when that happens. He can get sunburned, so we have to be careful with sitting in windows and when we go out. They don't make sunscreen for them unfortunately. Sphynx are strictly indoor kitties because of that.

They're also very clingy cats. He's always on my lap wanting snuggles. He's on me right now in his shark blanket, watching the rain from a safe distance

They're actually not hypoallergenic because they're not actually hairless. They have a very very fine and thin peachfuzz. You can really see Imhotep's when he's dirty, that's part of how I figure out when he needs a bath.

He feels like a freshly shaved leg, or really warm velvet if you're wondering

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @ThiagoPE; That's a really pretty cat! Looks very fluffy too.

And HasiraKali, your little guy is adorable! Are those cats related to the Devon Rex breed? His face really reminds me of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They are related to Devon Rex, yes. The breed was developed using Devon Rex and cats that were born with the recessive hairless gene. I know they've also used a lot of Siamese in the development of more recent lines.

I'm going to use Imhotep next Spring as an example when I teach the dominant and recessive section of my genetics unit.

*Team Night Sky*