Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Your Pets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fail because double-post. But it contains substantial information so

Basically what happened was, the breeder told me Bandit was a male, however when we went to the vet, the vet was sure that Bandit was a female (no dropped male bits). So today (since it's been about 5 days since the vet visit) I decided to have a go sexing Bandit myself. The first time I tried, his genitals looked like a boy's, but it's a long time since I've sexed a rabbit myself, so I wasn't 100% sure. This afternoon, I did a bunch of reading and research from pictures etc before giving it another go. I look at his bits again and this time I was sure he was a boy, out of curiosity I also had a poke around and managed to find one of his testicles (rabbits can tuck them up against their bellies), so that was a definite pro for the boy argument So Bandit, is 100% definitely a boy. Yay. Both because he's a boy like I wanted, but also because it means that I knew what I was looking at when I sexed him! Also neutering is $100 cheaper than spaying even after the vet told me Bandit was a girl, I found it very difficult to call him a her, so I hadn't switched over yet. Plus, it's good to finally just know.

In addition to all that, I apologise if it was too much information
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, I used to breed/raise/tame/train pet fancy mice for ages back in the day, and sexing the things was the WORST. You can guess, and then second guess, and then second guess again, and then GOD HELP YOU if you're wrong because by the time you *know* you're wrong there's a good chance you're already too late. (Forget what they say about rabbits, haha ) But you can't seperate them out individually either or their pecking order gets messed up and you might not ever be able to reintroduce them to each other without damage. It was a real uncertainty, and yeah, just feeling so elated that you were able to call it right, it's always such a nice little reassurance that you know what you're doing! XD Congrats on passing that test!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know about that.

I can't stand the fact, there are still 2 of the baby rabbits left, stupid seller *sigh*. (and 5 in total)
    To me, honestly, they are a hazzard.
    Kenny leaves notes for me to give them water and food, and to be honest, if he didn't, I wouldn't.
    Because I simply just forget
    The cages our outside, and I hardly go outside, so I just never see them, and occures to me there seem to be animals I need to feed.

Plants and animals are basicly not my favorite kind of things, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Plants and animals are two of my favourite kinds of things

Bandit went in to the vet for his desexing operation today, they also microchipped him and trimmed his nails for me. I rang up to see how it all went (very well apparently) and I get to pick him up in just over an hour, really excited

Have a picture:

And two more...
    When I accidentally left the washing machine door open - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psdcf84e16.jpg
    Relaxing on the lawn - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps6752cf32.jpg

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That is THE most handsome bunny I have ever seen. I am so jealous. He seems a little bit sassy from the photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, thanks =3 We'll see how sassy he is without his man parts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bandit is such a pretty rabbit! I hope he makes a good recovery, I'm sure he will. :3

Let's see what I have...

I turned on a documentary about big cats while I studied, my cats really enjoyed it.

This is Loki's preferred sleeping position. http://24.media.tumblr.com/4d25bc8eb...e9no1_1280.jpg

And in this one my cat yawned at me right as I was taking her pic. http://24.media.tumblr.com/b3e182e30...e9no1_1280.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're so cute watching TV, love the yawning pic too. I watched a DVD once called Australia, Land of Parrots. Our cat Sparks went absolutely crazy for it, she was reaching up at the tv, sitting in front of it meowing etc, I could hardly hear the documentary because of her. It was adorable though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh cool, you have a deer.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You can have a deer as a pet?
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    You can have a deer as a pet?
    If ya ask nicely.

Seriously, they're really nice to have around.

EDIT: ^ Thanks CGW for the comment.
    "If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awww, your deer obviously loves those face rubs What sweet pets though.

Hasira, love that your cats are watching that documentary. Sparks' favourite documentary is Australia: Land of Parrots

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    She's not ours, she's just a guest for the week, lol.

But, my sister-in-law might be looking for a new family for her, and Kenny seems to like her a lot ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She looks just like my brother's cat, Allegra

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kenny would like to keep her.
    And I've Always wanted another cat, but a ginger one, and a kitten, haha.

But she's very nice and all ..

BUT, she has a MAJOR shedding problem, it is INSANE!

I'm already not the best cleaner, and it takes a lot for me to actually start every Monday to clean the whole house, and this cat is just insane
    I'm surprised she still has fur!

I'm going nuts about it, I know they shed, but this is just too much, suddenly there's hair flying everywhere.

I don't remember my previous cat having this problem at all.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a lot of light colors on her, too, so the hair shows up on everything. She's really cute, though, I love callicos, and it sounds like she's a sweetie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, my sofa's are purple-ish / grey-ish, and now completely white on the bottoms, and the blanket on the sofa is red/brown, but not much left of the original colors, and she's not even been here for a week, lol.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have a question for the cat people among us, instead of making a new thread just for this

I have 2 woolen blankets (plaids?) and they are FILLED with cat hair.
    I've tried going over them with the vacuum cleaner on high, but it just won't get the hairs out of the blankets.

Any idea's on how I can get them hair-free before I can put them in the washing machine?

I have this thought if I throw them in the washing machine like this, all the hairs will turn into a huge hair-ball and then will obviously will be off the blankets, lol, or that might just be my imagination, haha.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Packing tape rolled sticky side out around your hand works for a good chunk of it. You can also use a window squeegee on some fabrics.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.