Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The only thing I don't like about Kovu...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i personally like to imagine what might have happened, but not assume. its fun to keep changing your mind about such things.

TUS, i love your sig!

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never really got in-depth to the heritages of the characters... Though, I always did consider Kovu Zira's son, with no relation to Scar. Guess it's a hardcore fan's thing... Myeh. I know TLK was aimed towards kids, but don't some lions in the wild mate with their cousins or stepsiblings or something? Or is my memory fuzzy?

Kovu's eye color seems fine to me... Stands out from all the dark colors of his pelt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think Kovu is Zira's son XP we have no idea what zira's parents, or kovus father and his parents looked like. So, Vitani may look like a grandparent. Also, i like the idea of zira having two cubs. real lions dont typically have just one o_O i mean it happens but not all the time (though im guilty of doing it with my own characters. otherwise my 'generations' would be bigger than it is now.

It's common for them to have more than one, sure, but it's not entirely guaranteed they'll have large litters, either, so one cub is no anamoly Survival rates for cubs are pretty rough, too, so it's not surprising if Kiara or Simba had siblings that died when they were younger.

Kovu being born in the pridelands throws everything off. age difference in Kiara and Kovu (then me thinking kopas in ther,e but thats a whol other story xP)

I like Kopa myself, but unless he's magically behind the scenes somewhere, it'd be impossible to fit him in. If he had died, it would've taken months for Nala to go back into a viable estrous, and two years if he was alive before she could have Kiara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I like Kopa myself, but unless he's magically behind the scenes somewhere, it'd be impossible to fit him in. If he had died, it would've taken months for Nala to go back into a viable estrous, and two years if he was alive before she could have Kiara."

Well, i have it all worked out. actually typing much of this in Generations *points to sig* but im no where near done

I think Zira killed Kopa. Not directly, not like she grabbed him and went rawr on his butt. But my theory is she knocked him off the cliff. More detail than that of course....but that way, Simba couldnt tie it to her, yet he did suspect her. If he KNEW she killed him, I think Simba would have killed her on the spot. instead he exiled her.

now lions... Nala would have been able to get pregnant soon after. not DIRECTLY but soon. Thats why if a new male takes over a pride, he kills all the cubs. though its part of it, its not just a 'the old leader fathered them' its more of "i want the lionesses to be in heat, and they wont with cubs" cause lionesses can choose when to go into heat. IF they have cubs, they will NOT go into heat again for another two years (around there...maybe less. theres a reason for this, but I'd need to read up on it more) but if the cub is killed, the lioness will soon feel the need to mate and have cubs again.

which is why Nuka's age makes so much sense next to Kovu and Vitani. he's grown into a teen, Zira was able to have more cubs. *shrug*

just expressing my views not trying to argue with anyone, just backing up my points X3

EDIT: Some people have the theory Kopa was born AFTER Kiara....which is possble. I dont go for that myself though X)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm. That is a pretty decent theory, and I've seen it scattered around some fanfics. It's only flaw is Zira's line about Kovu being the chosen heir. You could say Zira is lying, but then if Kovu had been born as late as you say, wouldn't Simba have known the truth and wouldn't have been so distrustful?

now lions... Nala would have been able to get pregnant soon after. not DIRECTLY but soon. Thats why if a new male takes over a pride, he kills all the cubs. though its part of it, its not just a 'the old leader fathered them' its more of "i want the lionesses to be in heat, and they wont with cubs" cause lionesses can choose when to go into heat. IF they have cubs, they will NOT go into heat again for another two years (around there...maybe less. theres a reason for this, but I'd need to read up on it more) but if the cub is killed, the lioness will soon feel the need to mate and have cubs again.

A female will go into heat, yes, but her estrous will not yield the potential for pregnancy until 6-9 cycle laters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A female will go into heat, yes, but her estrous will not yield the potential for pregnancy until 6-9 cycle laters."

Ah okay then (: Then its a good thing TLK world is............fiction. But yes, good to know for future refrence

Simba learns from Zira that kovu was chosen to be king. I think Scar did tell Zira to have another child, to have revenge on him. and I think Zira, after joining the outlanders, found a lion that reminded her of Scar in looks. Dark body and mane. Ziras mind gets messed up, so I could see how shed automaticaly think "Scar must have sent him!" ya know?

Who knows though. its all theory. I dont even know if Disney knows