Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only thing I don't like about Kovu...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only thing I don't like about Kovu...

His eyes...they just look freaky with dark green and dark yellow against a dark coat....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, yeah I know what you mean, something that annoyed me a bit about Kovu in SP is that I think he turned too quickly on his own pride.
    Plus when Zira hits him a scar won't form that quickly, I understand it's a disney film but really he shouldn't be able to open his eye and it should be quite bloody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The eyes just bothered me...If they had been blue I wouldn't have minded, but green and yellow just don't match...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL xD See, Nuka doesn't have this problem, that's cause he's supposed to look odd and stand out. Poor termite can't get a break =P xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aaww, porr Nuka. I see what you mean about Kovu's eyes, i find that especially true in night scenes but in the day it's not too bad.

Personally i think they should've kept with the whole white eye background for night scenes like in (most of) the first film. But hey, that's life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see nothing wrong lol look good to me
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The eyes don't really bother me much. Kovu looks good the way he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks ok ta me!

But I do see what you mean by scary.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovu's eyes dont bother me , they look good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yep, Kovu's eyes are okay.... i think Scar's eye color is more weird

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    I think he looks very cool !
    Haha, yes indeed. His looks were his only good quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's my banner.
    But it is kinda odd if ya think it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, it wasn't the banner, I've always thought that. It just seems kinda weird....but hey, that's just me.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    there is nothing what annoies me in TLK's charracters are great... and well I couldn't make them better so... those will do perfectly

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I never had a problem with Kovu's appearance until everyone started thinking he was Scar's son. I get irked whenever people can't distinguish between their manes and pelts. As far as his eyes go, I think they?re cute. I?m glad the animators did not design them to be similar to Scar?s eyes.

If the animators were to change anything about Kovu, I wish they?d make his mane a lighter brown color instead of being dark brown so that it wouldn?t look so black in color. It wouldn?t have to be a drastically lighter dark brown but light enough to tell it was not black and dark enough so that it would not blend in with his fur. :kovusmile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think in the original script kovu was supposed to be scar's son, thats why they designed him to resemble him. i personally dont think they look that much similar either, but i guess to regular non-tlkholic people he might resemble scar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, you're right, jannali, in the original Simba's Pride script Kovu was Scar's son. However, the production crew soon realized this would be incest (Kiara and Kovu would be cousins) and did a very sloppy job of trying to make it so that at every point possible Kovu's parentage was denied.

I like to think Zira -is- Kovu's mother, and Kovu's father was just a rogue. The problem with Disney is that offspring always have to look like one of the parents (Kopa automatically comes to mind). Kiara, however, actually looked like neither Simba nor Nala, perhaps the first cub not to be a carbon copy of a parent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    kiara looked to me alot like sarabi *shrug* dunno hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the only think i like about kovu is his facial expressions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kovu's facial expressions are particularly cute, especially when he's smirking with one eye narrowed and the other raised smugly, as in this picture.

The picture above comes from this website. I take no credit for it.

I don't think Kiara looks a thing like Sarabi.