Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Father of the Pride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Father of the Pride

Just saw an advert on the telly for a new cartoon series on NBC called "Father of the Pride".

What Is It?: "Father of the Pride" is a new family comedy series that centers on a pride of white lions that perform in the world-famous Las Vegas act of Siegfried & Roy that will debut in the fall of 2004. It is the first computer-generated-imaging (CGI) primetime series for a major broadcast network.

Who's In The Cast?: John Goodman (?Roseanne,?) Orlando Jones (?Magnolia,?) Emmy winner Carl Reiner (?The Dick Van Dyke Show?) and Cheryl Hines (?Curb Your Enthusiasm?) star in "Father of the Pride."

Goodman will play Larry, a hard-working white lion in the revue while Hines will portray his wife Kate, a white lioness. Reiner will be Sarmoti, another white lion who is Kate?s father, who clashes with Larry on every subject imaginable. Jones? character is Snack, a mischievous gopher and Larry?s best friend.

Siegfried and Roy? Really?: CGI versions of Siegfried & Roy will also be featured in the series. The popular duo?s current Las Vegas production is the longest-running and most-famous act on or near the Strip, and each show has sold out during an 11-year run. The world-renowned spectacle is filled with elaborate sets, costumes, eye-popping illusions and a cast of live exotic animals.

Who Created It?: NBC and DreamWorks Television.

What's The Big Deal?: Goodman, Jones, Reiner and Hines will lend their talents to the half-hour series that will incorporate much of the cheeky, edgy and ironic humor that proved so popular in the DreamWorks smash hit ?Shrek.? Plus, it's the most expensive animated show ever made.

Image:

hmmm.. I dunno!! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hope it will come out in Sweden..looks like something to look at when your lazying infront of the TV :E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    mmmm..... don't think i'll see it...... maybe.. if i land on it while flipping through channels someday..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looking interesting
    if it ever comes to Aus, i will definately take a look
    whether or not i will like it is another question, we will just have to wait and see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting! Yet disgusting all at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm interested in seeing what that is like. I'll watch it if it ever comes out here. I think it doesn't look all that good, but obviously i can't be sure what its like until i see it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmm. That's a rather odd look for an anthro lion. Nevertheless, I'll have to check it out to satiate my curiosity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh... I thought they meant CG as in more realistic. I thought it would also be a more serious show until I saw the cast...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will check it out, after all J. Goodman is good as a voice actor and it could be funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Father of the Pride Discussion/Animations/Pics

Hey guys, I've been gone for many months, and kinda forgotten about this great forum. It was only when I wanted to talk about some lion related stuff did I remember Lea Halalela. Took me a long time to find this site, since I lost the original favorite link as this is a new computer. Nice to be back. Might not post that often though, will just be hanging around.

Anyway, I'm sure some of you have heard about this Dreamworks Animated Series called Father of the Pride. In short, it's about this family of white lions that perform in Siegfried and Roy's Magic Show and their lives.

I just fell in love with it after watching the first episode, and subsequently watched the rest, till episode 11. The animals, especially the lions, are so well animated and voiced, it's a pleasure to watch them anytime. It's adult in nature, but not overly so and I feel teenagers and older folk shouldn't have any problems with the sometimes crude jokes.
    It's hilarious too, at certain parts. My favourite is the Catnip one, Episode 3. You have to watch it to see how funny it is.

:mad: :vitgrr: However, NBC has decided to stop airing show, which is such a pity! That was my favorite show on TV.

I've made some animations using content from the show, would love some feedback. Plan to make more after my exams are over, in about 2 weeks time.

Will post some animated smileys I made later on. They will be small in size, unlike the ones below.

Cute hunter(white lion cub pleading on father's belly)(556kb):

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_a...r_cute_big.gif

An animation I made to tease a friend of mine(2.97mb):

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_a...e_spoof_bh.gif

The beautiful white tigress, Victoria, giving a hug(1.51mb):

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/fotp_a...ctoria_hug.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    None of the animations work for me...

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    aye, i miss that show, watched it every tuesday <sniff sniff> i hope a DVD comes out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's never been put on TV yet...at least up to now.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TakaTiger
    aye, i miss that show, watched it every tuesday <sniff sniff> i hope a DVD comes out
    Supposedly there will be

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002832.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man I loved that show! I was so upset when i found out it was getting cancelled

None of those animations work for me... i can never see anything on angelfire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awww, all the way in thanksgiving... oh well, at least it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Angelfire = BAD!!!!

I'm trying to figure out why anyone still uses it >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Angelfire is so crap that it doesn't even allow hotlinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, I can see now. Nice animations and welcome back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great animations!!!!