Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wisdom teeth

Just a quick question for you lot; how old were you when you first started growing your wisdom teeth? I'm asking this because over the past few days, I've started feeling sore around the back of my mouth and whenever I poke that area with my tongue or something it feels pretty hard, so I'm curious as to whether my wisdom teeth are in fact growing. xP

I read something up that wisdom teeth usually occur around the ages 16-24 and I'm almost 18 now, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were in fact my wisdom teeth.

If you guys can help me out, then that's great. ^^

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was on my early 18's when I first started feeling my wisdom tooth braking my gum... the next two broke the gum about 2 years later and once I had the first one pulled out it showed in x-ray that I don't have the fourth one. I had my first one pulled out about a year and a half ago and the second one was April I think... recovering was really painful from the second time as they had to stitch one of the place with 4 stitches because... so I couldn't open my mouth even an inch the first week before the stitches were out, but now I'm glad they our out because there wasn't really room in my mouth for mine.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh... about 24 for me. They really didn't hurt growing in. But one of my sisters had hers coming through crooked, which I can imagine was very painful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hah, I still have mine in... they cause occasional pain, and have actually grown in horizontally. I think they'll come out this summer, hmmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i can see mine now and im 20. My dentist said some week ago she could see them last year when i was 18, 19, but during the year i was 19 i felt them growing a lot. Right now i dont feel them but they're still growing cuz they're not completely visible. I can say they're annoying as food easily get stuck behind now and its hard to take away from in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When my wisdom teeth came through, it cracked the neighbour tooth into quarters somhow, destist suspected it was already decayed (forgot to brush my back teeth properly for ages)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Mine came in my junior year at college. I had them pulled. I'm a freak though because I didn't have the huge down time afterwards that most people have. They pulled them just like any other tooth and I went to class the next day.

When I was sixteen, I had sinus polyps removed and had to have xrays of my face. On the lateral views, you could see my wisdom teeth still up in my jaw. It was awesome.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mine haven't actually started growing yet, but I know they're there, beneath my gums... Hopefully they'll stay there, wisdom teeth seem troublesome :Perks:

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm definitely not looking forward to growing my wisdom teeth.

I've had teeth taken out before, so if I did have to have them taken out or whatever it won't be anything new...but I'm still not looking forward to the pain. It seems sore enough now, and they haven't even come through yet. At least I don't feel anything, it just feels hard and sore. x_x

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You might just want to go to the dentist to see what he/she says.

Mine actually didn't hurt until they'd already broken the gum and were pushing my other teeth around. The other teeth hurt more than anything.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i thought it kinda felt like when you get these holes in teeth. It wasnt that bad, but for a while i thought i had to go to dentist and fix some tooth because it was broken or so but my boss said it was prolly the wisdom teeth coming out so then i didnt worry more, but it was the same feeling (then i have never had an emergency hole hurting like hell, but the ones that is on their way can be a bit painful)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually started growing them when I was about 15. So I guess I was real early in that sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also started growing mine when I was around 15. I was early, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, I'm 14 and mine are already grown in. Just lucky I guess. I have to get them pulled this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've had mine since I was about 14 years old...had to have one removed when I was 13 due to it growing in side ways. So I have three wisdom teeth now...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    17 - 18.

Still not all out though. 1 is comming out since a few weeks, and I'm 24 now.

But they so desperetly have to get out :s

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have all 4 of mine by i was 20, and so far so good *knock wood* the dentist just said to keep'em flossed and brushed and I should be good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I must be one of the lucky few also. Only went though 2-3 days of pain when I was 18. They grew in pretty well and didn't have to be removed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine are just starting to come through. I was in pain last year because of them and my back gums were swollen but one has only just started coming through these last two months. :shrug: They haven't bothered me that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine were never removed, and they were painful coming out. It lasted for months, from what I can remember of it...

Blegh.