Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lion King on blu-ray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fair enough, if theres games in that list people actually want to play fair enough. Good Japanese games badly converted into english aren't my thing, same with subbed Naruto over dubbed. FFXIII would be the only thing there thats actually slightly appealing to me.

Originally posted by shadow
    and lets not forget that most 360 games will hit the pcs...not very exlusive if ya ask me sense almost everyone ps3 owners or not has a pc
    Yeah, and most PS3 games will also hit PCs. So... yeah, both PS3 and XBox360 games (some of them) will hit PCs. Why not just spec out the PC than get a consul at all? Apart from the (very) few exclusive games to both, the PC gets the best of both worlds.

Eh, one can't say "PS3 is better than 360" without knowing the facts about the PS3 in the first place. Its like saying "My TV is better than your TV" without knowing the pixel count or dimensions or whatever. You can't compare without knowing specifics.

Simba '04 - If you have more specific details about the PS3 that you know through playing it (or simply knowing a hell of a lot about it) poke me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I personally own a Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360 and the 40GB PS3, so I have a taste of both worlds

from personal game play to be honest with you I really have not compared them as much as I thought I would have. If you are looking for a gaming system right now, I say 360 all the way, if you are looking for a gaming system in like 3 months from now, PS3 would be the way to go. The price drop should be happening soon as if it was not cheap enough as it is.

ehh, lets see...hmmm.......*thinking* well I can put it this way, Halo 3 rules and it is exclusive to 360 all though that will no longer be true by the end of the year now that Bungie broke off from Microsoft. Comparing a racing game side by side, PS3 wins hands down graphic wise, controller wise I would have to put 360 at top just because the controller is soooo easy to use, but Sony is releasing its new PS3 controller which should be much better. idk...you will have to give me a couple months before I can give you some really good reviews between the two. PS3 I don't even own any games for it but I have downloaded a TON of demos on it and that is how I know how the system plays. GT HD is a lot of fun . 360 I own a few games and it is a really good system. My main and really only reason for purchasing the PS3 was for the blu-ray capability, no other reason at the time convinced me to buy something else. But with the new games coming out this year I definitely will be buying some for it, particulary GT5 Prologue. I can't beleive it is coming out next month, if you want to see what the PS3 can do at its full potential, that is the game to get. The PS3 is using 7 processors vs 360 is using 3, PS3 uses a SATA HDD vs 360 uses a solid state HDD (cool but too expensive). The life span of a PS3 is far greater than a 360 and if anything happened to it, the PS3 has a quicker warranty return rate. PS3 has bluetooth built into it so you don't have to buy some special adapter to have a wireless headset. The controller feels like a feather it is sooo light. You can choose your own operating system for the PS3 and use it as a computer ( I used it to watch youtube videos one night, hahaha ). Does not cost anything to play online vs 360 you have to have a subscription. The 40GB version is not backwards compatible with PS2 games, you have to get the new 120gb one for that, at least I think the new one is 120, might be 160gb. umm....I haven't used the media controls on it yet but I will be shortly considering that I just put a ton of my movies and tv shows onto my pc hard drive. 360 when you play a zune movie through the 360 on the tv it looks horrible, I'm dissapointed .

sorry I can not give you much details, my new job really doesn't allow me to have the free time to play video games anymore, at least not for now until the busy season is over.

edit: I just saw that you also mentioned about what I knew of the system besides playing it (sorry I worked a 13 hour shift today)
    give me some questions and I'll be more than happy to answer them, right now my mind is kind of "bla" and I don't know what else to say other than going off for a few pages about the system...best part about what I know of the PS3 is that a Sony PS3 rep came into a gamestop one night while I was there (when I worked at RadioShack right next door I would always go over to gamestop and was good friends with the employees there) he started going off about the PS3 and what not and so of course with the personality that I have, I asked him some blunt questions about the system and he couldn't answer even one of them , sooooo much fun messing with reps from a company, they think I'm stupid because I work(ed) at a retail store, hahahahahahahaha!!! best one was when I saw a Canon rep. at Circuit City, did the same with her asking her questions about the new 40D and she couldn't answer any of my questions and I had to brief her on the camera

I'm such a technology nerd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a 40gb PS3 for the occasion. Now all I need is a HD-TV, and of course, the actual DVD itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    March will be a good time to get a TV and the TLK blu-ray does not have a release date yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those who are interested, there seems to be almost an accurate release date for TLK on Blu-Ray. It was speculated that the Brazilian branch of Buena Vista has released some information on the future of the Platinum editions. I don't know if anyone knows, but this fall, the very first Platinum Blu-Ray release will be available alongside a regular DVD -> Sleeping Beauty. It will mark the first appereance of the popular line of Platinums of the hi-def format; which will include a pristine hi-def transfer and up to 7.1 surround sound.
    Originally Disney released planned a Platinum line...which consists of 10 titles (their 10 greatest animated titles [this was changed..I'll explain later])..and all would be Blu-Ray releases. So Here we have the current Platinum line that was released on DVD starting in 2001 with..
    1- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (Fall 2001)
    2- Beauty and the Beast (Fall 2002)
    3- Lion King (Fall 2003)
    4- Aladdin (Fall 2004)
    5- Bambi (March 2005)--> Bambi was the first Platinum to be released during the spring...due to the fact that Disney thought they should speed up their platinum line... decided on releasing 2 Platinums per year starting this year.
    6- Cinderella (Fall 2005)
    7- Lady and the Tramp (Spring 2006)
    9- Little Mermaid (Fall 2006)
    10- Peter Pan (Spring 2007) <--was added to the Platinum line, this release was a last minute shocker.
    11- Jungle Book (Fall 2007)
    12- 101 Dalmatians (Spring 2006)
    13- Sleeping Beauty (Fall 2008)
    Now with the release of 101 Dalmatians around the corner, people have gotten copies of it early, and like every Platinum, it confirms one or two future titles for the platinum line. Confirmimg the first ever Blu-Ray Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio for Spring 2009.

Now, let's back track and take a look at what the Brazilian branch Buena Vista leaked as the future Platinum line..

So, after "Sleeping Beauty" we're getting "Pinocchio" and "Snow White" in 2009, "Fantasia" and "Beauty and the Beast" in 2010 and "Alice" and "The Lion King" in 2011.
    Mind you, this was leaked last year, therefore there was no real proof of a release for Pinocchio until the Spring Platinum in 2008. So far so good, the image is accurate... Pinocchio was confirmed..take a look at the 101 Dalmation booklet ...

(Sorry, it's brazilian..but it's readable lol, don't worry the Platinum line doesn't change according to region is all the same.)
    According to Buena Vista...Aladdin is not as popular as they thought (it was its poorest performer out of the who line) so it's being replaced by Alice in Wonderland...and apparently Pinocchio, Fantasia, and Sleeping Beauty were added last minute along with Peter Pan since 101 Dalmatians was supposed to be the last Platinum... making a total of 14 titles. =)
    Now this is just speculation, and it seems pretty accurate...and it makes sense. Notice the Fall release pattern (matching the current DVDs released before) starting with Snow White, B&TB, TLK etc.... with the March releases being added.
    So Folks.... Lion King seems to be coming to you in its Blu-Ray hi-def glory in Fall 2011...I know seems pretty far...but I'd bet it'll be worth it =)))).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm impressed, you have done your homework

you might be right, I've heard it is coming out this fall on Blu, but with the war over and there isn't any competition anymore we will just have to wait and see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, I may just be persuaded over to the blu side if I see The Little Mermaid in blu and its good.
    The most artistic movie eva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    disney sided with Blu-Ray anyway, so it was pretty damn clear it was gonna be released on Blu-Ray anyway
    i just want the damn release date now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have already e-mailed them and they sent me an e-mail back saying that there is no date for it yet. I'm hoping this year but it could still be a few years as lolopimp pointed out