Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Watership Down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no way, it never dawned on me before that it's a real place
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely gorgeous images. I'm so glad to see that it's still there and hasn't been developed as was proposed a couple of years ago. I must say that I am very jealous!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's a really nice place, you should try paying it a visit. ;-)

Watership Down is owned by a private person (afair), so it cannot not be "destroyed" in that sense. What you mean is I think the new extensive building plans for Newbury, which will most likely include the old Sandleford home, so maybe Fiver's vision actually becomes real. :-/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but maybe some are interesting in this:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...oOh3xbOecRB14Q

The BBC may produce a new series of Watership Down like the one from 1999, which was not very successful, though. But I admit I liked it very much, in spite of their flaws. I hope this time they start the series at the beginning and not in the middle of events, which I think confused many people.
    For some time there were also some rumors about a new CGI remake of the movie, but you can hardly find any information anymore, so maybe they replaced it with this series. However it still needs to be confirmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think a CGI Watership Down would have been bad I do remember rumors of that a long time ago though. As for the series, I just accepted it for what it was, it was a typical kids series with overdone voice acting, poor animation and badly designed bunnies, that being said, I did enjoy a lot of aspects about the series, and Campion is one of my favourite series characters. This is the first news I've heard of a new series, and it sounds more like adapting the film story into a series, although I'd prefer they used the book.

It's a tough thing to do though, because most cartoon tv series are associated with kids, but WD isn't really a kids story, so who knows how they'll target it if it does end up being made.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There is finally some news on the CGI remake:
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cgi/bbc-p...-2-110217.html

But they are spreading so many small snippets about this remake, that I start doubting that we will ever see something. With the new technology there is of course potential for an worth-watching relaunch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "BBC Plans To Improve ‘Watership Down’ With CGI"

Oh my god, that headline. Makes my blood boil. CGI does not equal improvement! If the entertainment industry could get this through their thick skulls soon I would be quite pleased >_>

On the topic itself though, I'm really not sure if I would be interested in a remake - it wouldn't be nearly as dark as the original, that I am certain of.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have decided that every time one of these remake things surface & loom, that I am just going to ignore it and pretend it isn't there, because half of them I've heard of have disappeared into nothing as they aught.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see why we need a 3d remake in the first place? I find that the original movie is generally critically acclaim, have a wonderful animation and have a cult following. I don't know why do we need to spoil it.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No it's getting really serious and official:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...p-down-casting

The remake will be a co-production between BBC and Netflix consisting of 4x 60 minutes long episodes. When they more stick to the storyline of the book and the CGI animation is acceptable, I don't see why it can't become very popular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    No it's getting really serious and official:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...p-down-casting

The remake will be a co-production between BBC and Netflix consisting of 4x 60 minutes long episodes. When they more stick to the storyline of the book and the CGI animation is acceptable, I don't see why it can't become very popular.
    Yes, I started a new thread on that here about a week ago: http://leahalalela.net/showthread.ph...own-miniseries!

Very exciting

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's a beautiful picture!

I have yet to see this ... I really should. Starting to get really intregued with what it really is.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Richard Adams, author of Watership Down passed away a few days ago on Christmas Eve. He was 96. Super sad, he was such an inspiration.

"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His daughter's statement was so sweet, I teared up a little at work. R.I.P. Richard Adams, you were truly an inspiration that sometimes a person's life work can come later in life from humble beginnings. You created a world so many people needed and took to, I always felt it as rich and detailed as JRR Tolkien's. Thank you.