Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watership Down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ive never seen it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Azerane: Yeah, the DVD is worth it I got it for less ($22 AU) than I bought the VHS years ago and it has a movie length commentary with it thats pretty interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been looking around at prices of the DVD and I haven't find it any cheaper than $27, I thought it might be a bit less than that because it's an older animated movie but it's obviously not the case. I shall have to watch the movie with the commentary when I get it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is this an American animated movie? I have heard about it through Timali because she thought it was a good movie. But other then that I have never heard of it. I am curious though and would like to see it.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's British.. but don't quote me on that..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's British but I'm pretty sure the director is American...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never got to see the actual movie, but i used to watch the tv show when I was younger.

My dad says the movie's pretty good, and i really wanna see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's one Watership fan, though I don't think it's any news. Sharifu already mentioned I liked the movie.
    I love the movie, the book and the sequel to book. I'm curious about the animated series (which I haven't seen), but a little doubtful because the bunnies look too cute.

I'd wish to see "Plaguedogs" movie from the same team (and also based on Richard Adams' book), but haven't seen it anywhere. I've also heard the DVD they're selling contains some sort of cut version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't read the sequel to the book unfortunatly but I've seen 2 of the series episodes and a large number of video clips from www.thankustars.co.uk and the official website when it was still around.

IMO the series is pretty good They haven't "kidified" it too much, it's still shares the same themes as the movie.

The first episode is abit of a let down though seeming as they finish the journey to the down all in that 30 mins

The Plague Dogs sounds good too (but also very depressing ) Haven't heard about the cut version, sounds interesting

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hmm.. I guess I have never even heard about that movie
    yeah I haven't... but sounds interesting.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't heard about the cut version, sounds interesting
    I mean the DVD doesn't contain the original version; some lines and stuff have been removed from it (which many Plague dogs fans don't like at all).

I read that book, too, and I liked it quite a lot. But I know there are pretty dramatic differences between the book and film, and that the film should be a lot more depressing. I'm very curious to see it, though.

Back to topic. I've seen some videoclips of the Watership Down series on that website, too. The clips did look quite good, but I'm still unsecure about buying DVDs of the series. Maybe I should buy at least one to check out if I'd like them. Hmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mean the DVD doesn't contain the original version; some lines and stuff have been removed from it (which many Plague dogs fans don't like at all).
    Oh! ok Man it's annoying when films get edited for DVD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Timali

I love the movie, the book and the sequel to book. I'm curious about the
    Um... just a question about the sequel to the book. I have read a book called Tales from Watership Down, is that what you're talking about? Because I have read that and it's great. If it's not what you mean then what's the book called?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, that one. I didn't remember its name, so I didn't mention it in my post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok cool, thanks. I'll have to try and find that somewhere so that I can buy it, I've only seen it at the library

EDIT: Oh and I bought the DVD yesterday *jumps up and down with joy* haven't had a chance to watch it yet though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool Just a odd question I must ask, is the cover of the DVD really compressed by JPG smears? Mine is so I'm just wondering about its genuine , the others in the shops seem to be, its just really odd how bad the quality of the cover art is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've read the book and seen the movie. Of course I like the book better, and I did some fanart some years ago I should scan for the benefit of rabid WD fans like you va-kasi^^ One thing I like about the movie is that they aren't afraid to show blood when the characters are injured

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool Theres a small fanart section as part of http://www.thankustars.co.uk if you want to post it to the WD community I've posted abit there as well as Scape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here's a nice little site that has some info on the Plague Dogs..

http://www.plaguedogs.homestead.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by va-kasi
    Cool Just a odd question I must ask, is the cover of the DVD really compressed by JPG smears? Mine is so I'm just wondering about its genuine , the others in the shops seem to be, its just really odd how bad the quality of the cover art is.
    Yes mine is also covered with those icky smears. I had wondered about it too but I'd just left it to the fact that the movie was quite old, but I'm not sure how much difference that would make. The printing on the actual DVD though is very clear though so that would lead me to think that it was genuine, so yeah.