Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TLK Fandom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had forgot to mention that it was a really cool Simba background.. my bad.. so I was in an ill mood toward him after that!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Hehe, I am incredibly nervous in real life, so it probably is the first. But I try to be poliet anyway.
    Poliet is good,one must know ones limit!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    whats the fun in that!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nephilim, you sound a bit like me. I'm always polite to people i've never met before, like sales people and stuff, even when they start to annoy me. I guess I just dont have the guts to stand up to them. But then again, i think if it was a serious situation i would. Generally, when i need to do something, i do it.

When i first changed my wallpaper from gollum to TLK (after realising TLK is the best movie of all time), my brother saw it and commented "Err, The Lion King?!" as though it was a little bit strange to have that for a wallpaper. But he hasn't given me any more trouble about it, which is good. He knows i bought the soundtrack too, but doesn't seem to care. But if a stranger insulted me like they did you LKD, i'd talk right back to them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ooh... sales-people are fun... im polite, i just say no... and then when they keep going, i say... "no thank you" in an incredibly annoyed fashion before saying "do you know what the word no means? obviously not... but still, you'd know if you'd ever finished college" but that one doesnt work if theyre like... a little kid or something

anyway back on topic:
    most of my friends know that i like TLK, but only 3 know *ahem* the the complexities in their unabridged form. i have only informed a select few of my closest friends of the apex of worship i have for TLK.
    *coughs several times, leaving "smart" mode*

*takes some asprin and prepares for more speech giving*
    anyway... two of the afore mentioned friends, who are both girls, are fans of TLK as well, but in a much less complex manner
    *eye starts twitching*
    ok so anyway my third friend... dislikes TLK... a lot =(, which is unfortunate. sometimes he really gets to me...
    one day he walked into my first period class, before school started, and just says... hey, whats up simba, dont forget to take your place in today's circle of life... and i was really mad , but did nothing, but later i got a new TLK sn on AIM just to make him madder

anyway... most of my other friends just accept me for who i am and dont really care what i like... in fact, lots of people (my parents and sisters included) call me Simba ... and that makes me feel... a lot better than it does when it comes from... certain people... (and all the school bullies)

but anyway... my TLK fanaticism is mostly accepted... most of the time and that's definitely good... but there are definitely people i would want to avoid and IMO, going into a store to buy TLK stuff is not my idea of the funnest thing to do, but hey... if they give me a hard time about it, ill put it in their face and get on amazon.com... hehe

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent reply King Simba! Very interesting

You should feel happy that most people you know, know that you like TLK (...weird sentence...) It's great that most of your friends, and your family, don't mind that you like it. And don't worry about the person who gives you a hard time about it, because there will always be a moronic bully who wants to bring you down (and yes i know that statement is extremely cliche, but that's because it's true!). Just remember, they are usually hiding some kind of inadequacy of their own - like they have family troubles or are in denial about something...or they are just plain morons, which is often the case

Actually this reminds me of something that i wanted to talk about. The other day i had to sit my mid year chemistry exam for my final year in college (high school) and, even though i had studied sooo much, i found it very hard. The questions were almost like they were a whole level up in difficulty from what last years questions were, and the year before. Anyway i was quite upset, because i feel that i need to get outstanding results, that's so important to me. And i feel its likely that i didn't go so well. So at the dinner table i bring up the fact, and all my family ultimately did was make me feel dumb for finding chemistry difficult, as though its an easy subject - although before this exam i found chemistry quite understandable and possible to figure out. But the exam was

Anyway, my family doing that made me feel really frustrated and unhappy. I've kind of resolved now, as i should have done ages ago, to not talk to them about anything important to me. It never helps, they always just make me feel bad - they don't seem to realize i have feelings. :woeisme:

So my point is i won't be telling my family about my TLK addiction. But then if i did they might take me to see TLKoB (except not on broadway, in sydney!!). Oh, the indecision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats quite a predicament you got there
    I guess you could always ask to go to TLKoB without actually telling your family you got a TLK addiction,
    or you could always go on your own if they dont want to go with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the advice!

I have asked them to take me before, and they seriously considered it before finally deciding it would be too expensive (i'm from melbourne you see)

If i keep nagging at them, they'll be like: why do you wanna see it so much? And i know they probly still wouldn't take me

And they would never let me go on my own

Oh well. They said if it comes to Melbourne we'll definitely go to see it. I can't find any info regarding that. Do you think it will Simba_TLK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it might, but i dont think it will in the near future
    from what ive heard it is going to be staying here in Sydney for a fair while. I guess it will be very hard to move the whole set and everything.

also on the TLKoB Sydney Website they are planning auditions for the next set of cast members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck on that Mabatu *hugs* I know EXACTLY how you feel, seems are families are very much alike *hugs again*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simba_TLK
    it might, but i dont think it will in the near future
    from what ive heard it is going to be staying here in Sydney for a fair while. I guess it will be very hard to move the whole set and everything.

also on the TLKoB Sydney Website they are planning auditions for the next set of cast members.
    That is what i feared would be the truth. I read somewhere that it cost millions to move Beauty and the Beast to melbourne (which i saw with Hugh Jackman as Gaston - now that he's a celebrity i feel pround about that!), and TLK sets and stuff is a lot more complicated than beauty and the beast. *sigh* Oh well i'll just have to nag at them a bit, maybe they will take me for my birthday - heck, i'll even pay my fare and stuff! Hmm, maybe i could become a cast member

Originally posted by Nuka
    Good luck on that Mabatu *hugs* I know EXACTLY how you feel, seems are families are very much alike *hugs again*
    Really? Wow, thankyou Nuka! It's nice to know others can relate to what i'm saying. Thankyou

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mabatu
    Hmm, maybe i could become a cast member
    OMG! i want to be a cast member! that would be FUN!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    being a cast member would be fun
    but i have to face facts that:
    1. I cant act
    2. I cant sing

two of the main aspects they are looking for
    facing reality tends to suck at times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. I cant act
    2. I cant sing

i am in exactly the same boat with you there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1. I cant act
    2. I cant sing

i thought it was the same with me, but im a fair actor... i couldve been on the voice cast for TLK and done a good job... hehe (and i was just the right age to have done young Kovu )

I can sing... fairly well... but i need accompaniment... i can't sing as well alone, because then i can't get exactly on a pitch... maybe i should practice more

*grabs a couple TLK CDs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We should start our own.. thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol... if by 'thing' you mean TLK show-type-thing then: YEAH YEAH LETS DO IT YEAH

if thats not what you mean, enlighten me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My friends seem indifferent to me being a TLK fan, but my family thinks I am wierd. I only know one other TLK fan personly and he is no where nearly obseesed as I am. But I hardly ever see him.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My current friends accept me for who i am, but i have that odd feeling that my old friends(from my old school) think i'm a little bit bizarre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't really told anyone about it since I was made fun of for it when I was younger. People tended to think Disney was just for kids - so wrong!