Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TLK Fandom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question TLK Fandom?

I assume most of you are on this forum because of your extreme fondness of The Lion King

from what i read, most of you are in high-school or uni, so i was just wondering how have your non-TLK fan friends reacted about it?

well the thing with me was that with my first high-school i told most of my friends about it, as expected most of which though i was a bit weird and as all good friends do, they make fun of you
    now 3 years later i dont talk to most of them anymore.
    doesnt bother me, well ive always thought that, if they are truely your friend they wont make fun of you and respect that this is what you like.
    so that has limited my friends from High-school to about 3 , but i consider them true friends so thats good

so i changed school (unrelated reason) and at my new high-school i was VERY careful about who i told.
    and now at uni, i have told none of my friends about it

so what is everyone else's experience relating to this topic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of my friends appreciate the film and enjoy it, not as obsessively as me though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my best friends thing's drawing itself is annoying, so i guess that doens't count

One of my other best friends likes the idea cuz she appreciates all kinds of art, and we both love cartoons & TLK. I've got her into practicing tlk now

My other friend doesn't really care as long as he thinks it's 'cool' looking. Just stick sum markings on a tiger or lion, some funky hair (lol like i like to do) but yeah...he's fine with it.

Other people walk up to me & go "ooh, is that Simba!" or something like that even if i'm drawing one of my definitely NOT simba TLK-based chars i think it's funny.

So far I haven't really run into people making fun of me (in a serious way..if that makes sense) altho i did have one Freshman kid say "what? are you gonna just keep drawing lions until they make another LionKing movie???" But there are enough people that appreciate what I do for the artistic quality rather than the subject matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I havn't had much of a bad experience with the whole mocking side of things. I've only told my closest mates that it's my favorite film and they don't care because it's one they like aswell, which is nice.

But i havn't told them that i'm a MAJOR fan and have tlk plushies in my room etc etc, so, what they dont know, they can't mock me for!!!

And besides, if i want to talk about tlk i can just come here and talk to you guys about it!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah..kinda same here as with Naline and I dont even have plushies mwuahahahaa..my closest friends think im a nutter once in awhile tho :E but they like the movie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, since I joined this site after my school ended, I never told my friends about this site. But, since I have great friends, they would have probably thought it was normal of me to join such a site and they might have even joined themselves. They know I love Disney music and Disney movies very much. But my school is a little different than your average school. My school consists of grades 2-12 and it's a "gifted" school. So basically most of us are geeks/dorks who don't make fun of anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im never mocked... and if I am I just slap-a-hoe!!

seriously tho, sometimes people make comments then I have to explain why as such.

For the most part at one point I had an apartment full of TLK stuff.. everywhere.. and people would come and think it was really nicely designed.

Naline: Thats true mate, and the blout paul that was drunk with us last night, he was the one who made a point to stop and start singing hukuna matata at the top of our voices in the country.

Good stuff eh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Most of my friends appreciate the film and enjoy it,not as obsessively as me though.
    Muahahaha xD!!!
    second's that emotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, being the hermit that I am I don't have to worry about being mocked by friends, seeing as I don't have them

However, when I went to public school, I would always get taunted it seems. Then again, there were others who were really nice and liked it too. When I used to go to Youth Group, no one made fun of anyone. We were a big group of misfits (I miss that so much )

Then there is my family, they make fun of me for it more than all the others put together. Sometimes I swear I'd just like to slap 'em all

Oh well, the point is, i found this site and I can talk to other TLK fans on here, so yay for LH!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't believe your family makes fun of you!!! They should be the last people to ever make fun of something you like! That makes me really mad!
    But anyways, no one makes fun of me for loving the TLK. Even one of my real life friends joined this forum. I told her about it so she joined. But she doesn't post here anymore. Just not a huge TLK like me, heh. But my other friends know I like TLK and they don't care. They probably like it too, but one of my friends I don't think likes TLK! Cuz I was talking with two of my friends and he was there, and I was saying how I love TLK, and he didn't say anything! You know how usually if you like something, and somebody says they like it, you say you like it too? He said he liked Mulan when I said I liked that, but didn't say anything when I said TLK! I can understand if you're not really a TLK fan, but how can you *not* like the movie? What a bum. And my family likes TLK too, they think it's great movie with a good story.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nuka
    Oh well, the point is, i found this site and I can talk to other TLK fans on here, so yay for LH!
    Well,friend we are here for ya's xD!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My family think I'm too old. *rolls eyes*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    I can't believe your family makes fun of you!!! They sould be the last people to ever make fun of something you like! That makes me really mad!
    Well, believe it cause it's true

Originally posted by BeNzAi21837?
    Well,friend we are here for ya's xD!!!
    Thanks guys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    My family think I'm too old. *rolls eyes*
    YOU'RE too old? :woeisme:
    Dude, you can never be too old for the TLK. It's not like this is some little kid's show like Winnie the Pooh. TLK has MURDER in the story. Ugh, I used to hate it how so many teenage girls liked Winnie the Pooh, it's a show for little kids! And they thought TLK was for little kids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amen! So many people in my class are obessed with Piglet and Tinkerbell! I just wanna ring their necks (especially Piglet he's sooo annoying!) but if I mention TLK they call me sad and when I say something like,
    "Well you like Piglet and Tinkerbell! Why are they considered cool andTLK isn't?" Then the reply,
    "'Cos their cute!" What the hell do I care!!! Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa etc. You can't tell me they're not cute!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    YOU'RE too old? :woeisme:
    Dude, you can never be too old for the TLK. It's not like this is some little kid's show like Winnie the Pooh. TLK has MURDER in the story. Ugh, I used to hate it how so many teenage girls liked Winnie the Pooh, it's a show for little kids! And they thought TLK was for little kids?
    That's why I was rolling my eyes. Then again, they could be mocking me because it's not the first think you'd associate with me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mushroom
    "'Cos their cute!"
    That was their answer? Um, if you want to put it that way, cubby Simba and Nala are cute, I mean what would they say if you said that to them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Scar was quite cute actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They only like Pooh and Tinkerbell because it's sadly a fad 9_9 Fads are dangerous and uncontrollable scary things. And more importantly, annoying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art