Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are 'Simba's Pride' onwards actually any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are 'Simba's Pride' onwards actually any good?

The only Lion King movie I've bothered seeing is the original. Because most Disney sequels are quite bad, and to add to it, Walt never wanted sequels to his classics....yet they still make them regardless.

So, I'm just interested to whether I should bother to watch the movies from Simba's Pride onwards (including Simba's Pride.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba's Pride is pretty dire, however it is watchable. There are a few good scenes in it despite the fact that Kiara has about as many brain cells as Britney and that Zazu's new voice is horrendous to say the least. It's not brilliant however I would still recommend seeing it though if you haven't already. <3 Kovu :P

The third however...avoid it like the plague. I have made drunken home videos that would make a better movie than that was. Ok so teen Simba was cute, hurrah! The rest of the film was childish and boring and did not score points with me at all.

Ok so I'm the forum's pessimist, but that's my humble opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'd be surprised, some disney sequels aren't half bad....Little Mermaid 2 isn't that bad, nor Fox and the Hound 2 or Brother Bear 2

And the TLK sequels are alright, Simba's Pride is pretty good, but i never enjoyed TLK 1.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not really a fan of Disney sequels to be honest. SP is ok though. You'll be able to get me to sit and watch it, let's put it that way. It's just certain things that annoy me about it... Kiara, Zazu's voice, Simba etc. Kovu is a great character though, I think he was one of the best things that came out of SP.

About TLK 1 ?...well, I've had the DVD over 3 years now, and I've only watched it like a total of 3 times in 3 years. I don't reckon much to it really, doesn't the amount of times I've watched it tell you? xP

And so, my ratings for the two:

Simba's Pride: 6?/10
    TLK 1 ?: 4/10

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SP is ok, as Tik said, it is watchable, got some good bits in it, and the song "He lives in you" i think in my opion is very good ^^

TLK 1.5 ( TLK 3). Was Disappionting for me, only good thing i like is that they done a better job on animation then SP and The scene when simba is adolescent is good aswell^^. TLK 1.5 Ruined though the whole magic aswell of why The Animals Bowed to Neborn Simba at the beggining, that really angered me ><. Not only they spoiled why the animals bowed, but they chose the most insulting way to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would recommend Simba's Pride--merely for the fact that Kovu is a complete and total hawttie! HAHA! No, but seriously, I did enjoy the plotline of that movie. I thought it was very cool and I love most of the new characters you see in it.

They did make Simba a little less likeable, and Kiara is as dumb as most say. I did NOT like her--but if you can look past her half a brain and onto Kovu, you'll probably like it.

...yeah, Lion King 1 and 1/2 is really, really lame. It starts out lame, continues to be lame, and ends lame. Although, I must admit, as Tiikeri said, Teen Simba is pretty cute.

So yesh, watch SP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys. And yeah, I'll rent Simba's Pride and give it a try.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The story is quite nice for a sequel acutally (in my opninion).

Graphics are horrible.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Graphics are horrible.
    I got to agree with that
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's all watchable. When you don't have anything better to do.... then they are all 3 good. Even if 3rd one is one huge comedy. It was never meant to be a serious movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    simbas pride is real worth watching becouse it was made long before disneys " sequal spree" and thus have same qualety as the first one " really great music animations story etc" so akording to me tlk 2 is real watchable i recomden it becouse its not just an other sequal its a well made serius one "unlike TLK 3 "

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    TLK 3 wasn't ment to be serious.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i know lol but even as a "none serius movie" it wasent any good acording to me .. i only baught it t osee the new scenes with simba really...and colleters iteam

but i ghuess its okay really...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    euhm, I don't wanna be rude and go off-topic, but if that is ment to be me in your sig, then my name is "nathalie" and not "nathaline" haha

if not, then I didn't say anything ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TLK1 was a classic.. obviously

TLK2 was.. passable. The songs make up for an abysmal Disney rehash of a Romeo and Juliet tale without the deaths of the title couple. >.>''

Havent even bothered with TLK3.. it sounds pathetic. I haven't bothered watching it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    euhm, I don't wanna be rude and go off-topic, but if that is ment to be me in your sig, then my name is "nathalie" and not "nathaline" haha

if not, then I didn't say anything ^^

lol its not rude and il chance that

but a reminded there is something called PM hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw Simba's Pride. One of the greatest sequels to anything I've ever, ever seen. In fact, some things are amazingly pretty much just as good as things in the original. It's ridiculously good for a Direct-to-DVD sequel.

It's more humour-based than the original, and I personally think it's a bit funnier. It also has some absolutely excellent animation that for the most part is pretty much just as good as the original's.

I actually remember watching this ages ago, because I remembered some songs and some scenes. I was pleasantly surprised, although I did vaguely recall seeing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw this movie and my honest opinion, I can't stand another minute with the movie, I'm sorry if this bother you but that's how it is, with me. If the sequel okay with you then that's fine. for me not a great sequel but it's good to watch if you enjoy it.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, TLK2 is my favourite out of all three movies. Seen it well over 400 times, and that is just an estimate. .... I know, I am a little obsessed

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man how can you people survive with all that kiara's little.... giggling???? *screaming*
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group