Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When Are Disney Bringing The Lion King "out of the Vault"?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh no, anything Disney and *especially* TLK is original for me ^^

And since I collect TLK, I'll probably buy those when they come out, even though I couldn't watch them.

But hey, my laserdisc box is lying here too and I can't watch it, haha.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    for those who keep saying that Blu-Ray is a rip off, try watching a movie on a normal dvd and then watch the blu-ray version, if you can not see the difference, then get some glasses. IMHO Blu-Ray is kicking HD-DVDs butt right now with quality, HD-DVD is 1080i while Blu-Ray is 1080p AND Disney is exclusive to Blu-Ray right now, Lion King will not be on HD-DVD. If they do release it on Blu-Ray I will be first in line but right now for a 2d animation movie the dvd is perfectly fine and I don't see how they can make the image any better. I love Blu-Ray movies, watching Planet Earth on my HDTV is breath taking , buying the series in Blu-Ray was WELL WORTH the money!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's The Lion King, and I'm guaranteed excellent audio and visual quality, then I'd pay $100 dollars for it if I had to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    get the dts version of the TLK dvd, I got that for my brother and it doesn't dissapoint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Hakuna Matata
    If it's The Lion King, and I'm guaranteed excellent audio and visual quality, then I'd pay $100 dollars for it if I had to.
    Garunteed with dvd .

And Simba 04, Some people dont have as much money as you to buy a HDTV , player and films, just to watch a film in higher quiality...
    I will be quite happy buying the whole series of Planet Earth which is on sale for ?9.50 on DVD. Or Short Cicuit for ?3 and i think thats perfectly fine for me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Short circuit, was indeed 5 ? (which is about 3 ?) 'cause I have it, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    Garunteed with dvd .

And Simba 04, Some people dont have as much money as you to buy a HDTV , player and films, just to watch a film in higher quiality...
    I don't have the money either , bought mine a couple years ago when I did have the money

the price of HDTVs has dropped drastically over the past few years and next year with 1080p being the new format I suspect that the 720p tvs will be only a couple hundreds dollars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    on blue ray weeeeee! this is comment on the first post" I gota get it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My question is WHY do they put the movies IN the vault in the first place? It's like you can't buy the most classic movies anymore...Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Aladdin...they should be available 100% of the time for everyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    studies show that when a product is taken away from the consumer for awhile and it is brought back after some time, the consumer will want it more than if it has been on the market for awhile.....welcome to the world of business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hehe, I delight in poking fun at the oh-so-mysterious Disney Vault.

Pff.

I just saw a commercial for the Cinderella movies (the original and two sequels), which endeavored to convince me to "get them before they disappear!" at the end of this month. We all know that the "excuse" that the classic Cinderella and Cinderella II came out of the Vault in the first place was to release the new Cinderella III and tell everybody, "Hey, complete your Cinderella collection and replace your old VHS copies with DVD!"

(Of course, the new spin is Blu-Ray; I'll get to that in a minute.)

The same exact thing happened many times before: Mulan was re-released when Mulan II debuted; Bambi coincided with the unveiling of Bambi II; and depending on your nationality, you reached for either "1 1/2" or "3" when TLK platinum edition showed up, along with "II" thrown in for good measure.

The timing of Vault comings and goings are just long enough for people to "forget" the films they added to their collection so that Disney can make big fanfare with the next release and convince you that you need a new one - along with this new sequel we just made. (As a college student, this sounds all too familiar with buying textbooks.)

Now, Cinderella III is allegedly the last of the seemingly endless supply of sequels and spinoffs. So isn't it clever that Disney jumped on the Blu-Ray bandwagon - a brand new excuse for us to start our collection all over again.

The recent release of Cars in Blu-Ray has extras and interactive features found nowhere else. (so that's why the DVD version was just 1-disc!) When the Blu-Ray release of TLK rolls around, I'll be interested to know what kind of marketing ploys and bonus features will surround it to "convince" me to buy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd buy it on blu-ray either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd so buy TLK on Blu-Ray if it was released

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :woeisme:

I meant other people. You suckers are a sure thing.