Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving Lessons

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't get my permit until 6 months ago. I am still driving, but I'm thankful to learn in the USA. In the Ukraine I know it's something along the lines of going to driving school for three months first, and then like 30 hours+ of driving under permit. In Siberia where I usually dwell, I don't really know. You just drive. [shrugs] But in Missouri I had to read a pamphlet, take a written test for the permit, train at my own leisure, and then take a driving test when I feel ready to go. [laughs] It'll be a while for me. But I'm not going to school for 3 months either. [glares at the Ukraine]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey.. just from curiousity... i forgot to ask how much do you pay for 1 hour of driving?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My lessons are ?17 per hour, they usually charge ?18 but since I'm a student I get student rate. And compared to some driving schools, that's cheap. BSM (British School of Motoring) for example, charge about ?22 per hour and that's a lot compared to some driving schools.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    aAha..it's quite tipical price. I had a bit cheaper here. it was 21? per hour no matter what you are. I had an option to go also on other school to for price 17? per hour. But the problem was in that school you certainly need more hours to get the licence. it's about 25 in the one i was in. and about 35 in the other one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    BSM (British School of Motoring) for example, charge about ?22 per hour and that's a lot compared to some driving schools.
    Yeah I learnt with BSM...or BDSM as my Gran called it They charged ?21/hr but I paid for this package where I paid in advance for 30 hours and got a free driving test with it. Which wasn't bad I thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BSM? Is that some sort/same kind of Road Transport Department?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Err, no. It stands for British School of Motoring as KS said. It's a driving school.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri
    Yeah I learnt with BSM...or BDSM as my Gran called it

My dad learnt with them too, and he calls them "Bring Some Money" for some reason. XD

Originally posted by Phoenix
    BSM is a large driving school here in the UK. I think DSA (Driving Standards Agency) is our road transport department, but I'm not sure. They're the ones who do the driving tests and stuff like that anyway.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New advice: Do not panic when your parking, I swear to god one small mistake and you're fail

Well that's what happen to me this morning except I pass the road test
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well am gona start driving preety soon but i think il wait until the winters over..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    .. man am i glad i passed the driving text crazehness years ago

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Over here you must take 50 driving lessons thought each lesson is 25 mins long ( don't ask me why ) each time you do 2 lessons at least I did when I was practising. Then also we have to take 10 lessons of Theory which was most boring in the whole thing.. each theory lessons was about 2 hours and was just like sitting in a school. There is also A slippery track test in first part of getting your driving license as here roads are slippery about half of the year.

After you pass your theory test and driving test, you get temporary license that's good for 2 years, while you have that you are allowed to drive just like any driver thought before it expires but the at least a year from when you got it you have to take the second part of the driving test which is Slippery track again and also echomical driving. you also must do dark driving course in the between time or if you haven't done it in the first part. The whole second part takes 8 hours with all the theory and driving and is done with your own car. ( thought if you don't have one the place can rent you one)

For Shadow: I would start in the winter.. that way you become better driver as getting used to snow is not the easiest thing, but better learn it in the school than on your own.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty

For Shadow: I would start in the winter.. that way you become better driver as getting used to snow is not the easiest thing, but better learn it in the school than on your own.
    Agree, if you conquer the hardest obsticle on the road you be king of the road.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i started during winter. Its actually not hat bad, and its so much easier later on ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow.. only 25 minutes? here you get 45. Now i get it why its so high number of hours. It's bad you have the same price per hour as i had.

I'm not sure if you are better diver if you do it in winter time. My mum said:
    "When you get the licence - that only means that you are safe to go on road alone and start learning."
    It really depends on a person. Some know to drive better when they are 10 than some at 40. I know the actual case when that happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In Maryland, the law is 60 hours have to be completed in under a year. That is in addition to what ever they give you in drivers education program, which is also required. I just recently got mine and I really enjoy driving on my own.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright this is the best advice I got.

1. Gas is on the right, brake is on the left (DON'T CONFUSE THE TWO!)

2. Always come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

3. The best way to combat stupid idiots who fake out jumping in front of your car is to blow the horn the moment they least expect it.

4. Pedestrians are worth 500 points. 1,000 if they are old people.

5. Make sure your parking brake is off before driving.

That ends my comical list. Here's the serious list:

1. Be sure to have your rear-view aligned so that you don't have to readjust your position every time you need to see in the rear-view mirror.

2. Don't give the car too much gas at first.

3. Start someplace empty such as a parking lot (I did, and let me tell you I'm lucky no cars were around).

EDIT: After checking the location of the pedals in my Jeep I realized that I accidentally inverted the location of the gas and the brake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @ SV: or Flash at 'em

Oh you forgot something.
    Always wear seatbelt, that is the biggest point during the big test.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SVelasquez
    1. Gas is on the left, brake is on the right (DON'T CONFUSE THE TWO!)
    I believe Gas is on the right and brake on the left at least on our cars. The biggest mistake you can do with pedals is press brake with right foot... I have tried it and trust me it's not working too well... either it wont slow down or you make sudden stops.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SVelasquez

1. Gas is on the left, brake is on the right (DON'T CONFUSE THE TWO!)
    or opposite?

But i thing cars with manual gearbox are more fun! You can do things you would never do with automatic! Specialy when it comes to crash one. Some of us here are thinking of buying anold yugo or fiat punto or something like that. put in a safety cage and start rolling!