Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this thread is getting complicatd...
    I like guns. i like to try them. i am also in airsoft club what some ppl think its terrible even there to shoot people. I know a lot about guns becouse i always liked them.

Whatever its said 1 thing is for sure...

... there is one person afraid when gun is loaded ... But there are two in fear when it's empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've just seen this. Use as a reference if you wish. Otherwise I stick to my last post.

Shatara : I think the A-Bomb was dropped to mainly test it out. The war was all but finished. It is well known that the Japanese were inhumane with their treatment of captured enemies, but to level two huge cites, wiping out massive numbers of people and to curse the survivors with genetic disorders for many generations to come.. it seems worse than what could have been. Anyway, thats deviating from guns, so carry on! ^_^

TX : I don't believe that liking guns means that guns are good for the public. And you cannot dare claim that "there is one person afraid when gun is loaded". Fear makes people pull the trigger. If you aren't afraid when you are facing a real situation where a gun may be fired by you or at you, then its disturbing at the very least.

You may want to defend yourself with a gun, but doesn't that make you as bad as the people you are afriad of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Very...not. You are the first person I've EVER seen claim such. Aiming at extremities puts both yourself and those around you at risk, as you are both more likely to miss (you're not clint eastwood),
    Then tell me why I always hit the (c) and (d) sections [arms and legs] of the target table
    You'd be surprised how good swiss soldiers are at the shooting range.

Also, I wonder what qualifies you to classify my shooting without ever having met me at a shooting certification.

Actually - it's quite simple - compare mid european countries with the US. Take the licensing systems, the practice of military and police, and compare the number of murders and self-defence kills of these countries - you'll see, there's a significant difference. (I don't yet have any statistics ready to show you, but I'll try to get them from our admin website)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Dyani
    You may want to defend yourself with a gun, but doesn't that make you as bad as the people you are afriad of?
    Not at all, no. In a true case of self-defense, you are a human being that is in an immediate threat of being seriously harmed or killed, and you need to do whatever it takes to ensure your survival. Self-defense with any weapon isn't a matter of a "Fair fight," nor is it a matter of cowardice as your said before , it's a matter of doing what you need to do to stay alive.

Like Shatara, I'm not a big guy. If someone jumps me with a knife, I'm not going to holster my gun because he has a less powerful weapon, I will shoot him because I have the inherent right to ensure my safety and the safety of those innocent people around me. I'm not going to try to shoot the knife out of his hand because that's a very small, quickly moving target. If I miss, he can potentially throw that knife and end my life, I don't know his skills with said weapon. I won't shoot him in the knees, again because that's a hard target to hit and can still leave him armed. Even his head is a relatively small target. If I miss in any of those situations, as Shatara said, that bullet can injure or kill the innocent people around me. I will shoot into the torso, because that's the biggest body target and most likely to drop that person in the first shot. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not the gambling type, and I very much enjoy being alive. I don't consider myself a violent person, I'm a pacifist by moral and religious conviction, and nowadays I do anything I can to avoid violent confrontation. That said, I fully believe that everyone has a right to self-defense, and as I said earlier, I define self-defense as taking the course of action most likely to protect one's life and the life of those around them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with this perspective is that it disregards motive. I don't have any ill intent on my part if I should use my weapon (whether it be a gun, knife, or my fists) in self defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to Dyani... You missunderstood what i meant.
    It's a proverb.
    "there is one person afraid when gun is loaded ... But there are two in fear when it's empty."

When loaded - the aimed one is afraid
    when empty - both guner and aimed one are afraid. one is afraid of the gun. other one becouse he knows he has an empty gun.

But the point wasnt about who is more afraid or so. The point is that gun is a dangerous thing no matter what.

I've learned also "the gun is never empty". Treat it like its full at all times.

Grandad told me how "also an empty gun shoots once per 10 years."
    you mustnt take that literaly, i hope you understand what i'm trying to say. As long as there are guns there will be also danger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PntBall - I wouldn't have thought that, in America where gun ownership is so rife, your aggressor would be carrying a knife. If there is a chance of someone having superior weapons to you, you would get yourself have equal standing, surely? Heh, kind of the story of the world really.

Roog - Very fair point. I bow to your intelligent thinking! _O_

TX - aaahhh sorry I misunderstood what you meant. Its all to do with the potential threat of a gun. Whether empty or full, the aggressor is faced with a gun. I get you now. _O_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (A-bomb stuff)
    The point was, after an invasion there may not have been much country left to rebuild. But anyway, its not the A-bomb thread, so I'll drop it.

TX : I don't believe that liking guns means that guns are good for the public. And you cannot dare claim that "there is one person afraid when gun is loaded". Fear makes people pull the trigger. If you aren't afraid when you are facing a real situation where a gun may be fired by you or at you, then its disturbing at the very least.
    There are different levels of fear. Quite a difference between 'oh crap, he wants to kill me' and 'oh crap, he wants to kill me and there is nothing I can do about it'.

Then tell me why I always hit the (c) and (d) sections [arms and legs] of the target table
    Perhaps because the target table isn't shooting back? I'm also curious what range this is at, with what weapon, and how long you have to make such shots. I admit I don't know how well you can shoot, but I truly doubt you have Mr. Eastwood's marksmanship, which is 'however much the plot requires'.

Another thing you seem to ignore, is many civilians in the US get more training and range time than military and police. I've read somewhere that the 'shots per incident' is much lower for armed civilians than uniformed law enforcement, by no small margin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by TX-101
    I've learned also "the gun is never empty". Treat it like its full at all times.

Grandad told me how "also an empty gun shoots once per 10 years."
    you mustnt take that literaly, i hope you understand what i'm trying to say. As long as there are guns there will be also danger.
    Well said.

Just like "A tool never lies down." Like a hammer, wrench or nail gun.

Metaphorically and your retrospect, it remains - forever a threat.

Guns are designed to kill! -
    But they don't have to be.
    [SIZE=small]Sorry had to throw that last line in...[/SIZE]