Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new Era [Feline RP]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh bugger!
    Santiago sat there listening and realized that if he didn't take the initiative to step out and face the lion outside, then he'd be outnumbered by the rest of the pride. Well, here goes nothing. He thought as he stood up and stepped out of his hiding spot.

"Panicking the rest of your pride will not do anybody any good. Sorry if my presence startles you, but I'm a nomad. I come from the Kalahari where I was the heir to my father's pride. I was sent away for my safety when a mysterious illness swept over my father's kingdom and began to effect every living thing within the borders of it. I've been wandering ever since. Forgive me for hiding, but I've been through my fair share of...arguments throughout my life and I wasn't sure if I could fully trust anybody here. You have my word that I won't harm you nor your pride." Santiago said as he stepped out of the darkness from inside the set of rocks, something that he thought took a lot of guts to do. He stood there waiting for a reply as a flashback went though his head.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here." A male voice said from behind Santiago as he took a drink of water from a large puddle somewhere far away from the Pridelands. The sound of the voice caused Santiago to stop drinking and look up before turning around and looking at a lion and a lioness standing there and glaring at him.

"You've wandered well out of your pride's land young one. Too bad you're gonna pay the price for it." The lioness said as she lunged at Santiago.

Brilliant. Santiago thought sarcastically as he jumped to the side to avoid the lioness as she tried to scratch him. Meanwhile the lion roared and charged at Santiago who sent a paw out and swung at the lion, scratching the enemy hard and causing him to stumble before falling as the lioness pounced Santiago and pinned him down before scratching him. Santiago closed his eyes truly believing that it was the end, but it wasn't. After falling unconscious, Santiago was spotted by a lioness from a nearby pride.

A few hours later Santiago woke up in a den with a lioness cleaning up his face as the pride's king stood there and looked at him.

"What happened?" Santiago asked the king.

"You had been attacked by outcasts from our pride. You're lucky that one of my lionesses found you. After you recover you can stay here for good if you'd like." The king replied rather generously.

"Thanks." Santiago said as the lioness walked away. He only stayed for a month before moving on.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    off the record ;;

I've noticed this fell off a cliff. I understand some RPer's roleplay at various forums and other threads on this site. That's perfectly fine. I'm posting here to inform all of you if it suddenly becomes active and I'm not present; message me. I'm kind of wandering away from it since my zeal for the adventure faded. But if it regains a flame, I'll -gladly- sit around the campfire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kisirani halted in her tracks as the males words reached her, but she didn't turn to face him though she laid her ears back and listend to his words.

The semi-blind juvenile narrowed her eyes at his words, though she clearly understood his conserns quite clearly; you could afterall never be too carefull.

The young juveniles ears perked as the sound of a voice called out somewhere infront of her, her working eye darted around and fell on a sillouette somewhere down the path from her and the residental lion; it was a young male.

Kisirani narrowed her eyes at this stranger, she was unsure about his pourpos and intentions but she knew that it wasn't in her place to ask. That question was beheld the owners of this kopje and not her, since she was just as lowly as him; a febel trespasser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally the rest of the pride had shown from the cold cave into the much colder and wet outside as the elements still amazingly continued at full strength though to Twilight having been out in it for such a long time was seemingly dying out very slowly. He shivered ever so slightly being chilled heavily to the bone as the onslaught of the weather slowly tortured him more; water flowing off him freely and in torrents. He really did look half the lion he did when he was dry; not like his father who was more muscular and somewhat commanding to what he was right then.

As the rouge showed himself down below he nodded to see that he had the guts to show himself after all; he believed the lioness that was in front of him of coming alone but he wasn?t going to pout full trust in anyone like them right now with other matters on the mind. He?d have to use them and maybe then gain their trusts.

He turned to his pride as the rain beat down upon him; he didn?t look like a king but a commander who was up to the job and the handle the situation in which they were in right now. He could see the pride was fully behind him; a little apprehensive maybe but more than willing to take the command of a prince till they all knew positively of his father and king.

They seemed eager despite the appalling conditions that continued to beat down upon them soaking through and sending chills to their bones.

?I know the conditions in which we are in are less than desirable right now my fellow felines; but right now we?re in a state of trouble right now. We have some pride members missing as is my father and your king? he said padding back and forth looking at everyone present as best he could with his mane long since mattered slop across his eyes somewhat taking the moment to paw it away to one side as he continued.

?Right now rouges or even other prides may be heading this way to seek advantage of such conditions where such prides hide away and are at there weakest. I won?t lie to you but we are slightly weakened but the bond we have has never been stronger right now. I can see in your eyes you want to protect your homes at all costs; many generations of felines have not backed down from a fight to protect their home and I?m honoured to have such felines who still keep this feeling with them? he said stopping a moment and padded to the promontory point to think of what he could do with his lionesses and other felines who were willing to protect Pride Rock.

?We?re setting up a defence; we?re going to show any rouge or pride that even thinks to come this way that we don?t cower away from a bit of rain and mud. We?re a generation born and raised at Pride Rock we?ll send them running back home? he said showing a grin for the first time that morning.
    ?I want all lionesses to be circles around Pride Rock; we?re leaving no blind spots open. As for you two rouges you may be of some use if you want to prove you can be trusted you will help; or you can die? he said padding toward Cova and looked at her with caring but commanding eyes.

?Can I trust you to get the lionesses set up Cova? I need to stay here and keep watch; I?ll roar if I see anything troublesome or anyone that comes this way. If so I need you to come running; you?re one of the fastest lionesses I?ve got and I need someone to spread the word as quickly. It?s not easy for me to shout orders with this wind and rain. Is that ok?? he questioned to her looking at her biting his lip a moment.

?FC?? he said turning to him seeing him in the crowd ?You may be young but I require your assistance as well. Pride Rock isn?t the smallest of places to help co-ordinate attack and defence and I can?t be at two places at once. There aren?t many prides that live in the direction behind Pride Rock that would dream to attack us but any rouge will try and come that way. Can I trust you to look after my lionesses?? he felt bad having to ask such a young feline like him to do such a task; but Pride Rock was indeed not the smallest of structures to be commanded by one.

?Unless anyone has any questions. Cova, FC my fellow subjects good luck and move out. For Pride Rock? he nodded to them all and watched them a moment.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FC's sea-green eyes scanned the rocks below as Twilight finally came into view--soaked, but oddly majestic looking in his own way. Of course he was of no compare to his father, yet, but there was still an heir of grace about him that FC had to admire from afar. He watched the young prince only a few years his senior deal with the two rogues who were seemingly harmless.

But one could never be too certain when dealing with rogues--afterall, things weren't always as they seemed...

FC's eyes narrowed against a merciless breeze that seemed to delve into his soul and remove any warmth that seemed to have resided there. He grit his teeth as the bitter chill hugged his bones and made him flinch slightly. He glanced over at Iliana, wondering how she was faring in this hideous excuse for weather. FC pressed his flank gently toward hers to transfer any body heat he had left to her slender frame.

As the young prince approached, he stood straighter--still keeping his body against Iliana's. He tilted his chin up nobly until Twilight was upon them--and when he was FC promptly dipped his head as any respectful subject would do. He listened to Twilight take command with a long-winded speech that gave him a different sort of chills. He knew that Twilight spoke the truth and was prepared to do anything the golden lion asked of him.

When he heard his orders he nodded firmly, "Yes, of course." he responded, glancing to Iliana--he hoped that this meant they could do this patrolling thing together. "I won't let you down, your highness." he smirked, puffing out his chest proudly--but the stubborn spiked tuft that'd been there before was sagging down with wet. "One thing though, Twi," he added, tilting his head a little, "what of these newcomers? Are they really to be trusted so soon?" he spoke the last bit in a rasping whisper so that the rogues may not hear him...afterall, he didn't want them targeting him specifically--or worse, the thing he cared about most...Iliana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ?I know the conditions in which we are in are less than desirable The prince uttered, her mind working on the statement with contempt....Wherever the wind direction took it's next course, Cova was sure to be turning her face from its ghastly blow. Squinting as she shivered from the coat of cold that surrounded her, suddenly wanting to get moving and get on with trying to warm up, rather than stay still, having to endure the weathers Wrath even more. However she stood still as were many of her fellow Lionesses, hunched together to listen to the prince's rather stirring speech about the lands they set paw upon, hearing a rather crude comment from behind her as the prince spoke...a slight snarl now appearing on Cova's lips as she knew the lioness that spoke, who else could it be....

She quickly wiped the face and held her head back up as Twilight approached her, his message conjuring negative feelings in her as she knew the grunt that was being put on her. Wanting to say something but wasn't to sure if it was appropriate, hardly saying anything as she mumbled a phrase that was not even loud enough to match the wind.

"Well i err..." The prince already having moved on to talk to the next in line Fc so instead she held her tounge and Shut her eyes tight thinking of what she would have to do...the lands around Pride rock so boggy...it wouldn't be easy coping with the whole pride and organizing them. But she grit her teeth and stepped out of Line as Twilight continued talking to Fc. Overhearing him mention about Fc leading them, a slight weight lifted as she knew there was someone now ranking above her.

Coming to the edge of the rock now as the prince mentioned if there were any questions...Her own eyes landing on that of the Rouges that stood near one another down below on the path.."what of these newcomers? Are they really to be trusted so soon?" echoing behind her as Cova's eyes squinted, she certainly didn't think so and would not be afraid to let them know it. Looking behind her to a few lionesses as she flicked her head as if to say to follow, most quickly dispersing to move behind her .

"No Questions.."

She offered back up to the prince as she leapt down the slippy path..having to be careful not to fall as she then came closer and closer to the two rouges. Eyes squinted, half due to the rain, but half due to her dis-trust, the prides safety at steak...it put her in a rather in-hospitable mood.

"you will help; or you can die...That's quite some statement...think about it" She began as the Lionesses that followed her started to pass by Cova and the two rouges in single file. Cova herself still standing in front of the Male and Female. "Follow me and all should be fine...Betray any member of this pride....and My Prince is the last thing you will have to worry about"

She uttered to the both of them, quite un-caring about her hostile nature as the pride was everything to her...Now walking between the both of them as she gestured for both of them to follow her Out to the base of Pride rock.

"Ladies if you would as per instructed spread out around the Rock base of Pride rock, we don't want anyone able to get close or inside...any signs, any smells, any hints of anything out of the ordinary and you sen the word down the line, i myself will be patrolling around the length constantly...stay insight and stay safe"

She finished as she was surprised to see the Lionesses moving to do as she asked very quickly...a little chuffed with herself as they disbanded with a minimal amount of comments or grumbles....even from her, Asha...that cynical one who thought she knew it all... old fool... Her gaze focusing on the two rouges who had yet to be instructed.

"any questions?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kisirani kept a stone face, quite a challenge considering the cold and the fact that all of this was getting under her skin as quite a scary situvation. The young female wasn't easily scared but you have to remeber even if she acts grown-up and in someways is very mature for her age, she was just a child. The choice the price had given her and the other rogue became more of a rethorical question atleast conserns with her.

What could she do, to help this situvation at all? She was a mear juvenile(11), and she was severly crippled; half-blind! Kisirani didn't like the look of the lioness commander, though she hid her anxity to the best of her abilities. "Yes..." the little lioness utterd as the commander turned to them with the option of question asking.

"What good use am I?" she began only to pause shortly after, "I am young, I am half-blind.. thus can't fight! I guess death is the only option left for me.." Kisirani's voice where strained, she didn't like to talk about her disability but she realised that she couldn't pretend to be normal, she had a sever handicap and it pained her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iliana was glad that she caught up with the lot of them with only one cumblsy mistake. She knew that she was not highranking in any sort of thing, but Cova made her feel slightly like she was useful when she allowed her to go with Fc on his chores or whatever Twilight had assigned him to do... or so she thought. He had no mentioned her name is his last orders and she felt like she was invisible at that point. Her ears lowered and her head was still held down low as she heard them carry on there conversatin compleatly forgetting about her.

'Should I just leave? Should I leave them a lone and maybe wander away? I am a good hider no one will bother me..' she thought to herself.

She felt like a burden now that she knew that Twilight porbly thought she was weak since she was always caught following Fc around, but that was nly because she fully trusted him and of course she had feelings for him. Feelings that were not yet understood by her, but enough that if he was not around she would greatly miss him.

She wondered if she should say anyhting? Speak up like the adult she wished she was. Like some kind of assertiveness that she wished she had, but no she had to be a shy small feline.. Sometimes she felt that Fc was embaressed to be with her. SHe felt like he felt that he always had to stick up for her. She wished she coulds tick up for herself at times, without him so she would not feel like she was a leech sucking at his skin.

She conitneud to walk causouly when the moved anywhere and then stay put when tehy both stopped. She heard there conversation, but also zoned off every now and hten to the conversation Cova was having with the two rogues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, fighting back seems to be my only option...or dying. I'll fight. Santiago thought as he listened to Twilight before walking over to Cova and Kisirani, neither of whom he knew. Something about the situation seemed odd to him, it wasn't that he was fighting alongside of complete strangers whom he had never met before, but that nothing about it bothered him. He usually felt a bit uncomfortable being thrown into scenarios such as this with strangers, but it seemed noble.

"I'll gladly help." Santiago said as he looked at Kisirani, being called a rouge at her age and her condition made him think that she had been wandering alone for quite some time now.

"Hey, kid, you've made it this far on your own, don't give up now. If you put your mind to it you can do anything. I've been wandering most of my life too, trust me it takes one to know one." Santiago told Kisirani reassuringly. Being a wanderer had taught Santiago that sometimes the best way to get through hard situations is to believe in yourself and try your hardest. Although in this case one slip-up and it could become a lot more than a simple mistake.

"What do you need me to do?" Santiago asked turning to Cova. He may not be a lioness, but when it came to this situation, Santiago knew that he had to start fighting. The scar on his snout showed that he had been in a scrap or two before, but never a full blown battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((Well this is the time to bring in some NPC characters least for this bit just so we can bring some excitement the the RP right from the off. Aren?t I nice lion to make things interesting for you :cheese ))

(In the Pridelands)

Rain hadn?t made stopped the hardest of felines who had faced such horrors and sights no one would ever want to see on the battlefield; the scars reminders of victories and losses in the past the storm such as this a minor inconvenience if anything.

A small group of five rouge lions both old and wise in the way of fighting as well as the young and immature that seemed to have no fear of running head on into a situation. The sight of pride rock to them a beacon and prize worth gaining for their needs. Toothy smirks clear on the faces of many of them with the taste of blood and the strong need for the thrill of the fight. They already had tasted blood once that night and now they yearned for more.

?Well then; this is the place known as Pride Rock huh? said one of the young lions; his mane not even remotely fully grown yet but already had killed so many without remorse. The many scars clearly visible in the right light to show that already he?d seen one battle too many for one so young to have even their own fur stained in some others blood.

?More than likely the case? said on the older ones padding beside the younger one slowly and wearily ?If the information from that lioness you killed was correct then right now they?re without king and command this should be somewhat of the right time? he said looking down at his own paws a moment seeing them somewhat sink.
    ?We?ll split up and take the rock from both sides and move in; try and keep this simple without many problems. The conditions are not desirable for a fight? he said looking over at his four other young rouges all picked up along the way either banished from their own prides or merely survivors of those who?s prides were wiped out from disease or attacks and taking their anger and sadness out on the world. Non the less they?d never attack one another within the group who they warmed up to call family.

?We?ll go from the front? said on of the others who trailed behind followed by a swift nod of the heads as they looked at one another happy with the arrangement put down before them.

?Don?t go taking any unnecessary risks; don?t let your emotions get the best of you. Fight with a clear mind; let your enemies slip up and make the mistake and you pick up the scraps and take the advantage? he said nodding to them before looking down at his young prot?g?.
    ?Come? he said simply and quickly ran as best he could in the mud widely around out of view of anyone jumping and dodging the debris and large pools of water that had formed; getting his lower paws and body covered in thick mud though already covered head to paw from the nights hike.

With their leader gone the three young lions looked at one another to sort the rest of their plan out to before executing it.

?The strong wing and mud will work to our advantage my brothers? one of them chuckled sickly a moment and looked at his two other brothers either side of him.
    ?Coat yourself with the mud and when we get close we crawl close and we wait to strike; I got this feeling we?ll meet some strong resistance here.

?Sounds quite the plan; funny how father hasn?t made you his prot?g?? the one who was quiet all this time finally managed to say. He was the weakest of the group but non the less more determined than all the others combined to make something of himself being more the runt and the reject of the group much like he was in his old pride before they turfed him out. He felt strong need to repay back the favour of their new father raising him as one of his own.

?Shut up runt? the lion spat back at him making the runt cower and take a step back ?There is still much time to impress and show father I?m worth such a title? he said stepping ahead and rolling around in the mud coating himself in fresh camouflage for the attack.

No more words were uttered as the other two rolled themselves in the mud.
    ?Move out? the leader of the small group said glaring at the runt one last time ?Don?t be a burden?.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (At Pride Rock)

With all things seeming to go to plan and his two commanders in the battle ok with the scenario he had set them down with; he nodded to the both with a serious look to his face. He trusted them both with his life and all things going well would have two lions to trust in the future in such roles once more should the time call for it.

The question that FC did however played on his mind a moment and he would answer that before he was gone to go through his preparation of protecting the rear flank of Pride Rock should things decide to go to pot. It was true with rouges they had just found it was not desirable to even put the smallest amount of trust to let them fight alongside his own felines. But with such conditions being so dire and with some of their own still out there, they were not at full strength and calling upon rouges as additional bodyguards and assets was the first test of his leadership if he pulled it off he?d gain more trust.

?As undesirable as it is FC each bit of protection we can muster we?ll have to take as a risk right now; you don?t know what might happen. I?d never put my pride in any sort of danger or risk if I didn?t have to; I hope you can understand that? he said looking at him a moment then the rouge as he started to speak to him.

?Just make sure I didn?t put too much trust in you to stab my kindness in the back kid; show me your worth and I may have a place for you here for a while? he said stopping just as the young rouge started to speak to him.
    He felt bad overlooking her age but he knew nothing of the conditions till she actually had just mentioned them right now; he looked to Cova a moment and pondered on that situation and what to do with her.

?Cova. I?m allowing this young one to stay up here in the cave; if these conditions in which she speaks is true; it is pretty much death that will become of her? he said finishing before looking at Kisirani once more.
    ?I?ll spare you the task of protecting this rock; but soon you?ll need to show me I can gain some trust with you. I?m kind enough to take you in when other prides would of turfed you out and more than likely killed you on the spot without you even mustering a word. Lay in the shadows of the cave you?ll be no match for anyone if they manage to sneak up here ok?? he said as he finished looking at her and looked to Cova and FC once more before nodding them off.

?God speed to you? he said as his final words to them as they both set off to do what was required he saw Iliana in the group heading down and thought to himself whether some day that cloud of shyness she had would disperse so she would actually show her true potential to him instead of being the nervous wreck she always did seem to appear to him.

(fingers bloody hurt now...but there you go )
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC> Go Stu ^^ Ohh and As discussed, we will take it Twilight called down from ontop of Pride rock to talk to Cova and the Two rouges as those 3 had already made their way to the base of Pride Rock with the many Lionesses))

IC>
    Cova Listened to the two rouges and opened her Maw to reply to them when she heard the call of Twilight above her, she Craned her neck upwards to see him peering over to Relay his wishes ?Cova. I?m allowing this young one to stay up here in the cave" To which she Nodded and waited until he had finished before looking first to the younger Lioness Kisirani.

"Very well, you heard the prince...You may return to the top of he rock, just take the path you saw me come down and stay by his side, he will show you where you may stay until he see's fit"

Her aggressive tone slightly lower as she shook rain drops from her eyeline and waited for her to begin to move before looking at the 2nd Rouge, "What do you need me to do?". Alot of the Lionesses had already moved out, a spacing of about 30 steps began to form between each defender as they circled the base of the large rock but Cova pondered the Male's words.

"I Suppose you should come with me" Her mind trying to make itself up about the Male who seemed to be quite re-assuring to the Younger female he had supposedly just met...She gave him the benefit of the doubt and also gave a slightly lighter tone to him.

"Yes...yes you follow me, we will patrol the base of the rock, it is my duty to ensure any signs of attack are relayed from my sisters back to the prince, he will then know what to do." Shaking her head again as the rain seemed to soak her very soul, its un-relenting harshness making visibility very poor.

"I would require if you could please keep a strong eye out for anything yourself.." Motioning in one direction with her head as she began to head in a clockwise direction around Pride Rocks base.

"Sorry..whats your name by the way?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "My name's Santiago. I came from down south, I was the prince of my pride before an odd illness wiped it out. I was the only survivor. I've been wandering ever since." Santiago said as he looked towards the area that Cova had told him to pay attention to. Right now he knew that nobody trusted him and he didn't want to mess that up. Doing so could completely cause him to lose Twilight and the rest of the pride's trust which is what he's trying to earn at the moment.

"So the other rogue. Do you know where she came from? It looks like she had a rough trip over here." Santiago said trying to break the tensions at the moment, but right as the words left his mouth something in him told him to shut up and just pay attention to his surroundings, but it was dark. And by the looks of it a storm was inevitable. Although, that was the least of the pride's worries right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FC nodded firmly to Twilight's response. "I understand, I'm just a bit uneasy about it, that's all..." he explained as a lick of wind made his bangs blow majestically from his face for a few moments. He wished his father could see him now...talking with the Prince, being given orders to protect the lioness...it was too much. FC's heart was beating rapidly in his chest and it felt asthough it would burst from his ribcage if he wasn't careful.

He watched Twilight turn his attention to the rogues and decided to move out with the rest of them. He looked over at Iliana who had already begun to follow Cova down the side of Pride Rock. FC studied her expression, noting the crestfallen expression she wore on her sweet features that he'd grown so accustomed to. "You alright?" he asked, thinking she may be afraid of all this chaos. Without waiting for a response, he leaned in and pressed his muzzle to her cheek, rubbing his face against hers in a reassuring nuzzle. "You look a little..." he didn't bother to finish, his eyes clouding with worry for her.

He bit his lip and then looked down at the wet stoned path until Cova stopped in front of him to chat with the male rogue. Every hair on FC's pelt bristled with insecurity when he heard her order Santiago to come with her--but Cova was a big girl, she could handle herself...he hoped. FC turned back to Iliana, he'd wait for this traffic to pass before guiding her to the back of Pride Rock where he knew it'd be the most treacherous and mucky. He was worried about having Iliana out there with him since he was not the biggest of lions yet--but he knew he would protect her with his life.

He turned to her while they waited, hoping she'd say a little something to him. He was truly worried for her at this moment, her silence unnerved him, especially in this time of anxious waiting. "Don't be afraid..." he whispered to her, "I won't let anything happen to you..."

He wished, at that moment, that there was someone who would whisper that same thing in his ear...not that he'd ever admit as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iliana continued to follow behind Fc as soon as the Prince's orders were over. Her head titled up when she felt the cold sensation of Fc's nose and muzzle on her cheek. She closed her eyes and the fur on her back bristled with happiness from the love and cherishment she received from Fc.

As they continued to walk along hte Pride rock her feet squished into the mud that was around the back of it. She really didn't mind getting dirty. SHe might be scared and inoccent, but she was not a priss for getting dirty and such. She wouldget things done, might not be to social about it, but she would get them done.

She would soon come out of her shell. Since the more time she spent around Fc the more time she was able to socialize with him and sometimes others. But for now she stayted at Fc's side just the way she liked it.

As she continued to walk her ears twitched with worry fo some sort and then she heard Fc whisper those kind words into her ear that made chills run up her spine. They were good, but it also sounded like he was saying a promie that he might just have to keep and do soon. She brushed off her chills assuming htat i twas just her paranoid self getting worked up about nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kisirani gave a thankful nod towards the prince when he said she could stay in the pridal cave, thus she would out of harms way. The dark furred feline ascended the steps up towards the promontory and the caves giving a wide berth between herself and the lionesses comming down to join their pridemates in the defense of the kopje. The little lion laid her ears back slightly, she knew that this was serious and it might turn into a bloody affair if they were indeed attacked.

Kisirani enterd the dark cave, and huddled down in the darkest of the corners, way back in the cave beyond the raised platform where the royalty slept. Her dark fur would keep her hidden from enemy eyes, atleast if she didn't move nor made any sounds. If they found her, she would have to have a back-up plan in mind, should such an emergancy occur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The winds felt like they had changed and it didn?t feel like it was to be for the good; inside of him he felt a cold feeling in his stomach making him want to lurch. This wasn?t brought on by his old wounds this time round but the sheer fact he was nervous as hell being in command the first time and what the outcome would be; on the other paw in the back of his mind though he felt excited and yearned to prove himself in such a way but he never knew it would be this soon he?d have to show it to his pride.

He padded pretty much back and forth gazing in both directions and side to side as the minutes rolled by. His pride had done a marvellous job in taking in his orders and from his two what you could called lieutenants in setting up the defence and looking out across the darkness of the savannah as the storm beat down on them with no mercy vision heavily reduced and any sort of scent hard to pick up.

From looking above on the rock he tried his hardest to squint and get a better view out over the open ground but only succeeded in nearly giving himself a hell of a headache in doing so but continued his best to look out. He moved over to the rear side where FC was patrolling and looked out a moment; he was about to turn away when he thought he saw some movement just some way out. For a moment he thought he was seeing something but seeing it move again he became highly suspicious.

?FC?? Twilight yelled down against the sound of the storm ?I see some movement just out a head of you make sure the lionesses keep on their toes for any movement should it get closer. I?m going to check the other sides a moment; see if there is any movements there? he finished yelling as he moved to look across the sides a moment before the front seeing some movement up there as well this time seeing more movement than the other side.

He swore under his breath a moment and felt that cold sick feeling again knowing the worst was indeed true here; something was coming this way and it wasn?t going to be friendly.

?Cova!? He yelled out to her ?We got movement coming this way right toward you; stand your ground and let them make the first move. Let them give themselves away and attack back. Keep your eyes sharp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rouges on either side were close now and getting into final positions before they pounced and strike. The three young rouges waiting for a sign of their father to make his first move before they went ahead keeping silent not to give themselves away as their bodies sank deep in the mud covering them decently not to be seen easily.

The sight of a lion and the lionesses setting up a perimeter struck a bitter blow as to what he had hoped would be quite an easy task accelerate into something that was classed as highly difficult if not suicide. Seeing the lion to dask to the other side it was now or never to strike.

The old lion looked over to his young prot?g?e and growled out loudly to catch attention of the other three rouges as they charged toward the lioness wall. The three young rouges to distract and occupy the lionesses at the bottom while the prot?g?e and the father would try and take out the two lions they had spotted.

They were within a good few feet of the lionesses either side.

?Die!? the only words growled loudly by one of the young rouges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cova frowned as she glanced sideways at the Male rouge 'Santiago' a quizzical and slight disgusted look about her as she took a step slightly further away from the male as she stopped.

"An Illness?!...By god you better have not brought any kind if disease here!........Fool!"

Stepping further away from him as a couple of the Lionesses began to mutter seeing and hearing the confrontation. She couldn't believe that he would come into contact with other lions! what if the whole pride could become ill!! All these thoughts rushing at once making her slightly panic as even more wind howled behind her.

?Cova! We got movement coming this way" Was the line that suddenly broke her thought pattern, its call echoed on the wind and quite faint but she just about heard what was said out aloud...She dragged her vision away from Santiago long enough to look upwards to see the yellow form of Twilight disappear back over the promenade of the rock...Growling she looked at the Male, scowling before bolting in an anti-clockwise direction around the base of pride Rock to the direction where Twilight had suggested then Enemy were coming from.

As she sprinted around to the other side, her view line steadily revealing more and more around Pride Rock's base, she saw what seemed to be Lions..The hazy rain made things difficult but the closer she got, the more sure she was that an attack was on.

"ATTACK!!... SOUTH SIDE!!"

She screamed over her shoulder to rally more of the Lionesses that were spread out to follow her to help the defenders that had just already come to blows with the males. Large Roars and the sounds of the muddy floor pounded rung out as Cova saw a scruffy, dark looking male, who had already pounced atop one of her fellow pride members, Take a chunk out of the Lionesses shoulder to which painful calls and a blur of Red made her panic. Without thinking she charged into the fray, more battling taking part beyond this particular male, but she could only concentrate on one at a time. Leaping, her claws bared as she collided into the Male, the both of them landing with an almighty splash in the thick mud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Santiago prepared for battle before walking over to Cova. He felt ready for whatever was thrown his way. Stay confident, but not cocky. That was what Kago had told his son time and time again and it seems to have paid off so far, but would his luck continue? That was the one thing that Santiago constantly asked himself before going into battle, and that was the one thing he remembered with every day of wandering for a place to call home.

"Just so you know, sweetpea, that was twenty-four years ago. If I were infected I'd be dead." Santiago said before looking up as a lioness charged towards him causing the lion to dodge to the right before whirling around to scratch the lioness across the face before growling as an attempt to intimidate his enemy. Santiago was no stranger to intimidation tactics, but he had a feeling he'd have to resort to real fighting rather than non-lethal tactics. Unfortunately, he had neglected to check over his shoulder and paid dearly for that as another lioness pounced on top of him and pinned him before scratching at him, hitting him in the face twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Twilight's call sounded over the thundering rain that was batting down on the Pridelands hard and consistant. He heard the Prince's voice alerting him of movement ahead before Twilight's call was swallowed up by a roar of thunder. FC studied him from his position on the ground near the back of Pride Rock. He looked to Iliana who was at his side, as always and then out to the horizon where he was beginning to see shadows slinking closer and closer toward them.

FC's heart sunk when he realized that this would be his first real battle. His whole body tingled with anxiety, especially now that he had Iliana to protect. He'd promised he wouldn't let anything happen to her, and it was a promise he intended to keep...even if it meant sacrificing his life.

He'd also promised Twilight he'd look out for the rest of the lioness since he was one of the only other males in the Pride, this was another task that'd make this battle more difficult. However, the young lion raised his head, sea-green gaze narrowed in concentration at the figures ahead.

When the young Prince's voice sounded again over the constant hum of precipitiation, FC knew it was time to get serious. He unsheathed his claws as a powerful gust of wind blew his bangs up. "Whatever happens," FC said to the tigress at his side, "just know I love you and I'll be right beside you..." he told her before roaring into the air--a warning cry to the lions and lioness approaching with rapid speed.

FC leapt ahead of Iliana so that he was standing in the front of his line. He noticed with growing fear that it seemed asthough the head hancho's of this pack were targeting him...which was not good, at ALL!

"Iliana, if anything happens, promise me you'll run to the cave." He stared straight ahead as the rogues were closing in. "Promise me!" he called back to her, his eyes clouded with fear, not for himself, but for the one true treasure in his life. He braced himself for any blow they had to give him, his body arched and tensed--ready for whatever came his way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iliana knew that she porbly should have trusted her senses and gut and told Fc that something felt wrong, but of course she was a frady cat and ignored it because she didn't want to be a burden. As sh watched the shadows around them form her ears lowered, but she stayed at Fc's side. She watched him walk up closer and closer to the shadows that she could see out in the near distance, but not make out any faces.

" I can't promise you anything... I will stay here Fc.." she stuttered being a slight more assertive than she usually is. her ears lowered in shame as she thought that she spoke out of turn when she was disobeying Fc's orders. SHe knew what answer he wanted from her, but she just could not leave him there to fend for himself. She wanted to be proven nobel. She wanted to help and when she was needed she would, but it always seemed as if Fc didn't want her to. She was scared to most times, but during times like this she didn't want Fc to think he had to protect her.. she wanted to help.. she loved him.

" I don't want to leave you...and.. and I.I love you to.." she stuttered out once more as she heard the loud sounds of rogues.. dangerou rogues aproching them. She didn't know what to do? SHoudl she fight, should she hide? WHat was a small tigress like her supposed to do when she had alreayd told Fc he could count on her?