FC nodded firmly to Twilight's response. "I understand, I'm just a bit uneasy about it, that's all..." he explained as a lick of wind made his bangs blow majestically from his face for a few moments. He wished his father could see him now...talking with the Prince, being given orders to protect the lioness...it was too much. FC's heart was beating rapidly in his chest and it felt asthough it would burst from his ribcage if he wasn't careful.

He watched Twilight turn his attention to the rogues and decided to move out with the rest of them. He looked over at Iliana who had already begun to follow Cova down the side of Pride Rock. FC studied her expression, noting the crestfallen expression she wore on her sweet features that he'd grown so accustomed to. "You alright?" he asked, thinking she may be afraid of all this chaos. Without waiting for a response, he leaned in and pressed his muzzle to her cheek, rubbing his face against hers in a reassuring nuzzle. "You look a little..." he didn't bother to finish, his eyes clouding with worry for her.

He bit his lip and then looked down at the wet stoned path until Cova stopped in front of him to chat with the male rogue. Every hair on FC's pelt bristled with insecurity when he heard her order Santiago to come with her--but Cova was a big girl, she could handle herself...he hoped. FC turned back to Iliana, he'd wait for this traffic to pass before guiding her to the back of Pride Rock where he knew it'd be the most treacherous and mucky. He was worried about having Iliana out there with him since he was not the biggest of lions yet--but he knew he would protect her with his life.

He turned to her while they waited, hoping she'd say a little something to him. He was truly worried for her at this moment, her silence unnerved him, especially in this time of anxious waiting. "Don't be afraid..." he whispered to her, "I won't let anything happen to you..."

He wished, at that moment, that there was someone who would whisper that same thing in his ear...not that he'd ever admit as much.