Oh bugger!
Santiago sat there listening and realized that if he didn't take the initiative to step out and face the lion outside, then he'd be outnumbered by the rest of the pride. Well, here goes nothing. He thought as he stood up and stepped out of his hiding spot.

"Panicking the rest of your pride will not do anybody any good. Sorry if my presence startles you, but I'm a nomad. I come from the Kalahari where I was the heir to my father's pride. I was sent away for my safety when a mysterious illness swept over my father's kingdom and began to effect every living thing within the borders of it. I've been wandering ever since. Forgive me for hiding, but I've been through my fair share of...arguments throughout my life and I wasn't sure if I could fully trust anybody here. You have my word that I won't harm you nor your pride." Santiago said as he stepped out of the darkness from inside the set of rocks, something that he thought took a lot of guts to do. He stood there waiting for a reply as a flashback went though his head.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here." A male voice said from behind Santiago as he took a drink of water from a large puddle somewhere far away from the Pridelands. The sound of the voice caused Santiago to stop drinking and look up before turning around and looking at a lion and a lioness standing there and glaring at him.

"You've wandered well out of your pride's land young one. Too bad you're gonna pay the price for it." The lioness said as she lunged at Santiago.

Brilliant. Santiago thought sarcastically as he jumped to the side to avoid the lioness as she tried to scratch him. Meanwhile the lion roared and charged at Santiago who sent a paw out and swung at the lion, scratching the enemy hard and causing him to stumble before falling as the lioness pounced Santiago and pinned him down before scratching him. Santiago closed his eyes truly believing that it was the end, but it wasn't. After falling unconscious, Santiago was spotted by a lioness from a nearby pride.

A few hours later Santiago woke up in a den with a lioness cleaning up his face as the pride's king stood there and looked at him.

"What happened?" Santiago asked the king.

"You had been attacked by outcasts from our pride. You're lucky that one of my lionesses found you. After you recover you can stay here for good if you'd like." The king replied rather generously.

"Thanks." Santiago said as the lioness walked away. He only stayed for a month before moving on.