As Katai and Jaini closed in on the mountain range, the rain started to fall. For Katai, it was refreshing; he hadn't experienced a rainfall like this for a while, but for others, it was pretty much the opposite.

"Dad! I'm getting all wet!" Jaini cried out, as he tried shielding himself from his paws with his paws.

Katai sighed and rolled his eyes, not understanding why Jaini was being so numb, "Jaini, it's only a bit of rain...it's not like it's going to kill you..."

Before he could continue, Jaini interrupted, "For you maybe, you're a grown up...you should be used to this type of stuff!"

Sighing once more, it was one of those moments where Katai had to think of a solution if they were to continue, "Alright...we'll find somewhere to shelter, but don't forget that we won't get to our destination any quicker..."

The rain continued to fall.

However, before Jaini could say anything else, a loud roar was heard in the distance. He immediately glared up at Katai with a show of fear in his eyes, "Daaad...did...you hear that?" he whimpered; the show of his fear was obvious.

Katai's ears twitched backwards and forwards. He sniffed up catching no scent of anything around them, but he knew that it was coming from somewhere close; his first instinct was that it was coming from over the mountain range, but he could be wrong, "It sounded like a lion roaring from somewhere..." He looked up again, his ears twitching and flickering as he heard the second roar, "...I think it was coming from over the mountains..." He looked down to Jaini, taking notice that he was still scared. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about...you're safe with me." Katai put his large, muscular paw around his son as a sign of love and affection, and then giving him a loving lick as they sheltered under a tree; the rain was slowing down now.

As the mist of the rainfall faded, a familiar looking rock became visible. Katai knew where he was now; he was in the Pridelands. Jaini looked up out of curiousity, wandering what his father was staring at, "Dad, what you staring at?"

It took a few seconds for Katai to come out of his daze, but as soon as he did, he looked down at his son before looking back up again, "That's Pride Rock, Jaini..."

Hearing the roar once more, he knew that it was a roar for attention, and that it was coming from Pride Rock, so Katai decided to roar back too hoping that he'd get some answer.