Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continue TLK Petition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Continue TLK Petition

Hello, my name is Tyler and if you want to petition Disney to continue TLK, sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/lionking/petition.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Euhm, no thanks :s

Disney really can't make sequels :s

I would love a new one, if the "classic" department would work on it, because then you know you get high quality graphics/characters and a good story (well, the story is optional, haha, it's the grapics which always stink in sequels).

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would tend to agree with Nathalie, insomuch as the story and animation probably are never going to be on par with the original. Personally, I'm more concerned about the story. While Simba's Pride's animation appeared shoddy in comparison to the first movie, the story was fairly compelling with plenty of drama and action in addition to comedy. The third movie (1 1/2 or 3) looked pretty good for another direct to video sequel but the story seemed more geared toward younger children rather than the entire family. If they can create a story that is as compelling as the original then maybe it's worth a shot, but I am highly doubtful considering what I'm seeing from Disney nowadays: movies geared for people with shorter attention spans that try to pull your heartstrings despite less emphasis on a coherent plot. Granted, Disney movies nowadays aren't at all bad, they're just not from the same production team, animators, etc. and don't have the same sort of style, theme, attitude, or what have you that makes the Lion King distinct.

I'm interested in seeing Disney return to making the sort of movies that have the same amount of depth that the Lion King had, but about other subjects. There's a whole animal kingdom (and all of humanity) to explore. And, it would be great to see Disney make movies that the whole family (including parents and childless adults) can watch instead of catering mainly to the lowest denominator (young children). I'm interested in seeing any movie from them that can do that, regardless of whether it's a Lion King sequel or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alas, the Disney sequals and continuations have not been up to par, and have greatly disappointed me. I'll have to say no to the petition. However, I agree with Nathalie. If they can come up with one in "classic" style, I will watch it. As for a good storyline, that would of course remain to be seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'll pass. =/

Personally, I think it'd be a better idea if Disney didn't continue TLK.

After seeing what Disney could do with TLK3, I would've rather Disney stayed with just TLK and the sequel, if not just TLK alone. Disney aren't experts with sequels (I think there's enough evidence there from some of the latest Disney movies) but yeah. I think if they were to make another new one (which I doubt anyway) it'd probably take away the magic of the original. And if not that, I doubt it'd get far as much as interest/sales are concerned.

However, like Nathalie said, I would probably watch it if Disney came up with some idea to make it in the classic Disney style and not the new animation style. And if they could come up with some good storyline (that made sense obviously) then I'd welcome it.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok i'll sign it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nope TLK hade a chance to make an atleast decent sequal or prequal to TLK "like mufasa and scars time or something" but tottaly ...well raped it i and as stated upove disney has prove that they cant make good sequals" anymore" if you ask me ..the old sequals like TLK2 where good...but the latest ones...nope disney proved that when they made fun of there own movie with TLK 3 (or whatever its called)

so nope

id be curies and watch it ofcurse as the hardcore fan i am but i wouldent have expentations...besides..i think disney had enough of TLK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney did kill off their late-90s-early-00s direct-to-VHS/DVD sequel factory recently...

Things like SP were embarassing.

I wonder what the future of the "Disney sequel" in general will be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There won't be any more sequels besides what's already in production.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha. Personally, I would sign a petition to STOP Disney from making more sequels.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They already announced they won't make sequels in general anymore. Let's just hope they'll stick to that.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    they should have thought about that 10 years ago :woeisme:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ?nathalie?
    They already announced they won't make sequels in general anymore. Let's just hope they'll stick to that.
    They actually fired the woman in charge of the sequels a few months ago. I think they'll stick to it.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ooh, didn't heard that yet, but is actually great news for us, hehe ^^

Sorry they fired her though, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My opinion on the Direct to video sequels, is that they made a mistake by calling them sequels and giving them numbers.
    If they hadn't called Simba's pride "Lion King 2", and marketed it as a spin-off of and not a sequel, I'm sure most people wouldn't have mind.
    Am I the only one who liked TLK 3 even more than TLK 2, and found it to be one of the most funniest animated film?...(TLK 1 1/2 is TLK 3 outside of the US)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by steetboris
    Am I the only one who liked TLK 3 even more than TLK 2, and found it to be one of the most funniest animated film?...(TLK 1 1/2 is TLK 3 outside of the US)
    Nope. I prefer 1.5 to SP honestly. I think it's hilarious.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this mean you will sign the petition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by HasiraKali
    Nope. I prefer 1.5 to SP honestly. I think it's hilarious.
    i agree, TLK2 is teh suxorz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frankly, I'd rather iron my face than see another shambles that is a Disney sequel.

They made a fantastic movie in 1994, and they should've left it at that.

So signature from me I'm afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sorry to say that there won't be any signature from me. No offense but I didn't really enjoy TLK 2. Don't get me wrong I know there are worse Disney sequels out there but TLK 2 just didn't really click with me. I'll admit that I like the music from the movie. As for TLK 1.5 I loved the animation and I laughed at some parts but I didn't like the fact that it ruined some of the greatest moments from The Lion King for me, but I still love the first movie ^___^ Ok I'll stop now before I get to rambling...
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04