Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Brother Bear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes i can lol right i have figured out that you are rutt because he is a bit dumb lol and you can be blonde at times! and i am tuke (i still dont know how to say his name) lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really liked this film. I don't really like it's animation in parts, but this is a very emotional film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Brother Bear II wasn't too bad. though it bugged me that Nita was a cross between Pocahontas and Mulan :Ooo:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love brother bear, but I love TLK more. I always think brother bear is a little 'brother' for TLK since they use traditional animation and there are some resemble between two movies, both tender and bitter moment.

But I don't really like the sequel, I always think disney make sequels aim for children since they all put for Direct-to-home video or put it into saturday morning slots.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I watched BB recently with a friend and I cried a little. ^^' I almost forgot how much I love this movie.

I love brother bear, but I love TLK more. I always think brother bear is a little 'brother' for TLK since they use traditional animation and there are some resemble between two movies, both tender and bitter moment.
    We think alike! I guess some people in Disney wanted to make another movie like The Lion King, but NOT another Lion King. I see Brother Bear as spiritual successor to TLK - these movies share some parts, you can easily spot some scenes inspired by The Lion King... but in a good way. In a way that makes me feel sentimental.

It's really sad for me that Brother Bear is underrated; almost... forgotten? There is no active BB fanbase, no merchandise, no people on social media talking "Remember Brother Bear?" over and over again like they do with The Lion King.

Oh, by the way - some time ago I even commissioned a picture of my fursona transformed into a bear. Here's the outcome: http://fav.me/d8am7lr ^^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Brother Bear is a great film. I love the music and the backgrounds are just gorgeous.

There's a small presence for the film at the parks. California Adventure has totems and a meet and greet with Koda along with Epcot (ocassionally).

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Disneyland in Orlando offered some merchandising (cups), but thats it. In Anaheim I didn't saw anything and even the Disney stores are empty. I totally agree that it is underrated. At least they released BB on Blu-Ray, although this version had some problems with the unexpected aspect ratio issues. I'm not talking about the sudden switch to 16:9, when Koda was transformed into a bear. I actually liked that idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Brother Bear is alright to me, I love the humor and I love the Message.

But what hooked me up with Brother Bear is the soundtrack, I really love 'em, if I ever feel burnout from The Lion King soundtrack? I would usually change it to BB.

I really love On My Way and Welcome, it shows how universal the music is with putting movie content at the same time.

I would list The Lion King, Emperor's New Groove, and Brother Bear as my favorite Disney soundtrack.

------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Nit View Post
    We think alike! I guess some people in Disney wanted to make another movie like The Lion King, but NOT another Lion King. I see Brother Bear as spiritual successor to TLK - these movies share some parts, you can easily spot some scenes inspired by The Lion King... but in a good way. In a way that makes me feel sentimental.

Yeah, you're right. They aimed at the right target on making another movie like TLK. That's why I was hype watching it on cinema 11 years ago, I was pleased with the movie, As above it's alright because it's been 5 years since I watch the movie, unlike TLK that I can watch anytime I want on my PC.

I like when you said "Spiritual successor" for TLK, for me (IMO) it is true that they want to attract us again with similar message and animation.
    Last edited by Guntur; January 8th, 2016 at 01:26 PM.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I do love me some Brother Bear. I remember obsessively drawing bears for a while after the movie came out. There was a small fandom pocket on DA a few years back, but I have no idea if they're still active. I think the transformation scene is still one of the prettiest sequences in 2D animation. That music makes it so powerful for me as well. T_T

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    [...]At least they released BB on Blu-Ray, although this version had some problems with the unexpected aspect ratio issues. I'm not talking about the sudden switch to 16:9, when Koda was transformed into a bear. I actually liked that idea.
    What happened? I don't know any issue about aspect ratio in blu-ray release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windowbox_%28film%29

It's a great thing for 21:9 TV owners though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, this is not an "issue" because they wanted to kept in the blu-ray the same idea saw in cinemas that " bears see wider than humans"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's true, but if I remember correctly in the DVD edition it was 4:3. They at least fill the screens to two borders. I also think they used it as a symbol that Koda got an more open mind as bear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s-tlk View Post
    That's true, but if I remember correctly in the DVD edition it was 4:3. They at least fill the screens to two borders. I also think they used it as a symbol that Koda got an more open mind as bear.
    Acctually, that cutted the movie frame, in both aspect ratios, being more perceivable after koda transformation. I hated it, I prefer having a small frame (which can be corrected using your tv remote) than losing movie frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm, for some weird reason I didn't reply on this thread from 2004 to 2006.

No one mention Jason Raize or Denahi in this thread at all, I was expecting people would respond about His death in this thread.

Maybe before end of this year I will buy Brother Bear, The Lion King, and Star Wars blu ray for me to enjoy this cool animation again.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I have Watched this movie...It's amazing.I like it.