I think that it's important to realize that science and nature do not always follow what man wants to believe. If we silence evolution because it's unpopular, that doesn't make evolution quit working. Likewise, even if a religion is in direct conflict with evolution, one cannot remove such conflict by removing the education therein. Assuming such religion and evolution are both factual and incompatible, there would be no reconciliation between the two even if man decides to remain ignorant to the concept, as both would still exist. Thus, it's important to explore such conflict from all angles and see if, in fact, a conflict must exist. In the end, ignoring a fact does not make it go away, and teaching a falsity does not make it a fact. Truth, whatever that may be, remains the truth regardless of what one chooses to believe.

Granted, it's entirely possible that evolution is not the proper and factual explanation for today's biodiversity. If that is the case, then I am confident that it will fall by the way-side was time and information progresses. As of right now, however, it is the best explanation that science has to answer a tough question. This explanation has been supported by tremendous data from uncountable research endeavors spanning more than one hundred years -- research from world renowned scientists, university professors, and university students (Even myself at a university level). So far what we have seen points towards the validity of evolution, and if that changes, science will be ready to accomodate the next great theory. With the understanding that data should not be altered by the scientist's biases and beliefs, it would be inherently unscientific, and grossly inexcusable, to refuse to teach a theory of science in a science class on the grounds of religious conflict.

If nothing else, it's important to remember that science and religion are two different cups of tea. Science is meant to explain the physical, natural world with testable predictions resulting in observable data. Religion explains a supernatural and non-physical setting that is generally considered impossible to observe under most conditions (ie, being alive). Thus, these are two different fields that need not conflict, as one can not remain in its intended use and either prove or disprove the other. So we find evolution to be factual, that doesn't mean that God(s) didn't make it that way. Actually, I personally think that it's wrong to say that God cannot or did not use evolution as a tool, I mean, who are we to decide what God couldn't and didn't do?