Originally posted by Xinithian
But, if you educate people on Creationism, you must educate them on every theory, from Native American folklore to Hinduism, etc. That's where the Flying Spaghetti Monster comes in. Basically, you can create a ridiculous theory of how the world came to be and label it as religion. You don't need scientific and supported theories to create a religion. Therefore, why should we teach something that has no scientific proof in a Science class?

For example, if I had a religion that believes that all car accidents without any witnesses or survivors were caused by aliens, you would think that it's crazy because we have physicists that can nearly exactly explain what happened to make those cars crash. So why should we teach religion with evolution? You don't think that nearly all scientists support evolution for no good reason, do you? These people devote their lives into research, and suddenly we're going to believe that some person has just enough merit because they read it in a book which was written thousands of years ago? That would be like me being a coach for a professional sports team because ultimately, strategies are all theories anyways, and according to those that support Creationism, theories are all equal since none has been definitely proven.

well there you go "theories are all equal" so then teatching religion and sicance should be equal ? dont ya think?

as STM said i think its important to teatch religion aswel.

( why should we teach something that has no scientific proof in a Science class?))

say whatever you want but Creationism is being studied in morden day and is being scientificly brught forth...they study learn look at old bones with scars on looking at earth with scars on etc getting forth that the earth was created with a big bang (or so they say)

that is "acording to me" way more realistic and earth close then a book basecly saying" a dude named god just randomly appeard one day and felt like creating earth and thus adam and eve.

but frankly i couldent give less damn abut how the earth was created i just live in it

back on topic i think its intresting how these kinds of things come up becouse you see in sweden we dont have anything close to this..

"teatch religion" (athists whine) ahh crap teatch creation "christans whine" Ahwww the hell with it teatch both and on duty teatcher have nothing to say abut it and let the students deside

and as ya said why teatch out stuff that aint fully scientisit proof?...well hear me out.

i dont belive a got damn thing abut god and stuff like that..however my ears are pearked on realigun class why? becouse i find it intresting i find it fun to look at it on other folks point of view "or laugh and not beliveing how diffrently they think from me " (nothing bad ment there)

however if i would just think its all aloud of crap i wouldnt lissen that mutch would i? never the less care .

same goes for the creation and related to monkeys thingy if am a hardcore beliver it just goes in to the ear and out of the other..i think folks are afried, parents the most" from both sides" that if they teatch both things...there kid might go Athist..or realigus..and i think that scares em...

but we dont have any problems like that in sweden here realigus teatching and monkeys related to humans go side by side holding there hands

ya see when we get tests abut realigon it says like this" witch one of these belives in god"

Christans:

Muslims:

Monkeys: okay kidding xP

Munks:

Athist:

now then il answer that christans belive in god Muslims in Allah "etc etc"

ya never get the question" do god excist?" you just learn alot abut the religion and then place what they belive...then you can place yourself in one of those chategories if ya wish