i agree that evolution is poorly taught in schools these days, but its not really the curriculum's fault that most teachers in high school or lower levels of classes just suck at their jobs. evolution is pretty much the only thing in biology that even remotely interests me and its only been really well-taught for me when i looked up stuff about it myself. public schools arent really teaching facilities anymore... theyre free babysitting. only about one in ten teachers actually do what teachers are supposed to do. evolution seems to be one of those subjects teachers struggle with a lot. maybe theyre too overly conscious about students who have strong religious beliefs and they just want to avoid conflict with them (teachers hate it when students challenge them on anything... trust me, i know since i did it all the time and still do as a college student). biology teachers who dont teach evolution probably avoid the subject because its more convenient for them to avoid it.

science education (in general and not just with biology and evolution) is suffering. my old high school was so underfunded that the only materials we had to experiment with in chemistry was water, salt and vinegar. its sad, but it cant be helped. the people dont want science being taught anymore. we had measures that tried to be passed in the last few local elections that would give more funding to science programs around the state but each time, the people voted "no" so the measure failed. just one more reason i dislike letting the majority make decisions *shakes head*.

biology classes should teach about evolution since its a theory within biology and quite a major one at that. i see no reason why it shouldnt be in the curriculum for biology but teachers tend to avoid it and theres not much that can be helped about that.