Thread: Taka versus Scar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still need to pick those up someplace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mushroom
    Yeah Ngatuny! That would be soo cool!
    Then count on it, I will post a thread when they are ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Snowy
    Heh, now you've got me worried that I've sung its praises too much and you'll be disappointed
    I will never be disappointed bt TLK stuff, but I was disappointed by ebay. I'm so lucky to find a TLK6NA set yesterday, someone overbid me while i was sleeping. The auction ended before I notice, that guy won by $26.00.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was lucky when I found a set on ebay with a Buy it Now option for only $8.00... Obviously the seller didn't know how much TLK fans are willing to pay for these sets. Just keep looking, I'm sure you will find another set. You might get lucky and get one for cheap.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Huma
    I will never be disappointed bt TLK stuff, but I was disappointed by ebay. I'm so lucky to find a TLK6NA set yesterday, someone overbid me while i was sleeping. The auction ended before I notice, that guy won by $26.00.
    Sniper bid? I hate those. Don't despair, though, as the set tends to show up on eBay (in whole or in parts) fairly regularly. When I'm actively and regularly looking, I don't think I've seen it go more than a couple months without another one of decent quality and most of the books present popping up. My advice would be to use varied and rather broad searches -- "lion king book," "lion king grolier", even simply "lion king" -- if you aren't already, since not all sellers list the set by proper name. True, you wind up having to wade through a lot of stuff you're not looking for, but you're also less likely to miss it should you have the time to do that wading. Good luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My advice would be to use varied and rather broad searches -- "lion king book," "lion king grolier", even simply "lion king" -- if you aren't already, since not all sellers list the set by proper name. True, you wind up having to wade through a lot of stuff you're not looking for, but you're also less likely to miss it should you have the time to do that wading. Good luck.
    Yes, that is good advice, that's what I did. The auction I won, I think think the title was, "6 Lion King Books" Or something like that. The bookcase was included too. So you gotta do a lot of searching. But I wish you luck as well. :-)

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn I like to get thoes books I really want thoes... but there is no chace taht I can buy them from E-bay or place like that... because I can't get Pay Pal to work

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
    Damn I like to get thoes books I really want thoes... but there is no chace taht I can buy them from E-bay or place like that... because I can't get Pay Pal to work
    You don't always need PayPal. I've made many a purchase on eBay without ever signing up for that service. So long as the seller takes other forms of payment (money orders are the way I typically pay), PayPal shouldn't be an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WHoa! Very interesting posts everyone! I loved learning more about Scar, how he got his "scar", etc. My I.Q has risen quite a bit now, LOL! Thanks everyone!

Ngatuny:Sounds great NG! Looking forward to them!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You don't always need PayPal. I've made many a purchase on eBay without ever signing up for that service. So long as the seller takes other forms of payment (money orders are the way I typically pay), PayPal shouldn't be an issue.
    Yeah I went over two years of using ebay without ever signing up for PayPal. Money orders are the way I usually pay too. I bought my set of these books with a money order.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I stopped by a used book store today and, lo and behold, there was a copy of this six-volume set. That was kind of random, because I only went in to kill a little time and found something for which I'd been on the look-out for a few weeks.

I'm going to Michigan in a few hours for a work-related conference. Should be there for six days. So I'll read one per night and write a summary of each--should help with my fan fiction. I'll post the summaries next week if anyone's interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DarkFuzzy
    I stopped by a used book store today and, low and behold, there was a copy of this six-volume set. That was kind of random, because I only went in to kill a little time and found something for which I'd been on the look-out for a few weeks.

I'm going to Michigan in a few hours for a work-related conference. Should be there for six days. So I'll read one per night and write a summary of each--should help with my fan fiction. I'll post the summaries next week if anyone's interested.
    That is how I got my set too, and good luck on your trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Michigan eh DarkFuzzy? That's cool, welcome to my home! XD It's boring but 'be it ever so humble, there's no place like home' =P

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have nice trip and remeber to read thoes books in plain... I miss you already Like I tell you before

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *waves to DarkFuzzy as he enters Michigan* Heya hehe I'm goofy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I'm back. Michigan ... nice place, good people. A welcome change from the overwhelming busy-ness of the Bay Area. Michigan wasn't too bad the past week. Only 2 days of snow out of five, and I seemed to have missed some of this heat wave here on the west coast.

But back to the topic at hand, I didn't actually get around to reading all of the books (as much as I told myself I wasn't going to ... yeah, I went drinking, quite a bit). But now that I have time to recuperate from all this traveling, I hope to finish them and post those outlines soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome back DarkFuzzy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome back DarkFuzzy! I've been to Michigan before, about 9 years ago! I have relatives there!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome back DarkFuzzy! Glad you're back!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys. Glad to be back in action.