Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Community Advice Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys.

Originally posted by ReVo
    And I'm sure even he has been in small car accidents.
    He has, he's been in a few actually. He actually killed one of our cars off from drink driving, so what does that tell you?

Originally posted by Sharifu
    Aww KS! How awful! Did you tell your mom about that? No way should your dad do that to you!

I hope your mom will take you driving, because you obviously can't with your dad. (And your instructor isn't any better)
    Yeah, I told my mum about it straight afterwards. She told my dad that what he did was wrong. He seemed pretty remorseful after that, but he hasn't apologised to me yet, so I wouldn't believe it until he does.

I told him that I'm doing driving with my mum from now on, but all he said was stuff like "You're not driving in this car again! You almost wrecked it!" etc. She has one hell of a lot more patience than my dad, and she doesn't shout at me whenever I do a mistake like both my instructor and dad does. I read something up on the internet and it said when somebody's learning to drive, whoever's learning them should be patient and calm with them, and that it's no good to shout at a learner if they make a mistake as it drops their confidence. Usually, in driving lessons, the instructors pull you over to talk to you about what you did wrong, not ball and shout whilst you're concentrating on driving. It seems to make you a more erratic driver if someone shouts at you when driving.

Thanks Audra.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Omg :s I can't believe your dad actually did that o_O

Don't know what actually would be a good thing to do ... only telling your mom about it, and hoping she can knock some sence in him, to never touch his kids like that anymore.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba
    Thanks guys.

He has, he's been in a few actually. He actually killed one of our cars off from drink driving, so what does that tell you?
    Yeah, I told my mum about it straight afterwards. She told my dad that what he did was wrong. He seemed pretty remorseful after that
    Like father like daughter? naww j/k

The same thing like my father did to me, there's a thread I make after he beat me 3 years ago. I'm glad things are getting better
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey guys...

well its been an interesting few days. last week, i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, which is not fun. then, a couple nights ago, i was at my friends house to spend the night..

*this is a combination of what i remember and what my friend has told me*

I sat on the edge of her bed, looking out the window, when i saw people in lab coats... i knew they were coming for me. "Ayesha," I whispered, "I feel like.. i think... i think something's coming to get me." mere seconds later, i went pale as i gasped for breath. Those people were coming to get me, i knew it. i threw myself across my friend. i didn't want them to get her as well. i knew they would drag me away, but she did nothing, she didn't deserve to be hurt. "i won't let them take you, they can drag me away, but i won't let them hurt you!" i screamed. I knew they were coming closer, and that time was running out. In a moment, they were almost there. i could see them. my friend held me in her arms as i tried to throw myself at what was coming... screaming and sobbing "they're coming to strangle you, but i won't let them, i won't let them.. they've already strangled me." i was in hysterics by now. then all of a sudden, it started to fade. i realized that no one was after me. and i cried, i cried so hard as i started to come down. my friend asked me to point at what was there... i pointed at a bottle of nail polish remover. Why this? i am a recovering addict to inhalants. they say i went into a seizure after this. i could not think unless i spoke out loud, and as i slowly drifted to sleep, i refused to believe anything ever happened.

needless to say, the next day i was brought to the hospital since i had not stopped shaking, and i had no control over my limbs. they then said as well as being bipolar, i also have an anxiety disorder.

its been an interesting few days.

and KS, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I've been in your situation, and it's not fun...

~Simbaspirt

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that SimbaSpirit. That's some bad problems ya got there.

I can't stand younger kids having those problems, especially.

You're in my heart friend, strive to make it through those weaker moments, and get well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'll be alright Simbaspirit , You're in my heart too my friend.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So sorry to hear about that KS, that's terrible. The only thing I can suggest to make you feel ok with driving is change your driving instructor. You don't have to stick with the same one, if you're not happy with them you should change, you are paying them after all. Don't worry about changing drivers. Hopefully your dad doesn't do that again though. Maybe only go driving with your mum?

Simbaspirit, I'm sorry for what you're going through. I can't imagine what it's like. Hopefully things get better for you. I really don't know what to say.

to you both.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thank you guys, your words mean a lot *hugs all around*

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3