Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Community Advice Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Utora, about the driving lesson situation, could you ask a friend's parents and in return do household chores for them? About the rest of the situation, I don't know for sure what to say. But, I do think telling the psyhciatrist was a good first step. I will keep you in prayer and I hope the best for you.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Screw a car I'm God damn getting myself a tank. A nice Abrahms. Go to work and just the fact I parked it 10 feet into the building ought to let them know I'm not in the mood for their advice.

[sighs] I'm not even going to look at my old post. It's going to happen, maybe without me knowing. I'll conquer this bastard. I'll make him die for me. Screw this self sacrifice. He won't let -it- go! I can't read him. But my boot can and it's gunna kick his ***.

[sighs and scratches head]

But I'm thinking about begging my sister to teach me to drive. I know really, just the paraelle parking. I know I can do it; but I'm going to make sure. I mean b e g. Not ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, I need some advice again. It sort of involves the "friend" I made reference to in my last post asking for advice. Well, today at work I was let go. But, starting about a month ago management and the owner really started getting on my case. They claimed that I have been slacking, acting lazy and taking excessive breaks. But, the thing is I only took a ten-minute lunch break when I was alloted a half-hour and bathroom breaks when needed which were short(how long does it take for a guy to use the toliet and wash his hands?)(which I tried to keep to a minimum, I am on a diuretic perscription so I do need to use the bathroom more than most, but it dosen't seem excessive to me.)

But, before all this started, I was constantly told how great of an employee I was. There is alot more info I have recorded. Names and dates... stuff like that but this is just a broad over-view.

And where this "friend" comes into play, he is the assistant manager and the one who told me to leave, along with a bunch of other stuff while the manager was standing there. I just don't know how much I should give out. But I will clarify if need be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow...

If anything has happened between your friend and yourself that would have a negative impact on him, then I highly suggest making a little note to the head manager about this. He could be using his power to just make you more miserable and holding a grudge against you.

But, if he doesn't have an issue with you that is personal, I still would file the complaint anyway. Make sure that if the human resources people come and check up on it, you tell them that you have a relationship with him (friendly). And with the notes that you recorded, you should be able to have a case and not have the management pull a "We gave him a warning and he is abusing his lunch priveleges".

E-mail me, Sam and I want to talk to you more about it. Sounds a bit serious. john.a.canning@gmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like they needed a scapegoat reason to get rid of you. Even though a person might be a good worker and all, doesn't mean he/she isn't expendable. You may want to rebut a little; there could be some form of illegitimacy on letting you go. If there's no solid basis of record-keeping, you may want to talk to the managerial's supervisor. Especially if you like that job.

All the best, LLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, what happened before my troubles started I sent a report to OSHA/MOSH and requested my name remain private. When they showed I seemed to know what was happening. Then a week later I was drilled by the owner in regards to the visit. This lasted about 45 minutes. Most of the laziness remarks came from the warehouse management, particularlly the one I was closest with. Looking back, it seems he tried to sudlely warn me, but I did not catch on to it. (I was so upset that day, I blocked him on myspace without giving it a second thought because I felt like I was stabed in the back, outside of work this is the only way I had of remaining in touch with him) But, before that I had no troubles with anybody there. I was actually told how great of a worker I was constantly. After, I left the warehouse I waited in the parking lot for a friend of mine that worked there a while back to meet me there. Then I went in and asked to speak to the owner, he confirmed the termination and I have a witness if I need one for the actions I am taking now. So, I believe it was due to me being an 'informant' to OSHA on the safety concerns I had. The owner also accused me of spying for previous employees in the first meeting after the inspection.

Thank you for the encouragement to those who already replied.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Surgery 5 hours from now.

Never had surgery, so to sum up my problem; scared.

Not too much but uncertain. I slept for 24 hours yesterday, and haven't eaten nor drank anything accordingly and I'm so freaking thirsty.

I have 4 wisdom teeth; kinda premature. They're taking them all out at once. Supposedly he took an xray [I saw it] and he said they were perfect. I was like awesome! ..wait why are we taking them out again?

They offered awake or asleep. I would have gone with awake but it hit me, my anxiety naturally desires for me to be awake to be awares at all costs. However it would backfire due to hearing the crunching, the numerous needles, and waiting while thinking about it as opposed to knocking out and waking up in 5 seconds accordingly to my conscious.

I love studying medical things. I know how to do what they are going to do; but not physically. Like, knowledge wise. That helps little. I wonder if they'll do the incession right; if they'll get the root out properly or dig the bone out without damaging anything else. Oooo [scratches head] Why must I think at all.

:noogie:

So anyone been through this? Any experience advice, what to expect and feel perhaps?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The better question is what to eat for the next 5 - 7 days ^^

Ice cream, fluids and pudding, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i took out two teeth once (the upper corner ones) and could only eat ice cream in couple days x)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how was the surgery, Utora?

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Am I Happy with my life?

This is not a crying for attention post but I gotta get it out of my system:

Am I happy with my life?

Not quite, because I've been kicked out of college, my love life sucks big time, I don't have a car to travel around, Whenever I plan for something nothing comes up, When I post something here people never reply or caught attention (okay I was kidding with this statement but hehe, hakuna matata ) My father tell me I got 11 years or 14 years to live because of my daily diet, right now I left something behind and still trying to catch up with my age, my father still bugging me to find a job, I'm still struggling with my English language and my grammar, I'm feeling goddamn sick because I've been sick for 3 month, I lost 10 pounds within 3 years, and the last thing I wish before I die is let this pain go away . AND I NEED to stop complaining because my mind so messed up Well.. thank you for reading this.

FENDI!
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Am I Happy with my life?

Originally posted by Fendi
    When I post something here people never reply or caught attention (okay I was kidding with this statement but hehe, hakuna matata )
    They don't reply in the ATTN thread normally unless you're popular, but I think you are popular enough to get replys.
    I don't quite know how else to reply to this. Perhaps a little advice? Live for every day, scare yourself a little every day and keep safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I poke my self everyday and scare my self the **** out of me...

(sorry I'm overdose at the moment, I just notice I drink the medicine a wrong way)

Well guys, I'm doing body scope tomorrow morning, hope and luck from you are appreciate
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awe Fendi....

you're in my prayers, man. you cn push through this, you are tougher than whats beating you down. PM me if you want to talk more, or msn me at bluebutterflylion@hotmail.com

take care

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that Fendi. Things will look up.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't want to create another thread for this, so I guess I'll stick it in here.

Today, I was practising driving with my dad in his car, and when I was coming out from an awkward junction, I accidently hit the kerb. I was going about 5mph at the most, even though he makes out I was going at a much higher speed. Basically, he had a go at me saying stuff like "I TOLD you to stop!" then naturally that made me feel upset because I'm used to people having patience if I ever make a mistake (except for my driving instructor of course, he's another one who shouts at me if I make a mistake.) So then, who said all driving instructors had patience? Definitely not mine.

Then later, when I was driving back down this road, he told me to stop, so I did, and then I said something like "It was a mistake, I only did it by accident". He kept shouting, and then he started bashing me across my head against the car window. So my reaction was to get out the car and leave him. I wasn't putting up with anymore of it.

I kept walking down this road, and then he started driving after me telling me to "Get in the car!" I refused to begin with, so he drove on, and then a few minutes later, guess what? He came back shouting "Get in the car!" again at me. So I did second or third time round, knowing that it was getting dark and that it was in the middle of a village in a rural area. On the way home all I got was "You think you're so clever, you're such a know-it-all, blahdeblah" and then everytime I tried to talk to him about it, all I got was a thump or bash from him, even when he was driving.

I'm sick of getting beat up by my dad (if that's what I can call him). I can't even count how many times he's used me as some sort of punchbag. It doesn't help either with the state I'm in right now. I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I feel as if I'm a failure at driving now, and I dunno whether or not I want to continue. Sure, I loved driving up to now, but for some reason both my instructor and my dad have put me off with the lack of patience they both have, especially my dad...

[/rant]

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awrh, been there, I tell ya... It feels like you can't do one mistake without being reminded about it for ever, right? I hope they realize soon that you learned your lesson already, and give you another chance. And yah, your dad should realize that punching you isn't gonna make the message go through any better, since you're not a little kid anymore, and your mental well-being isn't as dependent on his approval. You seem like a reasonable person that can handle things with speaking about them, and you can just prove to your dad that you've greatly exceeded him in that skill. And that skill is a bit more important than driving. And I'm sure even he has been in small car accidents. I hope you and your dad get over this as soon as possible, luckily these things never last forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awww KS, we all has been into that situation. It's a mistake don't worry, in fact I've involved in freak accident last two weeks. My dad isn't pissed off with the car, he pissed off because I took sleeping medication before I drive. I don't think your dad should to that beating you up. Since you're female and you should report to the authority that responsible.

Originally posted by HasiraKali
    I'm sorry to hear that Fendi. Things will look up.
    I'm taking medication at the moment to control my despression and anxiety. : ) I'll be alright with those pills
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww KS! How awful! Did you tell your mom about that? No way should your dad do that to you!

I hope your mom will take you driving, because you obviously can't with your dad. (And your instructor isn't any better)
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like people hitting other people, I really don't like it when it is males hitting females. Even more so, family. I don't care what the reason, even joke-willingly. Your father's a b-word, don't lash-out someone when he/she is driving.

Not cool.
    Sorry to hear that, King Simba! :woeisme: