Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Advice Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's great to hear Tiikeri, good to know you're in good health
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What a huge relief to hear you're doing alright, Tiikeri.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri
    Ok this thing is a little late arriving, if you wanna know why then ask me. And if STL tells you otherwise about this then he's wrong ok?

Long and the short of it, I don't have lung cancer. I did get a letter from the NHS (National Health Service) telling me I had cancerous lungs, but also I got another letter about a fortnight later telling me they'd made a huge mistake with the results and I'd got some 80 year old's results and he got mine. Yes I know you're all thinking "BS" but yeah, I just thought I'd come clean about that, perhaps a little late but yeah. So far I've only told Sharifu and KTL about this, but really you should all know. I guess some of you may have had you're own doubts and whatnot, but this is how it really happened. Again, if you wanna know why I never told anyone until now, then ask me.

Oh and I posted in here because it was the most appropriate place rather than making a new thread which I didn't really wanna do.
    told you it was the right thing to do, so far no one seems to be really mad at ya =) *Hugs* Its just really releaving to hear that you are doing okay as I said on MSN earlier today =3

~KTL

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *snerk* The NHS just win, they really do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    *snerk* The NHS just win, they really do.
    The shower of shoite they have at the NHS couldn't get pissed in a brewery. They did the same thing to my Grandad, except the other way round, they told him he didn't have cancer, then he died of cancer.

Makes you worry for the future generation if this is "quality" health care :E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any tips or encouragement.....

Well, both my sisters have their liscence and they are both younger than me. I have had this long time fear of driving that I am just starting to get over. Now I want to get my liscence, but I still have some fear that is holding me back. I don't know where this fear is coming from but I want to get over it. I never really want to drive on the highway though. I had this fear even before the major car accident I was in a few years back.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hakuna matata, im there with you, im still workin on me permit, i refuse to go out into the street til i got 1st gear down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I rejected my license a few years back. And then again on 2003. Though I passed both the written and driving exams that were required by law, I just rejected the license before I actually got it. Being in 3 major accidents in my life is 3 too many. All never occurred when I did drive. But the effects on me were profound. So now I rely on pooling, biking, or walking. I did a few session talks with a therapist not long ago; it helped out a lot, but it didn't cure me. Only I can do that. I don't require driving at this time: because I have enough family and friends to help me out of that aspect of my life (although I do a little local running, hehe). I would suggest therapy, if anything, it's a start. Because if you can't get over your fears, they'll eat you alive, no joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a fear of parking. I suppose my peripheral vision isnt the greatest, which is why I've had two embarassing parking accidents, all of which occur on the passenger side of the car. That's why I want a smaller car... it would be easier to judge the distance of the car from objects.

As far as tips, do you have your permit yet? All I have to say is just get out there and drive, the more you do it, the more you get used to it. When you're driving or parking, never feel rushed to do anything because that's when accidents happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm scared being in a car ... One of the reasons I haven't got my license yet.
    Also, I had 2 major accidents ... I am terrified of what other people do, so in others words, I probably don't trust all other people riding their cars when I'm on the road :s

And also, I just don't have the vision for it ... I just can't see that I'm in between the white lines, haha

However, I know how it works, there's a huge parking lot nearby, where I practiced, hehe

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just plain lazy. I still haven't got mine yet but probably will have to real soon, seeing that I'm almost 19... But I do have a slight fear of driving. I don't know why though. I've never been in a real accident though (maybe a little fender-bender thingie) and so I don't know where the fear would come from. I'm not sure what to say to ya to help or encourage other than "hang in there and do your best." I hope you're able to overcome this fear though. :fini:
    Artwork:
    Lion King Fanart Page · Deviantart Page ·
    Furaffinity Page

Telegram: @EvaJanus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really can't see myself on the highways either, but I soon have my license, on monday I'll do this writing part, then I'll just have some driving lessons more on the highway (which will be simple, 'cause I've been driving there a lot while driving through a couple of big citys) And then it's this parking thing but I can park a car good, so I don't think that will be any problem. My teacher says I'm driving too slow all the time ^^ But I'd rather drive slow, and not fast, 'cause cars are scary.
    I hope you can come over your fear anyway...a little at least, and that you can have your license if you really want to. Just because I have a car (crappy audi xD) and license doesn't mean I'll drive every day, probably just when my dad force me to the store. It's driving me nuts ^^

So please hold your thumbs on monday my writing part will go well ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what is an NHS xX?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    National Health Service. Tiikeri mentioned what the acronym meant in an earlier post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am about to get my liscence tomorrow actually, and I waited quite a while. The best thing you can do, is to drive, and to practice. I started out when I was 17 I believe, and I have been driving on my learner's since then. I wasn't that nervous when I began, but I am so much more comfortable now. The best thing you can do is be aware, pay attention to what your parents have to say, (I dont know if it's required there) but take Driver's Education. That will give you some Behind the Wheel experience, to add on to regular driving with your parents.

Really, the freeway is not the scariest, or worst place to drive on. Country roads, and residential roads are much more dangerous. They are narrow, have many more threats to look out for, and have stop signs and signals. The freeway has much more space, no stopping, no pedestrians, etc. So really, it is a safer place to drive in terms of the liklihood of an accident.

Basically, you just have to realize that driving is realtively essential to the world today. Especially in the U.S where there is a lot more space, and things are spread out etc. It really isn't as scary or dangerous as you think. Just know your stuff, be defensive, and you will do fine.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the lines of encouragement, it's a thing of having self confidence. I know, easier said then done. I won?t dispute the fact that being on the roads today make for a scary prospect. A lot of motorists will pretty much eat you alive if you let them smell blood in the water. I for one hate driving for these reasons alone, but I live a kind of solitary lifestyle and it's a necessity for me. I'm one of those people who doesn?t like moving anywhere if I can't directly see it myself. (i.e. I hate backing up using my mirrors, since I can't see things directly.)

As far as tips go, same as Xinithian said. Practice makes perfect and all that jazz. Best of luck to everyone who's doing this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember how driving used to seem like a big deal. It's amazing just how tiny of a deal it is now (at 20 years of age)! As has been said before, just get your license and start driving and you'll be doing fine. I haven't gotten into any major accidents because I almost always go the speed limit and keep my eyes peeled, so that's probably led to my sense of comfortability with driving. And don't let those road tests scare you! When I was in drivers ed, I hit so many cones! Outside of class, I haven't hit anything! Just jump right in there and don't be afraid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, for one..you aren't supposed to be backing up with just your mirrors...lol...maybe that is why you dislike it so much? You are ALWAYS supposed to actually look behind you, etc. (as long as that is possible)

I have done perfectly fine with everything related to driving..and I have to tell you...there is not much to be afraid of. You can't really say you dislike, or won't do well at something, etc etc, unless you have tried it first. The key goal is for YOU to be a great driver, and thus you will avoid accidents, and tickets. It IS possible to go through your whole life without an accident, as long as you pay attention and obey the rules.

You just have to look at it logically. The safety, and practicality of driving far outweigh the risks and that is why people continue to make it an everyday thing...which you should be able to do as well just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Merged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm...driving can be intimidating when you first start out. People here have given some good advice. One thing I suggeest is practice Defensive Driving (unless you're on the freeway, then it's a free for all... ) I didn't get my license until I was 20 years old because I couldn't afford it until then...and it was probably a good thing to wait...you're a lot more matured and all at 20 than 15 or 16, so I think you may be ready, but that's up to you to decide....sometimes, all it takes is just getting yourself a little more confidence and all.