Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Advice Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My friend died a couple of months ago and I just randomly started thinking about her yesterday and crying and stuff...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw hun!!!!

Thats such a sad thing to have happened, I'm so sorry for you. Two people I know have lost a friend, one lost his best friend and he still is very sad about it. The best thing to do is remember the best times you had with your friend. The first time you met, the laughs and the nights out/time spent round their house. Thats what I do when I think of my deceased relatives, remember the wonderful happier times I shared with them.
    Any help? I know words on a screen isn't a lot of help but the feeling that someone cares about you and is worried about you helps, I think anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I need some advice...

My mom just finished giving me a lecture about being on this board. She said she worries about me being on a board with a 'bunch of queers'. She wants me to find a board that is 'edifying'... and leave this one. She also said stuff like 'bad company corrupts bad character'. But, I fell that I am old enough to make my own decissions. But, on the other hand, should I not honour their wishes since I still live in their house and don't pay rent? I just can't see leaving you guys...

She also said she is going to help me find one in the morning, so I am most likely going to be up most the night with a bunch of 'what if's going through my head.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's, Sad =/

LLS tell your mom how old you are, if your 21 you are old enough to make your own decisions without her telling you what to do (though the my house my rules things applies)

Or do this:

Say okay fine mom, Don't have Lea on your favourites, and when she's not around, then go to Lea, and when you are done, go to your history in Internet Explorer, and delete Lea Halalela, and anything that deals with it, don't let email come to your MSN/Yahoo/AIM or whatever you use, and then delete all cookies that belong to Lea, and she will never know you come onto it

Unless of course you've got a fire wall that logs things, though I seriously doubt any can do that.. Though I don't see what gave her the right to call Lea, a place for "queers" or whatever, If she's never seen/talked to one of the LH Members lol. Though she is your mother, what I usually say..

What mommy doesn't know, Won't hurt her.

~KtL

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I need some advice...

Originally posted by lionloversam
    My mom just finished giving me a lecture about being on this board. She said she worries about me being on a board with a 'bunch of queers'. She wants me to find a board that is 'edifying'... and leave this one. She also said stuff like 'bad company corrupts bad character'. But, I fell that I am old enough to make my own decissions. But, on the other hand, should I not honour their wishes since I still live in their house and don't pay rent? I just can't see leaving you guys...

She also said she is going to help me find one in the morning, so I am most likely going to be up most the night with a bunch of 'what if's going through my head.
    Tell your mother to cut the umbilical cord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ short and sweet Neph, like the answer there.

I would recoomdend what KTL said.. true it may feel like cheating or lying.. but shes making assumations about Lea that she hasn't been on herself, or joined as a member.

You could always see if she wants to join Lea.... just kidding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I talked to my mother this morning and we more or less came to some middle ground. The agreement is I could continue coming here only if I (or she) find a board that she thinks is of a positive nature. I will have to spend the same amount of time on this other board as I do here. That is pretty much what we 'agreed' upon. She also said it is emotionally unhealthy to limit myself to this one area of interest, or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, it's really sad that your mom thinks that way, Lea's full of nice people!
    But...as for your agreement...how would she know how much time you spend on which board? I mean, she's not watching you ALL the time, is she? O.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lea is indeed full of nice people, but I must admit LLS's mum is being wise.. heck its not like you KNOW that EVERYONE on here is who they show themselves to be. I'm not saying anyone is lying, these things happen.

*She also said it is emotionally unhealthy to limit myself to this one area of interest, or something like that.*
    My response to that would be.. well, I live in one house, or do you want me to start living in more than one persons house?
    But I do agree with her in some elements of that..

LLS: it doesn't hurt to explore over areas, might be worth a try and anyway, you mite find the other sit as groovy ooby as Lea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good point, Dyani. I was looking for a board about diet and nutrition and stuff like that. If I find one it will go along with my chosen major and might even compliment my studies in college. And, how my mom will be able to tell, at least get a idea how much I visit each board, is check the history. I don't tamper with the history since I have nothing to hide with my online activities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    three words...anonymous web browsers......They're also awesome for getting around firewalls that have blocked certain sites at school or work...

But that's cool you and your Moms have worked out an agreement..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    three words...anonymous web browsers......They're also awesome for getting around firewalls that have blocked certain sites at school or work...
    Until, in turn, schools block those sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My school already has lol, Its called a Web Browser Extention

Or some BS reason,

BESS Is what they have at school, but it's to easy to bypass with a proxy server x) anyways LLS that's a good plan, Getting into a forums of your future career will get you a chance to learn more as you go on, and have some fun xD Though really how could your mom know how much time you spend a day on a forums :E Unless she asks to see you post like, 40 times a day or something...

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As my dear cousin says...
    "If you live with your parents, you will never be treated like an adult."

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Wicked
    As my dear cousin says...
    "If you live with your parents, you will never be treated like an adult."
    I disagree, I live with my parents and they let me do more or less anything I want, they don't restrict my use of the computer, although they do say something if I'm on hours. But on the whole they let me do whatever I wanna do.

Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    You're 21 and your mother is restricting what websites/forums you go on? Aren't you an adult? Here, adults are allowed to do what they want (within the limits of the law) no matter what other people say pretty much...
    I agree with that to a certain extent, but when you're living under the roof of someone else, you are obliged to live by their rules. The fact that you're an adult gives you freedom to do whatever you want outside or on your own property, but not anyone elses. Even though LLS is 21 and legally an adult, the fact that he still lives with his mother means he still has to live by her rules, no matter how insane/pointless they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri

I agree with that to a certain extent, but when you're living under the roof of someone else, you are obliged to live by their rules. The fact that you're an adult gives you freedom to do whatever you want outside or on your own property, but not anyone elses. Even though LLS is 21 and legally an adult, the fact that he still lives with his mother means he still has to live by her rules, no matter how insane/pointless they are.
    That's so true, You can't just stay at someone's house and just do whatever you want, That would be plainout rude. It's nice to follow people's rule's that they have set, Especially if it's not your house, but if it is your house, you should follow the rules that are set under that house, because they are providing for you, and if they do that, then you could at least show some decency and respect for them doing that.

Remember parents don't have to raise you after 18, They could legally kick you out of the house and not care anymore

~KtL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm gonna kill myself.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, we have had a chat on msn, and i do hope things go well tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Noodle

My best friend might be going to boarding school..... and I can't stop it.. I can't ring her or see her thanks to her fucking horrible 'mother'.
    I can't stop crying and I think I'm gonna have another brake down.....
    Her mother is evil so she prob will make her go to a stupid boarding school....

And all of this is due to some petty arguement with my dad and her mom.... why ? Due to the fact that she was out with me instead of inside because she was grounded.

I srsly dunno what to do.... I'm alone and I need her....
    might, probably, maybe

all I heard, Don't waste your life due to possibilities, and if she does you will be able to contact her during her free time Internet, Phones, etc and she wont be to far away from you anyways..

Life is precious, don't waste it on petty things.

~KtL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Noodle

My best friend might be going to boarding school..... and I can't stop it.. I can't ring her or see her thanks to her fucking horrible 'mother'.
    I can't stop crying and I think I'm gonna have another brake down.....
    Her mother is evil so she prob will make her go to a stupid boarding school....

And all of this is due to some petty arguement with my dad and her mom.... why ? Due to the fact that she was out with me instead of inside because she was grounded.

I srsly dunno what to do.... I'm alone and I need her....
    Do not let silly teenage hormoans get the better of you; supposing that killing yourself will help is foolish, and all you'll do is hurt people. Kind of like... oh, I don't know, the way you're hurting now?