Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Advice Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
    The tests are easy to pass lol, bearing in mind some of the people I know who have passed them, well, it speaks for itself! It would be nice if they raised the driving age too, since most young people just like to go fast and stuff, and cause accidents. They're not safe >_< ! I think the age is being raised to 18 soon enough, but even higher would be better...
    Ever taken one? No, exactly. And I assume by that comment that you're insinuating that I'm a dumbass because I passed? I resent that, I'm not a dumbass, and that test was the most nerve-wrecking thing I've ever done.

Originally posted by Dyani
    Actually, so should the drinking age, the smoking age and the age of consent be raised. People do not value their youth any more. Too many people are becoming pregnant at 11 or a little more. Its too sad and limits them too early in life. Smoking is just disgusting. Its a self-inflicted disease if you get cancer from it or worse, and you inflict the smoke on everyone around you. Drinking is harder to control unless you want police in every bar and shop, but less young people drinking means less people dying in drink-and-drive situations. End of Rant.)
    Do you really thing raising the limits are gonna make a difference? Seriously, I started smoking at 14, and got people 16+ to buy them for me until I was 16. Same with alcohol, I started drinking at 15, and got my dad to buy my booze until I was 18. So really, if they raise the age limit, I'll just go back to what I did before, and so will almost everyone else it affects. So at the end of the day, what will raising the limits acheive? Just more law breakers.

The trouble is, people will break the law anyway, so we need harsher punishments to deter them ^_^ ...
    XD...you really have no idea do you? Nobody these days cares about punishments, they'll do it if they have to regardless of the consequences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh please, I had a written driving test program on one of my old computers and I was getting 100% on it when I was like 6. Actually driving isn't bad either, my dad let me have a go hehe ^_^ !
    Computer progams ARE easy, and exactly how much driving did you do? Did you just steer or did you use the pedals too? Driving itself is easy, but passing a driving test isn't, because the people who are testing you are real nazis, they'll pull you for anything, be it not checking mirros or just being an inch too far from the curb.

And, people do care about punishments. I know people would start caring if they started having to spend time in institutes and jail for crimes like that.
    Some and probably most people would "care" about it, but that wouldn't stop them trying it. And if they get caught, then they get caught. But as soon as they're out or whatever, they'll do it again, because they're desperate.

It's quite sad you were smoking and drinking at that age. Your body isn't even fully developed then; it does much more harm than smoking/drinking at 18+, and even that's bad enough!
    No doubt it was and still is bad for me. But people need their methods of relaxation, and cigs and alcohol are mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As I said earlier, theory tests are easy. It's the actual driving test that hard.

And 15/16 is too young, I think everything should be put to 18 as the minimum age, until they're adults. 16 is too young to be giving people scooters.

Actually I love the taste of cigs, but yeah...I don't think hypnosis tapes are for me ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tiikeri
    Do you really thing raising the limits are gonna make a difference? Seriously, I started smoking at 14, and got people 16+ to buy them for me until I was 16. Same with alcohol, I started drinking at 15, and got my dad to buy my booze until I was 18. So really, if they raise the age limit, I'll just go back to what I did before, and so will almost everyone else it affects. So at the end of the day, what will raising the limits acheive? Just more law breakers.
    I think its sad how easily people can get addicted to smoking or drinking. Those people start early and smoke for 40 years do so much damage to themselves. But I do agree. Laws do not always prevent people from breaking them. Anyway, teenagers can be more keen to break the rules than 'adults' as it is the age at which they start testing the bounderies and limits. Its is also, unfortunatly, the time where hormones kick in.

Originally posted by Tiikeri
    And 15/16 is too young, I think everything should be put to 18 as the minimum age, until they're adults. 16 is too young to be giving people scooters.

Actually I love the taste of cigs, but yeah...I don't think hypnosis tapes are for me ^^
    aah.. but people who self-inflict themselves with knives or scissors love the feel of scissors on their skin (not my experince, just a number of frineds). It is a self-inflicting disease as I said before. Although I agree that raising the age limits for sex, smoking and drinking might not have any sort of effect on young people, there should be an increased awareness and education of the consequences of what happens i.e. pregnancy, lung cancer at 45, liver damage to 26 and, consequently, death... although that is one thing no one can avoid to be fair.

As for driving tests.. I haven't got a clue about them. The theory is perhaps the easer test as it is more mental work and the liklihood of running someones cat over when you get a wrong answer is, thankfully, very low.
    The actual driving test is the harder. But that is my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm ok I kinda have a situation I need a little help with.

It's like this....

Ok so I went to school today and I was in the corridor in the morning with my friend and my ex friend called Sarah was hanging around by herself, so Sarah comes up to me calling me a name, I send one back calling her a 'sewer rat'. So she gets her two nerdy year 7 friends to back her up as Sarah assulted me of 'bullying' her when she started it with the note .

Anyway Sarah and the year 7ns go off and come back with about three more year 7ns they come up to me and my friend asking 'why do you two bully Sarah ??'. I am very hot tempered and I push the nerdy year 7 that was moaning at me and she started nudging and clawing at me so I punched her in the face . I go off with my friend and the kid I punched was saying she would get her older sister to beat me up that has got expelled for beating people up anyway

I get sent home and I have to go to a school meeting tommorow.

So what should I do about the problem with the 'sister beating me up' ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ok, again, hehe, since that girl has already been expeld for beating up someone, can't the school do anything about her then?

I remember when we almost got hit by a car 3 times, we went to this schoolmeeting, and we got blamed for everything o_O

I don't really know what you could else :s
    Hope things work out soon !

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would explain the situation, calmly and clearly to the people at the school meeting. Make sure you use a tone that is passive and not saying anything that shows your true opinions of the others involved. that will make you sound sensible and mature and giev you a good headstart with the people in the meeting.

Good luck hun!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    at the end of the day. You are more in the right than in the wrong

Dont be afriad, Noodle
    Everything will go fine #

Just follow the good advice of Dyani, because what she said is very true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was just brought to my attention that my grandpa got alzheimers. He'd gone through a couple of tests and is now having a diagnose. I love grandpa, and I don't want to see him become an empty shell who is impossible to have a normal conversation with. This is just taking me really hard, it wasn't so long ago that he was involved in an car accident(caused by him in a way that I would rather not mention), and I know all this is hard on mom and grandma.
    There has been signs on it, lately when I've talked with him I gotta talk really slow and repeat myself or else he won't get it. He can sit for hours and just stare on the TV, but when you ask him if he's seen anything good, he has no idea.
    He's very absent and I don't want it to become worse, I don't want to watch him float away, but I have no choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Xanahti. I'll pray for him for you. Sometimes life can be hard and all you can do is watch it go by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xanahti
    It was just brought to my attention that my grandpa got alzheimers. He'd gone through a couple of tests and is now having a diagnose. I love grandpa, and I don't want to see him become an empty shell who is impossible to have a normal conversation with. This is just taking me really hard, it wasn't so long ago that he was involved in an car accident(caused by him in a way that I would rather not mention), and I know all this is hard on mom and grandma.
    There has been signs on it, lately when I've talked with him I gotta talk really slow and repeat myself or else he won't get it. He can sit for hours and just stare on the TV, but when you ask him if he's seen anything good, he has no idea.
    He's very absent and I don't want it to become worse, I don't want to watch him float away, but I have no choice.
    I'm so sorry Xanahti
    But I know what you're talking about, my granda got alzheimers for 2 years now. He doesn't remember me each time I visit him, neither does he remember his own children. Often, he just sit there for hours, staring at the wall...and without my grandma he'd be nothing, he isn't even able to go to toilet anymore. Well, some say he kinda deserved it, seeing what he did to my grandma but I still tend to have pity with him.
    Well, there's nothing you can do, I'm sorry for having to say this, but it's true...
    Still I hope it won't get that bad with your grandpa, stay strong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We think my only gran is getting Altzimers too, so I empathise hun.

Life does these horrible things to us, but it makes us who we are. I shall definatly be hinking of you during this tough time darl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should I say something....

Well... How do I explain this. I seem to go though mild 'loops' of feeling down and being happy. Sometimes I just want to cry and have no idea why. Usually in this phase I try to hide it the best I can. During my down phases I get upset over small, simple things. But, at other times I am just my 'normal self'. What ever that may be. And there is no distinct pattern to this. Should I just tell myself to grow up? Or, is this a matter that can worsen. I was partially not wanting to bother you guys with my personal problems. But, oh well, what can bringing it up hurt?

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @ Lionloversam

I feel like that a lot too. Sometimes I feel that I need to cry, talk to somebody, but I just hide it thinking that "I don't want them to think I'm silly or depressed". I never feel I can talk bout everything with anybody, I gotta be cheerful and fun all of the time, or else I don't know if they'll like me anymore. It's quite silly thoughts, but I feel vunerable when people know I'm sad.
    The feelings doesn't go away just because they're hidden in your mind. I would suggest talking to a friend or a psychologist. Talk about everything that has happend in your life, your worries and concerns. Talking is a way to work at your thoughts. Maybe you can figure out what makes you feel like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @ Lionloversam and Xanahti - I'm very sorry you two feel like this, if theres anything I can do to help please.. please email me or contact me via MSN (shadow_werewolf2@hotmail.com) I'm sorry I can't do more.
    @ Lionloversam - take Xanahti's advice about talking to a friend or councillor or psychologist. This is the best option as talking always helps. I went through a terrible phase over Christmas and through talking to a few friends and especially my closest friend, I overcame it. Talking helps you a lot.

My thoughts are with you both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you.... I may try talking to a friend. I was thinking it may be a good idea to keep a note pad with me and write down what I may be thinking or whatever is on my mind at those times.... just a idea.... Maybe I can find a pattern... What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thats quite a good idea! I hadn't thought of that!
    Don't aim to specifically find a pattern though. Writing stuff down doesn't have to have a purpose other than simply making you feel better. ^_~
    I used to write poetry (and pretty rubbish poetry too) when I felt down and even tho it was a load of crud, it helped.

It can take a lot of guts to share this to one of your friends, but you've told us! True, most of us only know you online and we don't see you in day to day situations.. but hey! We'e friends too!
    You do what feels right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I talked to my mom very breifly today and she recommended that I read a book called, "Telling yourself the truth." And she said she will talk to me more about it later. About MSN messenger, I don't think I have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish I didn't have emotions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why not hun?