Thanks guys.

Originally posted by ReVo
And I'm sure even he has been in small car accidents.
He has, he's been in a few actually. He actually killed one of our cars off from drink driving, so what does that tell you?

Originally posted by Sharifu
Aww KS! How awful! Did you tell your mom about that? No way should your dad do that to you!

I hope your mom will take you driving, because you obviously can't with your dad. (And your instructor isn't any better)
Yeah, I told my mum about it straight afterwards. She told my dad that what he did was wrong. He seemed pretty remorseful after that, but he hasn't apologised to me yet, so I wouldn't believe it until he does.

I told him that I'm doing driving with my mum from now on, but all he said was stuff like "You're not driving in this car again! You almost wrecked it!" etc. She has one hell of a lot more patience than my dad, and she doesn't shout at me whenever I do a mistake like both my instructor and dad does. I read something up on the internet and it said when somebody's learning to drive, whoever's learning them should be patient and calm with them, and that it's no good to shout at a learner if they make a mistake as it drops their confidence. Usually, in driving lessons, the instructors pull you over to talk to you about what you did wrong, not ball and shout whilst you're concentrating on driving. It seems to make you a more erratic driver if someone shouts at you when driving.

Thanks Audra.